Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #141
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fans show up at Schaubs home - NFL security - HPD involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
That's just really poor taste shown by 1 fan, not an indictment of the fan base.

Wishing injury upon players, showing up at the house, cheering an injury= all are grounds for losing your fan card.
This is why I don't bet on sports. I'm willing to bet (see what I did there?) that this is someone who is big into gambling on sports. Nine times out of 10, the really over-the-top, insane guys are the one's who have foolishly bet their mortgage payment on a game.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #142
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Unacceptable behavior. You don't like Schaub, boo him at the game. Schaub seems like a good guy with a nice family. Shame that his family had to go through this because it is frightening.
Old 10-09-2013   #143
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
It says ...Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

There's no room for misinterpretation (though our politicians seem to think there is) and implicitly says you can SAY what you want without fear of the government saying you can't. It doesn't limit it to speaking about this or that. It very simply says what it says. But, I digress. If you want to snap shots of me while in public and ridicule me...go for it.
Go ahead and try your free speech limits at the local airport. Just say one word, because, you know, it's free speech and all.

Try it and get back to us.

That word would be "bomb".

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Not true. We sold out every game when we were horrible for about 10 years. Bandwagon fans? New Orleans Saints. Any LA team. Houston fans are legit.
Yeah, all those consecutive sellouts at Reliant. So much to be proud of there.

Let's not mention personal seat licenses and corporate owned season tickets. That might undermine the bragging rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Too late, the first story is already out there. That will be all that counts.
Yep. The infamous Philly-fan-throwing-stuff-at-Santa is case in point. Regardless of what really happened, the public will always keep the urban legend alive to represent an entire fan base and city.
Old 10-09-2013   #144
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/st...50913870000128

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #145
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I knew the story was sensationalized and fabricated beyond belief. Wouldn't shock me if it was just a realtor, or somebody working for them, taking some photos of the neighborhood. I've seen them at work before and it's not uncommon. Who is the bonehead who jumped the gun and reported this story on sports radio yesterday?
Old 10-09-2013   #146
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I figured as much. This rings of the "angry mob burning Jacoby Jones' jersey in front of his house" story.

Funny how this thing turned into gospel overnight with zero evidence. Nothing to see here, just a spin machine at work.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #147
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, this story is going to stain Houston for awhile. I've already heard from two of my agents - one in Boston and another in Seattle - and they are giving me all kinds of grief as a Texans fan. Even after I sent them the updates on the 'story', they continue to have fun with it.

Freakin' 610. They already suck with Josh Innes, and now they pull this crap. Pathetic. Their only saving grace is Seth Payne, IMO.
Old 10-09-2013   #148
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Go ahead and try your free speech limits at the local airport. Just say one word, because, you know, it's free speech and all.

Try it and get back to us.

That word would be "bomb".

Good luck!

Lol. Yep. People like to trot out the free speech argument, but don't understand there are consequences to free speech.

As a black dude, you have the freedom to call me a racial slur. In response, I have the freedom to punch you in the mouth. And, a bonus: me punching you in the mouth would bring zero consequences, because the comment would be considered hate speech.

So, yeah, say what you want, but be prepared to deal with the fall out.
Old 10-09-2013   #149
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. Man kubiak is pulling out all the stops to try to get this team to rally behind schaub. Guess this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #150
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Man, this story is going to stain Houston for awhile. I've already heard from two of my agents - one in Boston and another in Seattle - and they are giving me all kinds of grief as a Texans fan. Even after I sent them the updates on the 'story', they continue to have fun with it.

Freakin' 610. They already suck with Josh Innes, and now they pull this crap. Pathetic. Their only saving grace is Seth Payne, IMO.
How is this going to stain Houston? Let's be real: if Schaub were playing on an East Coast team, this would have gotten a lot nastier a LONG time ago. No, I'm not saying it's ok to approach a players home; I'm saying that, if he were playing elsewhere, fans would have BURNED HIS HOUSE DOWN by now.

So, this story being false - or even true - doesn't reflect on Houston fans at all, in my opinion.
Old 10-09-2013   #151
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I believe this is a non story blown way out by local media.

I think it is a diversion by the franchise in all honesty
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #152
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
At this point I believe this is a non story blown way out by local media.

I think it is a diversion by the franchise in all honesty
Couldn't agree with you more. Don't I get some credit for calling this BS last night
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #153
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. Don't I get some credit for calling this BS last night
Look at it:

Last night: mod shows up, confronts Matt, takes pictures of his family and verbally assaults them

Today: One person, took some pictures and didn't say anything.

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #154
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its' only a game you don't mess with a man's family like that.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #155
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fans show up at Schaubs home - NFL security - HPD involved

In light of this afternoon's announcement that Schaub will be starting, is there ANY DOUBT whatsoever that the Texans floated this BS non-story to try to tame the legitimate and justified white-hot anger towards our lousy starting QB. Trying to build sympathy for the loser and shifting the focus from his poor play to he and his family being "victims" of mean old Texans fans.

It is classic media manipulation seen all the time in politics. *******s like Craig James (CJK5H - he who killed 5 hookers while at SMU) used the same filthy tactics to smear a good man and great coach in Mike Leach getting him fired from Tech.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #156
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 8152 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes the media reports the news.

Sometimes the media just blows smoke up people's bass just to stir the pot and enjoy the attention directed to them.
HouTx11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #157
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know why McClain is still running with this story?

Edit: Not that McClain has ever actually ran anywhere in his lifetime.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #158
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub threw out to the media that he was worried about fans coming to his house, and then the media took that and ran the other way for a score.
Old 10-09-2013   #159
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
This is just plain lame & stupid! Some people take sports too seriously.
If it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #160
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
trespassing, shoot him in the knee then go out and throw a big game people's head would explode lol.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/30.05.00.html

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.
The street and sidewalk are public domain
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read