Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #161
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fans show up at Schaubs home - NFL security - HPD involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
It says ...Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

There's no room for misinterpretation (though our politicians seem to think there is) and implicitly says you can SAY what you want without fear of the government saying you can't. It doesn't limit it to speaking about this or that. It very simply says what it says. But, I digress. If you want to snap shots of me while in public and ridicule me...go for it.
Huh... I stand corrected...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr347/text
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #162
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
The street and sidewalk are public domain
Driveways are not (and sidewalks are quasi but not going to sidetrack onto that).
Old 10-09-2013   #163
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have finally made it on the Drudge Report... For the wrong reasons.

Drudge received 34,648,027 unique hits today.

And I quote myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Every group of people has its nutjobs. And sometimes those nutjobs make a reputation for your city.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #164
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder who OK'ed putting out this false story and why the national media took this story and ran with it?

What upsets me is it makes the best fanbase in the entire NFL (THE GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS) look like a bunch football crazy hicks. Which furthers the country bumkin stereotype.

I just wish Houston Texans management cared as much about winning as the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS do.

Coach Joe MUST GO.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #165
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I wonder who OK'ed putting out this false story and why the national media took this story and ran with it?

What upsets me is it makes the best fanbase in the entire NFL (THE GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS) look like a bunch football crazy hicks. Which furthers the country bumkin stereotype.

I just wish Houston Texans management cared as much about winning as the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS do.

Coach Joe MUST GO.
I won't put it past the Texans spin doctors to draw pity towards matt schaub. the whole thing is skeptical at best, and when that is the scenario, always assume the worst.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #166
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Coach Joe MUST GO.
Kyle Williams had death threats after he fumbled away the NFC Championship game vs the NYG, and Mitch Williams had death threats after he gave up the walkoff to Joe Carter...so it's not just hicks, but hippies and urban elite as well.

Or this tweet at Steve Blake after he missed a 3-ball in the playoffs vs the Thunder

Wow RT @JAMESALLONYOU: @SteveBlake5 I just don't get it, You ***** nigga. I hope your family gets murdered. ****

— kristen blake (@kristenblake2) May 17, 2012

No one has a patent on stupidity.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #167
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Drudge and Spin Doctors, oh my. All we need is for this story to show up on infowars. Has Alex Jones weighed in on this yet?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2013   #168
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Kyle Williams had death threats after he fumbled away the NFC Championship game vs the NYG, and Mitch Williams had death threats after he gave up the walkoff to Joe Carter...so it's not just hicks, but hippies and urban elite as well. No one has a patent on stupidity.
Sports fans are a reflection of the greater society and there are a lot of loose nuts out there. At least we don't have to deal with that crazy soccer hooliganism crap that goes down over in Europe. I know most of that is fan on fan stuff but some of those soccer and basketball games get nutty and they go after players, coaches and refs. I've seen fans just go after some guys.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #169
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Fans show up at Schaubs home - NFL security - HPD involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Now, for sure, I don't condone this behavior, and I feel somewhat like a bastard for suggesting a conspiracy theory. Apologies if it's not already mentioned in one of the already 5 pages on this thread. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a conspiracy theory...

Now that the story is out there getting public attention, the dumb perps have actually done nothing to further their cause. In fact, it's fair to say, the sympathy gained for Matt Schaub and his family HAS to carry over as a rallying cry from that of his team mates, coaching staff and fan base.

If it is a conspiracy, Gary K is more brilliant than we give him credit for!
Now I feel less of a bastard. Not being sure of who's actually behind it, certainly the media blew it up and made A-holes out of alot of sympathetic fans.

If anything, it does go to show what class a majority of the fanbase on this forum has.. While calling for someone's head for their on the field antics, yet seemingly having that same individual's back for their off the field plight(as led to believe).

Despite the worst some of us may think of Schaub the player in the NOW, Schaub the person is a stand up guy, nobody wants to see harmed.

Kudo's to all for having brass to call things for what they are on both sides of the fence. Fuels me to overlook some of the trivial BS I witness on this forum from time to time.
Old 10-10-2013   #170
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny how hard 610 is flailing about to protect their guy who put out this story that has pretty much been shot down. I start listening to them everyday at 7am and so I texted the morning show to ask if they addressed this yet and they texted back how their original story is still accurate.

They then just now at around 8:30 flailed some more about how HPD is trying to downplay the story never mind Schaub himself denying anyone accosting him or his family. So this story is still just crazy and I don't think anyone know WTF happened outside Schaub and his family but I know this, 610 was inaccurate and the harder the flail the more I believe it. Something is awfully wrong with this picture/story.

I hesitate to go full bore planted story to gain sympathy for Schaub but........

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #171
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
It's funny how hard 610 is flailing about to protect their guy who put out this story that has pretty much been shot down. I start listening to them everyday at 7am and so I texted the morning show to ask if they addressed this yet and they texted back how their original story is still accurate.

They then just now at around 8:30 flailed some more about how HPD is trying to downplay the story never mind Schaub himself denying anyone accosting him or his family. So this story is still just crazy and I don't think anyone know WTF happened outside Schaub and his family but I know this, 610 was inaccurate and the harder the flail the more I believe it. Something is awfully wrong with this picture/story.

I hesitate to go full bore planted story to gain sympathy for Schaub but........

OMG, there was a literal "Meltzdown" yesterday on 610 with the suggestion of it being a conspiracy. Lost a what little respect I had for the weasle.
Old 10-10-2013   #172
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't they catch the guy, and ask Matt to come down to the station and "pick" him out of a line-up of "six"?

kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #173
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
OMG, there was a literal "Meltzdown" yesterday on 610 with the suggestion of it being a conspiracy. Lost a what little respect I had for the weasle.
Yeah I heard him going off yesterday and then Seth Payne interrupted him and mentioned how HPD tweeted the story may not be what we thought and Meltser had to calm down a bit but still kept his position. But you could hear some of the air come out of him.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #174
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

I heard the same thing. Great job and keep up the pressure to expose these *******s and their agenda.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #175
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

And people scoffed at me yesterday when I even suggested this whole story was made up.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #176
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

After Schaub essentially saying what he said about the incident..............

Quote:
houston police ‏@houstonpolice 9 Oct
Schaub family has filed report with HPD regarding two separate trespassers. Investigation in earliest stages. No other info at this time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #177
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Drudge and Spin Doctors, oh my. All we need is for this story to show up on infowars. Has Alex Jones weighed in on this yet?
Yeah he said the pick 6's were an inside job.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read