Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #221
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
I agree. I just wish that the the pressure Foster gets from Tate we had a qb that can put the same pressure on Schaub. Over the years Kubiak prevented that from happening. Case may be the guy I've seen too much potential in him and I know a good qb when I see one. I just think this is a good ol boy system in terms of the favoritism and loyalty kubiak shows to some areas of the team versus others and when your goal is to truly win a superbowl you gotta cut shat like that out.
Is your assessment that much better than the rest of the NFL? The guy went undrafted and you dream up a conspiracy rather than realizing that nobody that matters in the NFL give Case Keenum a thought.... Well, except Gary Kubiak.
Old 10-15-2013   #222
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary gives no ******** about the extent of Schaubs injury. Lol
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #223
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

If Case Keenum were a couple inches taller he'd have been drafted in the 5th or 6th round. Let's not overlook why teams passed on him. It wasn't just because they feared he was a system quarterback at U of H. But this kid can flat out play and sling the ball around. I just want him to pump some life into our boring and dead team.

We need something to spark the entire team. That sure as hell isn't coming from an injured and slow Matt Schaub, and a horrible T.J. Yates. If we want to keep losing games and finish the season 4-12 then by all means, keep staring Schaub or let's play Yates. But don't become upset after another frustrating loss.
Old 10-15-2013   #224
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #225
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If Case Keenum were a couple inches taller he'd have been drafted in the 5th or 6th round. Let's not overlook why teams passed on him. It wasn't just because they feared he was a system quarterback at U of H. But this kid can flat out play and sling the ball around. I just want him to pump some life into our boring and dead team.

We need something to spark the entire team. That sure as hell isn't coming from an injured and slow Matt Schaub, and a horrible T.J. Yates. If we want to keep losing games and finish the season 4-12 then by all means, keep staring Schaub or let's play Yates. But don't become upset after another frustrating loss.
I like keenum, and I am hopeful that he ends up being a good NFL QB. It. Is possible. I like what I saw in the preseason.

There is no reason to manifest a conspiracy to explain why the head coach hasn't started a 2nd year Udfa QB who has never played a regular season down. Stop acting like Kubiak is trying to keep Keenum down. He is the one coach that has illustrated some belief in the guy... He signed him and also uncharacteristicly used a roster spot to protect him this season.
Old 10-15-2013   #226
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Is your assessment that much better than the rest of the NFL? The guy went undrafted and you dream up a conspiracy rather than realizing that nobody that matters in the NFL give Case Keenum a thought.... Well, except Gary Kubiak.
This is Case's second year on the team my biggest point of my rant was that Kubiak refused to bring in QB and let that QB give Matt Schaub true competition over the years he has coached him. I could see if Matt Schaub was elite but he never was and Schaub was never pushed in training camp like other key players in other key positions on the team. I have faith in Keenum because he has faith in himself and has showed at least that in the limited opportunities he has been given.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #227
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Were you making that same argument against Foster when he was undrafted? By your logic no one in the NFL gave Arian Foster a thought... Well, except Gary Kubiak.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2013   #228
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think everyone knows case is a longshot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #229
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
You don't get it. I find this subject quite ironic after the recent titled threade: Accountability- which was targeted at Kubiak and the Texan organization not having any "accountability".

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior.
The fans were held "accountable" when they had to pay for overpriced parking, game day tickets, and then had to swallow overpriced beer just so they could be able to sit through the game they witnessed Sunday.

The fans have paid and have been paying their due for decades. What you witnessed Sunday was pent up frustration from a fan base that's tired of being held "accountable" and a fan base that's tired of paying dues. They want to see the fruits of their investment to start paying off. Matt Schaub was just a easy target.. but hey, setting NFL records for pick 6's will put you in the crosshairs.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #230
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Were you making that same argument against Foster when he was undrafted? By your logic no one in the NFL gave Arian Foster a thought... Well, except Gary Kubiak.
I didn't need to make the argument, because when he was not active for most of his rookie year, people weren't accusing Kubiak of keeping him on the bench due to some "good old boy code".

Again, I like Keenum and am interested in seeing what he can do. My issue is the ridiculous notion that he hasn't started yet because of loyalty or a lack of accountability instead of the simple belief (a reasonable one) that he is not the team's best chance to win right now.... Clearly, with Schaub's injury, that pendulum has shifted, and he is rightly being considered this week.

