Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #121
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Believers... check in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
They certainly have an effect DURING the game when you have to change your Offensive playcalling. Granted Kubiak still ran the ball late on Sunday, but it wasn't in any attempt to actually win the game. He wanted it OVER.
That's a totally different discussion. (And not particularly accurate, either*.)

The point differential of a game you won or lost doesn't make any difference except in possible tie-breakers. So right now, we're 2-4, the Titans are 3-3, and the Colts are 4-2.

And a lot of our "fans" have thrown in the towel and given up and are looking forward to the end of the Smithiak/Schaub era.

We may not come back. We may collapse and have an awful rest of this season. BUT. We might come back and we might win this division. This is WHY you should be a fan... to watch your team fight back into contention.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #122
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I can't be the only one who immediately thought of this...

After seeing Matt's wife, I'm pretty sure you're one of the very few whose mind went here
Old 10-15-2013   #123
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Your favorite Saints fan weighing in. (native Houstonian / grew up with the
Oilers. I am an expert on tough times.)

Your options are:
1. Go to the games, be the home field monster you are, stand with
your boys, have fun- win or lose, (like we do in New Orleans) and
bring something positive. They might win. They might lose. The sun
still rises in Pasadena, and you have fun hanging with your red & blue
buds. Be a good example to your kids, and also show the rest of
America that Houston is a class place with great fans.

2. Go on a diet, start exercising 3 times a day, take some suppliments, sign
up for an Arena League team, practice getting your head knocked off by
300 lb men. Stay up day and night in film study, hire Bill Walsh to per-
sonally tutor you in fundementals--- and get out there and do better
yourself. You might win. You might lose. Depends on how good
YOU are.

3. Ditch Houston tradition, and become the new Philidelphia. Burn Jerseys,
stalk your players in their driveway, and do various tacky, negative
tantrums. You wont win, in fact this might even effect your future,
when free agency kicks in again, and no one wants to play for you, but
you'll feel better getting it out.

Rickey Watters, Eagles, post game interview: (why didnt you lay out for
that pass in the middle?) answer: For Who For What?
Dont let this become YOUR players attitude toward you, the fan.

Its like yelling at a movie. You THINK you're helping things, but really, you're
not. Cmon. Act like Houston.
I'll take Option #1 for 500 Alex

And yes, we're definitely in Jeopardy.
Old 10-20-2013   #124
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Sunday morning. Time to check-in as a believer.....at least for the next few hours.
Old 10-20-2013   #125
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are my new believers now that Case is starting?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #126
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I'm gonna go make some breakfast.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #127
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Where are my new believers now that Case is starting?
I'm checking in and getting the backyard setup for game time. I think the guys can pull the win off in kc to make the Indy really interesting
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #128
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't believe last week, however, Case has given me a reason to believe. I don't know what it is, but I really really think we win this game.

If we don't, next week is going to suck.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read