Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #21
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, the answer is not Yates; I can tell you that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I think we saw what we have in Yates, and it wasn't exactly looking like an upgrade.
For the record, I have said a many times that I don't believe Yates is the answer. I am rooting for Keenum to play over him. I already have mentioned that I think Yates is a ****ty QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Riiight. And Philly fans weren't cheering Irvin's injury as much as they were cheering he was finally off the field.

Fans shouldn't cheer when a player gets hurt. They should act like they have some class.
When did I ever mention Philly? There is nothing wrong with fans cheering when an under-performing player finally gets knocked off the field one way or another. I personally would have preferred benching or cutting as that would have also shown that coaching/management has some stones. It's sad for Schaub that he got injured, but I would be lying if I said I was ecstatic that he is off the field for whatever the reason.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
ohh god settle down with your fake outrage and moral indignation.

The entire city of houston was cheering.

You act as if the fans just killed his wife and kids after witnessing schaub get both legs amputated.

Its not that serious and frankly, a lot of people felt the same way.

Schaub has earned it.
Quoted just for people to see your asshatery.
Old 10-13-2013   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quoted just for people to see your asshatery.
why are you pulling his posts up when I silenced him?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #24
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

well we finally confirmed what's long been suspected: TJ's not the answer and Houston is right at the top of the most clueless, lame fanbases out there. Those dumbasses that cheered don't deserve a winning team to bandwagon on (and do the wave while watching)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #25
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2474 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ Yates played averaged a few years ago and he hasn't played full time since the first time we made the playoffs I expect him to be trash now.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #26
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I think we saw what we have in Yates, and it wasn't exactly looking like an upgrade.
He was until he got in the redzone...lol
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #27
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
He was until he got in the redzone...lol
Like the guy who hits .370 with bases empty and trailing by six runs or more, but hits .110 with guys in scoring position in "close and late" situations...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2013   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
For the record, I have said a many times that I don't believe Yates is the answer. I am rooting for Keenum to play over him. I already have mentioned that I think Yates is a ****ty QB.
why do you want to see keenum? based on his good preseason v the scrubs? that '****ty' qb had just as good a preseason v the same competition. do the math
Old 10-13-2013   #29
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
why do you want to see keenum? based on his good preseason v the scrubs? that '****ty' qb had just as good a preseason v the same competition. do the math
It might tell us how high we need to draft a QB next year, and even if the Texans had to trade up to secure one....
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #30
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
Pretty sure one poster here on my ignore list was cheering somewhere.

Awful to see our fan base turn into such a-holes.
If you are referring to me the answer is no.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #31
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

all the people that cheered matt's injury is sick and disrespectful. i'll be first to vote for case but I would never wish matt injury.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #32
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well we finally confirmed what's long been suspected: TJ's not the answer and Houston is right at the top of the most clueless, lame fanbases out there. Those dumbasses that cheered don't deserve a winning team to bandwagon on (and do the wave while watching)
Save your pathetic moral indignation. Focus it on the crappy product on the field and not the fans who are rightfully angry and disappointed.
Old 10-13-2013   #33
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
why are you pulling his posts up when I silenced him?
Why did you silence him?
Old 10-13-2013   #34
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I don't think people were cheering Schaub's injury as much as they were cheering that he was finally getting off the damn field.
I was there, people all around the stadium cheered when he was down.
Old 10-13-2013   #35
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Save your pathetic moral indignation. Focus it on the crappy product on the field and not the fans who are rightfully angry and disappointed.

not even gonna get into it because there's no helping people like those fans (and yourself). all I will say is what's in the stands is even worse than the ****ty football on display at the moment. the players/coaches are failing at their jobs (which is a game at the end of the day). those fans are failing at life.

if a game (no matter how bad...and it was bad) causes you to act like that, time to take a long, hard look at your life. that might be where the 'pathetic' word is really required.

even the players aren't hiding it and acting all PC with this one
Old 10-13-2013   #36
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see a lot of confidence in Keenum and I see him make throws to receivers that I simply don't see Schaub making. I was also never impressed with Yates. He just always seems a bit clueless or lost out there. Do I think Keenum is the answer? Nope. He has yet to prove anything. What I do know however, is that neither Schaub or Yates are the answer and have not been. At the very least, if Keenum goes out there and sucks it up, at least we know how much of a priority it is to draft a QB.

I personally think that Keenum outplayed Yates considerably in the preseason if it weren't for all the 3rd string baddies he had to play with.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #37
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith

#Texans' Andre Johnson on fans cheering injured Matt Schaub: "It just shows that they have no class."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6062--nfl.html

The headline on Yahoo news btw:
"Fans' despicable act aimed at injured QB"
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #38
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game.

Some fans cheered when Schaub went down, but it was pretty quiet. More fans cheered when Schaub stood up and walked off the field.

Everyone went crazy when Yates entered the game.

Those first fans that cheered are douches. Most people didn't cheer while he was down. Of course the media will say that the stands were going crazy when Schaub was down.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #39
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Folks that were cheering for "change"....why not just keep your mouth shut while Schaub was being tended to and helped off the field? If you want to cheer for change, you can let it loose when Yates run onto the field, after Schaub is on the sidelines.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #40
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I was at the game.

Some fans cheered when Schaub went down, but it was pretty quiet. More fans cheered when Schaub stood up and walked off the field.

Everyone went crazy when Yates entered the game.

Those first fans that cheered are douches. Most people didn't cheer while he was down. Of course the media will say that the stands were going crazy when Schaub was down.
This is exactly how it was. It was pathetic for those that were cheering that he was down and I heard a couple that were definitely cheering that he was hurt. Most were cheering because Yates came in.

It's one thing to boo someone who isn't playing well and be happy if he gets replaced, but to cheer an injury is disgusting. It doesn't matter how much money he makes.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read