Realize also, that in a very similar situation, the genius coach: Bill Bellichick only went to the benchwarmer, Tom Brady, after Drew Bledsoe was injured (not because of his poor play and the team's losing)... Then, when Bledsoe was healthy again, late in the season, after Brady had led the team into the playoffs, I believe he reinsterted Bledsoe (who was hurt again). There is nothing mysterious or peculiar about an NFL head coach trusting the veteran QB over a late round/undrafted QB lacking NFL game experience.
Old 10-15-2013   #231
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The fans were held "accountable" when they had to pay for overpriced parking, game day tickets, and then had to swallow overpriced beer just so they could be able to sit through the game they witnessed Sunday.

The fans have paid and have been paying their due for decades. What you witnessed Sunday was pent up frustration from a fan base that's tired of being held "accountable" and a fan base that's tired of paying dues. They want to see the fruits of their investment to start paying off. Matt Schaub was just a easy target.. but hey, setting NFL records for pick 6's will put you in the crosshairs.

You are under no obligation to continue to pay for the product if you believe it is not a good value. You can probably sell your PSLs for a significant profit and certainly unload your tickets this year for some profit... By the way, if you want to talk about a lack of accountability and poor decision-making, there are few examples better than someone spending $7.00 on a bud light and then complaining about getting robbed. I'm pretty sure you could go 3 hours without a beer at that price, especially given the fact that tailgating is encouraged.

Are you a new member to the anti-Kubiak crowd? Because if your opinion of him has been what it is now, then you surely knew what you were risking when you agreed to the terms and conditions of the season tickets this year.

I, by the way, was a season ticket holder from the first season until the middle of last season. I thought the value was quite good, with exception of the 2005 season, one in which I did significant booing from the stands, largely in response to a clear lack of effort on the field and lack of respect to the game of football. Still, though, I did not boo injuries or unload blame onto a single football player that was giving effort.
Old 10-15-2013   #232
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are under no obligation to continue to pay for the product if you believe it is not a good value. You can probably sell your PSLs for a significant profit and certainly unload your tickets this year for some profit... By the way, if you want to talk about a lack of accountability and poor decision-making, there are few examples better than someone spending $7.00 on a bud light and then complaining about getting robbed. I'm pretty sure you could go 3 hours without a beer at that price, especially given the fact that tailgating is encouraged.

Are you a new member to the anti-Kubiak crowd? Because if your opinion of him has been what it is now, then you surely knew what you were risking when you agreed to the terms and conditions of the season tickets this year.

I, by the way, was a season ticket holder from the first season until the middle of last season. I thought the value was quite good, with exception of the 2005 season, one in which I did significant booing from the stands, largely in response to a clear lack of effort on the field and lack of respect to the game of football. Still, though, I did not boo injuries or unload blame onto a single football player that was giving effort.
Well good for you,

And while I don't agree with cheering while someone is injured, I'm not going to say "fans need to be held accountable" either (speaking of which.. how do you want them to be held accountable?) or think it's somehow ironic that they aren't. Wrong or right, if you agree with or disagree with what they do.. the fans have paid their price and are entitled to express their opinion. You say fans are " under no obligation to continue to pay for the product".. That would be like me saying the players are under no obligation to continue playing if their little feelings get hurt by a couple of boos/cheers. Sorry, while it was in bad taste to cheer when Schaub went down, I'm not going to shed a tear when overpriced players who aren't meeting expectations are chastised by those paying their salaries.
Old 10-15-2013   #233
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #234
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I was more or less being sarcastic but sadly, I'd rather see guys who are at least in good physical shape and can gain some positive yardage if the pass rush is too strong. As oppose to a guy who will just fall down like a wounded duck and is Mr. Automatic sack or turnover machine. Given the state of our offensive line these days, we'd be better off with a QB who can run. Making our backfield that much more stronger in the running game. We already have two of the better RBs in the league. Add another element with a QB who is a threat to take off and defenses would have a hard time trying to stop us - especially in the red zone where we struggle beyond belief.

Well neither VY or Tebow can make it in the nfl so you calling for them just shows lack of judgement
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #235
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
What's foolish is to be grouping all Texans fans as fans that boo'd Schaub when in reality it wasn't even 20% of the crowd. What's foolish is go even bring up what the crowd is doing when your 2-4 as a football team saying it's super bowl or bust. Fans pay to see the game and players and coaches get paid to play and coach the game. That hasn't changed and that's the reality.

