Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #1
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If Kubes is fired

If Gary's tenure as Texans HC ends this season, who are the possible replacements, and who would you want as new HC?
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #2
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubes is fired

I am not sure who I'd want.

I worry that guys like Gruden and Cowher have been out of the coaching game for too long.

I'm also not thrilled with having a college coach move up.

The real problem is all the good coaches have jobs.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Of the realistic possibilities I'd probably go after sumlin.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #4
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I concur. Sumlin is the easy decision IMO.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No no no. Laugh all you want but I believe Gruden salivates at the thought of coaching this team and it would draw him out.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone that is current in this pass happy league. Sooner or later, cut blocking will be outlawed. The spread is the way to go. The NFL is just years behind the NCAA this time around.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #7
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

No Charlie Strong fans??? LOL
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2013   #8
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a coach to put their foot up their collective asses. Not one that acts like eeyore on the on the sideline and after a loss. Cowher, Gruden, I'd even take Coughlin at this point.

And if I had to choose a college coach, it would be David Shaw from Stanford.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #9
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
No no no. Laugh all you want but I believe Gruden salivates at the thought of coaching this team and it would draw him out.
what makes gruden so desirable?

gruden got canned from tampa. he won a superbowl with dungy's team.

gruden runs the same crap offense kubiak does.

NO THANKS
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd want someone who sounds like this

http://youtu.be/JNAqcom3zaY
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #11
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Whoever it is I hope their a little more aggressive and possibly keep Wade but whoever it is, needs to be exactly opposite of the " Golly G, Aww shucks" mentality
Old 10-13-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I don't care what he salivates at. I'd prefer someone fresh with a different perspective.

That said, I'll take gruden over kubiak a day.
Old 10-13-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't think Sumlin would be interested. He seems like the guy who would wait until his contract is up before he leaves A&M.

Dan Quinn,
The Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator is the only person on my list right now.
Old 10-13-2013   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Someone that is current in this pass happy league. Sooner or later, cut blocking will be outlawed. The spread is the way to go. The NFL is just years behind the NCAA this time around.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...state-of-texas

This guy might fit your description.

Might pizz off Baylor fans.

Old 10-13-2013   #15
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

David Shaw, Kyle Shanahan, Lovie Smith just to throw a few names out there
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post

NO THANKS
A lot of times when this argument is made, it ignores the fact that he win the superbowl against his old team.

And still, even ignoring that, being a finisher is what this team needs. The ability to take a team that's already built and win big with them is not a bad thing in this instance.

I'm sure Tampa is happy that gruden was able to get them over the hump.
Old 10-13-2013   #17
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post

NO THANKS
Gruden is not top on my list either. He's been out for too long and he never really built a team that he won with.

I'd rather see a defensive minded coach who brings in a good OC.

I think the other option is to start with a GM.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #18
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
Ive been saying Kyle needs to be a HC somewhere for a while, I think he'd succeed almost anywhere
Old 10-13-2013   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I assume we're talking about the eventual replacement for Wade Phillips here? I mean, really I'm pretty sure Wade is the Head-Coach-in-Waiting here. Like it or not we're probably going to have to sit through a couple of years of Wade giving it one more shot before we get another shot at a legitimate HC.
Old 10-13-2013   #20
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
I was going to mention Kyle Shanahan as well, Bob might want to stick with the same system on offense...
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read