Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #81
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

From the appearance of Schaub's response to the injury and the type of wrap, it looks like at least a grade II lateral ankle sprain, but without an MRI, a hairline fracture or high ankle sprain cannot be ruled out. Since this occurred in the same foot as his Lisfranc (which could also have been aggravated), the implications are very poor for anything but further deterioration of his mobility and performance. If they put him out there for any reason next week against KC, even if it is only with a mundane sprain, not only will he look even more like a cripple and play more like a cripple, he will extend his injury.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #82
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13262 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Possible you fell and landed on your head?

Hah, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I just find it hilarious and asinine that people care so much about the emotional feelings of someone who has already made more money than they should in a lifetime by playing a sport. There is so much wrong in the world while these babied athletes reap all the benefits, but as soon as the boo's or cheers for another QB come out, it's absolutely wrong and "disgusting." Why would it even matter to you? Schaub doesn't care what you think or feel. He's already won by getting a NFL deal. In fact, that just goes to show how inept people are about seeing the big picture. These athletes already made it.

Stop feeling bad for him. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #83
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Hah, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I just find it hilarious and asinine that people care so much about the emotional feelings of someone who has already made more money than they should in a lifetime by playing a sport. There is so much wrong in the world while these babied athletes reap all the benefits, but as soon as the boo's or cheers for another QB come out, it's absolutely wrong and "disgusting." Why would it even matter to you? Schaub doesn't care what you think or feel. He's already won by getting a NFL deal. In fact, that just goes to show how inept people are about seeing the big picture. These athletes already made it.

Stop feeling bad for them. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.

You just don't understand.

It's you I feel bad for. But we all have character flaws, even me.

But I am equally sure you don't care what I think.

Old 10-13-2013   #84
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I used to wonder why sports players and entertainers make millions. They know owners have money and fans have high demands for products.
Old 10-13-2013   #85
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

Stop feeling bad for him. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #86
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dude...seriously? Get off it bro. Our fan base simply takes the embarrassment on the field and brings it up into the stands upon ourselves with this crap.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...ng-cheers-fans

If I was a player on this team I would also be disgusted and if I were a player on another team, I wouldn't be admiring anyone who is playing in this city.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #87
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From the appearance of Schaub's response to the injury and the type of wrap, it looks like at least a grade II lateral ankle sprain, but without an MRI, a hairline fracture or high ankle sprain cannot be ruled out. Since this occurred in the same foot as his Lisfranc (which could also have been aggravated), the implications are very poor for anything but further deterioration of his mobility and performance. If they put him out there for any reason next week against KC, even if it is only with a mundane sprain, not only will he look even more like a cripple and play more like a cripple, he will extend his injury.
Kubes' presser made it sound like he was having other problems with the leg as well. I think he said "a little bit of everything was wrong with his leg".

I would expect that he will be taking next week off and getting reevaluated after the bye week.

I agree, with his history and his already lack of mobility, he shouldn't be out there. He'd literally be a statue.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2013   #88
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 68297 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been an embarrassing week to be a Texans fan. Between the team shaming themselves twice in an 8 day span, the national hysteria about a million angry rioters burning down Schaub's house, and now cheering a guy who just got hurt playing a game to entertain your sorry asses...

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #89
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I don't think (hope) the fans that were cheering were because of the injury, more that a change was now going to be forced. Why keep doing the same thing expecting different results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Haven't read through the whole thread. I was at the game & I don't know that the fans were cheering when Schaub got hurt. After the sack, everyone was quite like we normally are after a sack. It was awkward when it looked like Matt wasn't moving.

There was cheers when they saw Yates start warming up.

Then there were cheers when Matt got up & was being taken off the field. I don't think that was meant as anything against Matt. We do that any time a player is hurt on the field, then gets up. That's good sportsmanship....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...ng-cheers-fans

If I was a player on this team I would also be disgusted and if I were a player on another team, I wouldn't be admiring anyone who is playing in this city.
Puke... now the media is gonna run with this vs discuss other issues with the team cause it's an easy story. Yeah, let's highlight the few "idjuts" of the fanbase, even IF they were cheering the injury.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #90
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Kubes' presser made it sound like he was having other problems with the leg as well. I think he said "a little bit of everything was wrong with his leg".

I would expect that he will be taking next week off and getting reevaluated after the bye week.

I agree, with his history and his already lack of mobility, he shouldn't be out there. He'd literally be a statue.
These ankle sprains can very much feel worse after a couple of hours following the injury (endorphins can account for the immediate lesser response). It would not surprise me to see him in a boot tomorrow. Post Lisfranc alone, his mobility/stability was questionable. Add at very least an ankle sprain, the leg would definitely be expected to show greater instability. Without adequate rest and strength, he will extend his injury(ies) and significantly increase his risk for another injury while compensating for poor stability.
Old 10-13-2013   #91
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
KC had 10 sacks today . With that type of rush , Schaub would be a sitting duck .
Old 10-13-2013   #92
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
KC had 10 sacks today . With that type of rush , Schaub would be a sitting duck .
More accurately a DEAD duck.........
Old 10-13-2013   #93
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Our offensive line will manhandle the Chiefs defensive line. Let's just run the ball down their throats 30-plus times with a heavy dose of Foster and Tate.
Old 10-13-2013   #94
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And you thought it couldn’t get any worse than showing up at Matt Schaub’s house after a disappointing loss? Well, there is a special place in fandom hell for those of you who elected to cheer when it was clear that Schaub was injured after being sacked by Chris Long with 3:45 left in the third quarter I don’t care how frustrated you are, that is a total lack of class. Philadelphia fans are roasted for booing Santa Claus some 45 years ago. Going after a fictional character for fun is far less egregious than celebrating your own starting quarterback’s injury. You. Should. Be. Ashamed.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ns/?cmpid=hpfc

Its true. We are the laughingstock across the country as a football team, AND as a fan base. The ole double whammy. Nice job Houston, we are a disgrace all the way around.
Old 10-13-2013   #95
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

stop bringing up money its not about that you scumbag
aussie_texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #96
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Our offensive line will manhandle the Chiefs defensive line. Let's just run the ball down their throats 30-plus times with a heavy dose of Foster and Tate.
Yep.

Just force feed the football right down their throat. Gash them with the run. Limit the pass. Pound them. Bash them.

Just like we did toda.....

Oh...wait....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #97
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a few bad apples in the stands and that the media is running with it.
Old 10-13-2013   #98
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I was at the game.

Some fans cheered when Schaub went down, but it was pretty quiet. More fans cheered when Schaub stood up and walked off the field.

Everyone went crazy when Yates entered the game.

Those first fans that cheered are douches. Most people didn't cheer while he was down. Of course the media will say that the stands were going crazy when Schaub was down.
someone posted a video and it doesnt even seem like what themedia is making it out to be.. there was a period of silence while he was down and the loudest cheer doesnt come until he stands up (which would signify they are cheering him getting up). the video cut before yates went in so i dont remember if it got louder. so what i can see from video was fans booed when he got sacked, then as they notice him hurt theres some collective stadium noise including reactions but you dont hear cheering as if the stadium erupted in glee.. the media is trying to make this players vs fans crap..
Old 10-13-2013   #99
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Sounds like a few bad apples in the stands and that the media is running with it.
It was pretty obvious to me watching live on TV that it wasn't just a "few" bad apples. It was easily heard right when he went down.
Old 10-13-2013   #100
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225686 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
It was pretty obvious to me watching live on TV that it wasn't just a "few" bad apples. It was easily heard right when he went down.
It was very clear on the radio.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read