Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #61
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
It was freaking ice, oh lord i'm sure they are ok. I used to get crap and piss thrown on me daily at work for 24K a year, i'm sure these grown men will live through the trauma of having ice thrown at them. Might need some counciling or theorapy but i'm sure they can pull through
I was at the "Snowball Game" in Philadelphia vs Dallas in 1989. A ref seriously got knocked out. I also remember Jimmy Johnson getting his hair messed up which was even more horrific.

This stuff is going to happen when thousands of fans are in the parking lot pounding beer at 8am. Philly has always been a huge drunkfest in the parking lots hours before kickoff. That plus the typical Philly attitude is why the fans are the way they are there.

It's happening in Houston also minus the Philly attitude.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #62
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
based on what pre-season games? That is just assinine. No way you can say Keenum is terrible UNTIL he gets a legit shot at running this offense, until then Kubiak needs to input all variables into solving this equation at QB...
Schaub was circling the drain, and is injury-prone. Was Keenum even dressed for the game? The coaches know him, see him practice, know what command he has of the playbook. If they thought he was special, he would be at least be the backup.

Belichick believed in Tom Brady when he was a backup or even before that. Parcells believed in Romo when he was in the same boat.

Keenum isn't a sideshow that can be trotted out to sell tickets, drive ratings, and tank games, unlike how Tebow was used in Denver by Elway.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #63
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Huh?? Not sure what yor TV set up is, but for me it was very easy to hear the cheering as soon as the fans saw Schaub was rolling around on the ground in pain. Not even debatable for me.
Didn't say you couldn't hear anything, but it wasn't like the stadium erupted in cheers.

Either way I don't think it was cheering for an injury, it was fans happy Matt was leaving.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #64
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 89950 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the rationalization of assclown activity on this board.

Class.
Old 10-14-2013   #65
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a lot of unneeded indignation in this thread. So what fans cheered at an inappropriate time. Did they throw solid objects on the field? Were they a danger to themselves or the players? Get over it. Fans are fans. They paid their money for their tickets and that gives them the right to express themselves however they wish - UNTIL they become dangerous. Vocal taunts are not dangerous.

It was in bad taste, but I'm sure we'll all live.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #66
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

PATHETIC.

That word keeps rolling around in my mind.

PATHETIC football for a PATHETIC fan base. Shit attracts flies, and they were out there on the stink yesterday cheering their PATHETIC wretched black hearts out for one of our own injured players.

Philly is nothing to this fan base. N-bombs at Warren Moon's family. Beer on David Carr's wife. Now cheering injury to one of our own.

If you defend this crap, suck an egg. You are PATHETIC, too.

It's JUST A FREAKIN' GAME, LOSER. A GAME THAT YOU WATCH.

Quit living vicariously through a game that someone else plays.

I'm not labeling all Texans fans, but to the ones that feel the need to be complete douche bags, GTFO. Seriously, get off the bandwagon and go buy Cowboys gear if this is how you want to represent this city.

PATHETIC!!
Old 10-14-2013   #67
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
There is a lot of unneeded indignation in this thread. So what fans cheered at an inappropriate time. Did they throw solid objects on the field? Were they a danger to themselves or the players? Get over it. Fans are fans. They paid their money for their tickets and that gives them the right to express themselves however they wish - UNTIL they become dangerous. Vocal taunts are not dangerous.

Exactly.

1. People watch boxing and cheer when someone gets knocked out, potentially causing permanent brain damage. Same with MMA.

2. Wonder how many Texan players do that

3. This is all on Kubiak
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2013   #68
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

ummm actually they did..if i remember correctly someone said a few fans were throwing ice on the texans sidelines...maybe i heard wrong...but if true....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #69
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC football for a PATHETIC fan base. Shit attracts flies, and they were out there on the stink yesterday cheering their PATHETIC wretched black hearts out for one of our own injured players.

Philly is nothing to this fan base. N-bombs at Warren Moon's family. Beer on David Carr's wife. Now cheering injury to one of our own.

I'm not labeling all Texans fans, but to the ones that feel the need to be complete douche bags, GTFO. Seriously, get off the bandwagon and go buy Cowboys gear if this is how you want to represent this city.

PATHETIC!!
You mean the same Philly fans that booed Santa Claus and cheered Michael Irvin's career ending injury?
Old 10-14-2013   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
ummm actually they did..if i remember correctly someone said a few fans were throwing ice on the texans sidelines...maybe i heard wrong...but if true....
If the fans were throwing stuff, that is wrong. They should get kicked out of the stadium and not allowed to return.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #71
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC!!
Agreed. You know what's sad? I actually knew there'd be cheers once I saw Schaub rolling around holding his leg. Sure enough, there were cheers. I think Fox drowned them out a little once they started, but they were there.

We're in a sad, sad situation all together. Coach, Schaub, the entire team is in shambles. It's sickening that we have this much talent and we're this undisciplined. Zero accountability across the board. Manning wisely takes touchbacks, gets hurt and Martin's allowed to take it out? Pathetic
Old 10-14-2013   #72
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

We have officially became a fan base where the back up QB is one of the most popular players on the team

no matter who is starting
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #73
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PATHETIC.

PATHETIC!!
But... Texans fans were never Cowboys fans, they were always Oilers fans! Seriously, they always loved the Oilers! They totally didn't love the Cowboys DB! They totally didn't!
Old 10-14-2013   #74
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
We have officially became a fan base where the back up QB is one of the most popular players on the team
Have I traveled to an alternate reality where Sage Rosenfels never existed?
Old 10-14-2013   #75
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Exactly.

1. People watch boxing and cheer when someone gets knocked out, potentially causing permanent brain damage. Same with MMA.

2. Wonder how many Texan players do that

3. This is all on Kubiak

Well the level of stupidity of comparing mma or boxing knockouts to a football player getting hurt is beyond logic
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #76
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Did you cheer when Schaub was injured?

No, I didn't I just looked at the person with me at the game and said wow. It was one of the biggest wtf moments in Houston sport history.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #77
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well the level of stupidity of comparing mma or boxing knockouts to a football player getting hurt is beyond logic
Not really.
Old 10-14-2013   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
you dont deserve anything in the way of good sports
Who IYO does deserve anything good in the way of sports?

After 11 yrs of selling to the fans we're almost there. I dont want to do anything too traumatic, while making 1 bil off of the loyal TEXANS FANBASE does BoB deserve a Lombardi?

Does BoB even care about winning a Lombardi? So far his actions make me question his commitment and dont even give me that a businessman like BoB is still learning how to be an NFL owner after owning the team for 11 yrs and counting. That's laughable.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #79
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Its ridiculous how much play this is getting. This isn't something unique to Houston. This has happened across the league. As someone mentioned, just LAST YEAR, fans in KC were called out for doing the same when Cassell got hurt.

In fact one of Jim Mora's CLASSIC postgame meltdowns was when he was in New Orleans and got irate at Saints fans in the SuperDome for cheering when Wade Wilson went down. I remember watching that game (it was a primetime game) and the cheers were LOUD. Nothing like the smattering heard yesterday at Reliant.

Here is a clip of the classic meltdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMwECIOXYs

To summarize, I think cheering, wishing or even stating that you wish so and so player go down is bad karma and I don't do engage in that at all.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #80
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Not really.

Yes really. In an activity where its an objective to win the match it is expected. Moronic to compare it to football injuries
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read