Im not sure anyone attempted to say all texans fan act in a certain way. For you to keep bringing up money someone makes to justify other issues is silly at best
Old 10-15-2013   #236
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post

Gary gives no ******** about the extent of Schaubs injury. Lol
Just now seeing this after I posted it too lol! You beat me to it! I got it off our Austin Texans FB page, not sure who created it.

MSR

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #237
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Well good for you,

And while I don't agree with cheering while someone is injured, I'm not going to say "fans need to be held accountable" either (speaking of which.. how do you want them to be held accountable?) or think it's somehow ironic that they aren't. Wrong or right, if you agree with or disagree with what they do.. the fans have paid their price and are entitled to express their opinion. You say fans are " under no obligation to continue to pay for the product".. That would be like me saying the players are under no obligation to continue playing if their little feelings get hurt by a couple of boos/cheers. Sorry, while it was in bad taste to cheer when Schaub went down, I'm not going to shed a tear when overpriced players who aren't meeting expectations are chastised by those paying their salaries.
I'm not shedding tears for Schaub...

But the idea that fans are victims is ludicrous. Nobody is twisting any fan's arm to buy tickets/beer. Not only that, but demand is still high... Your tickets and parking passes are valuable assets. So, anyone disappointed and surprised by this year's product can easily get a good return on the remaining tickets... I believe, also, that the Texan games are available on television for almost no money and you can buy a six pack of good beer for the price of one stadium beer.

I advise all discontent fans to be discerning consumers. It is actually not the fault of the NFL or McNair, but it is the fault of the fans that the tickets/parking passes/beer are priced what they are. Demand is high enough to justify it.
Old 10-15-2013   #238
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not shedding tears for Schaub...

But the idea that fans are victims is ludicrous. Nobody is twisting any fan's arm to buy tickets/beer. Not only that, but demand is still high... Your tickets and parking passes are valuable assets. So, anyone disappointed and surprised by this year's product can easily get a good return on the remaining tickets... I believe, also, that the Texan games are available on television for almost no money and you can buy a six pack of good beer for the price of one stadium beer.

I advise all discontent fans to be discerning consumers. It is actually not the fault of the NFL or McNair, but it is the fault of the fans that the tickets/parking passes/beer are priced what they are. Demand is high enough to justify it.
Who said fans are victims? We're simply saying they've paid their price and are free to voice their opinion without people questioning if they should be held "accountable". Speaking of which, how would you go about holding them accountable? Do you want the Texans to create some kind of gestapo that snatches up fans who boo or express a negative view towards their team?
Old 10-15-2013   #239
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He signed him and also uncharacteristicly used a roster spot to protect him this season.
That couldn't be because you can see enough of that potential for him to get taken off the PS by one of those other 31 teams? Nah, it must've been true love.

I don't think Kubiak "hates" Case, I just think that he'll follow his standard "play the higher drafted guy almost no matter what" schtick as he's done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure anyone attempted to say all texans fan act in a certain way. For you to keep bringing up money someone makes to justify other issues is silly at best
If you haven't seen it or heard it, that's on you. I've been bombarded with it ad nauseum since Sunday night.

From Newspapers, to PFT, to Facebook, to ESPN, NBC, ABC, (to comments on here regarding Houston fans don't deserve a championship), etc. - I'm damn tired of all the "classless Texans fans" comments that paint with sucha broad brush.
Old 10-15-2013   #240
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
That couldn't be because you can see enough of that potential for him to get taken off the PS by one of those other 31 teams? Nah, it must've been true love.

I don't think Kubiak "hates" Case, I just think that he'll follow his standard "play the higher drafted guy almost no matter what" schtick as he's done before.

If you haven't seen it or heard it, that's on you. I've been bombarded with it ad nauseum since Sunday night.

From Newspapers, to PFT, to Facebook, to ESPN, NBC, ABC, (to comments on here regarding Houston fans don't deserve a championship), etc. - I'm damn tired of all the "classless Texans fans" comments that paint with sucha broad brush.

Most outlets I've seen pointed out it wasn't all fans

Oh and you don't deserve a championship, no fan base does

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read