Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We Are In Purgatory

season is pretty much done and we have nothing to look forward to.
we dont have a young team that we can enjoy watching grow.
we dont have a qb we can see progress with every win or loss
were not a team on the rise, but were not a team that can win it.
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

how the f did we get here?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Are In Purgatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
season is pretty much done and we have nothing to look forward to.
we dont have a young team that we can enjoy watching grow.
we dont have a qb we can see progress with every win or loss
were not a team on the rise, but were not a team that can win it.
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

Other than say AJ, Daniels and Schaub, who is old??
Old 10-14-2013   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Other than say AJ, Daniels and Schaub, who is old??
not old, but in their prime years that will be wasted on nothing
Old 10-14-2013   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.
"Thats on you", Thorn!
Old 10-14-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What did I do? Other than follow the Oilers and Texans all my miserable life. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #7
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

We were in purgatory after the Seattle game. I think we've moved on to hell. Because if listening to Gary Kubiak's post-game presser blather isn't some sort of sick, horrible punishment, I don't know what is.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2013   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

We have come full circle. Colts back at #1 prob for next 10 yrs, and the titans are now the benchmark for #2 team in division.

What a ****ed up world we live in.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We've been there since the 70's. Bad call on Renfro's TD catch, Montana's drive, Elway's drive, Bills meltdown, etc. The list could go on...

Houston's cursed when it comes to football. We get screwed or find ways to screw it up.
Old 10-14-2013   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

meh its not over and IMO we can get out of purgatory fast IMO

IM not worried at all
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #11
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
We have come full circle. Colts back at #1 prob for next 10 yrs, and the titans are now the benchmark for #2 team in division.

What a ****ed up world we live in.
those damn colts. what did they suffer, like 1 yr since getting manning. and that one year got them luck and set them up for the next 10 yrs.

jeez.
Old 10-14-2013   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite massive talent difference: '05 #Texans (2-14):26th in scoring, 32nd in pts allowed. '13 Texans:26th & 28th #Turnovers
Retweeted by TexansTalk.com

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
meh its not over and IMO we can get out of purgatory fast IMO

IM not worried at all
convince me. tell me how we can do this. i want to believe.
Old 10-14-2013   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #15
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
What did I do? Other than follow the Oilers and Texans all my miserable life. LOL
I'll add the Aggies to that list. For me anyways.
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
simple

yates or keenum comes in and gives us that spark kinda like in in 2011

and maybe we don't make the playoffs but we can start winning and maybe get to 9-7

and u know what we can just strat playing to be a spoiler team meaning start winning and pull playoff hopeful teams down with us into our misery LOL

Knock the colts out from seeding

Kick the titans WC hopes away

beating NE and Denver
Old 10-14-2013   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Look on the bright side, Texans record better than two other AFC teams.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll tell you.. we have to suck this year.

This isn't purgatory.. it's a cleansing, a gate, a doorway, a bridge (whatever the **** you want to call it), we must pass over it and move through it to move forward.

I rooted for us to go down in flames against the Rams and before people say I'm not a fan, because I rooted for my team to lose, or rooted for Schaub to extend his sole ownership of the NFL record of pick 6's.. I did it, because I'm a fan. A fan that realizes this current team's max potential is mediocrity. As a fan I expect more and when you're stuck in "not bad enough to make change, but not good enough to win it", that's when you're in purgatory. So I hope they fall on their face, because a change has to be made.

The only way this team is going to rid themselves of what's truly wrong with this team (coach and QB) is for them to fall flat on their collective faces. I'll still tune in and watch every second of it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'll tell you.. we have to suck this year.

This isn't purgatory.. it's a cleansing, a gate, a doorway, a bridge (whatever the **** you want to call it), we must pass over it and move through it to move forward.

I rooted for us to go down in flames against the Rams and before people say I'm not a fan, because I rooted for my team to lose, or rooted for Schaub to extend his sole ownership of the NFL record of pick 6's.. I did it, because I'm a fan. A fan that realizes this team's max potential is mediocrity. As a fan I expect more and when you're stuck in "not bad enough to make change, but not good enough to win it", that's when you're in purgatory. So I hope they fall on their face.

The only way this team is going to rid themselves of what's truly wrong with this team (coach and QB) is for them to fall flat on their collective faces. I'll still tune in and watch every second of it.
Screw that man I wanna WIN and next year WIN SOME more

Blowing a season now that really urks me I love when teams are competive week in and week out anything less is ***** IMO
Old 10-14-2013   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Screw that man I wanna WIN and next year WIN SOME more

Blowing a season now that really urks me I love when teams are competive week in and week out anything less is ***** IMO
So you'll be happy with a 8-8 season that leads to the status quo and no change for the future? What you just described is "purgatory"

Me hoping these problems hit them now and lead to change IS rooting for them to win.. in the future. As currently constructed, they aren't going to win crap of any importance. This team is lucky they aren't 0-6 right now and nobody doubts their talent level, so the problem that they're having goes beyond talent.. it wreaks of poor leadership and it stems from the HC and QB.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read