Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2013   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rams @ Texans Transcripts

Glad to know that the press informed Kubes that Andre is go on Sunday.

Quote:
Head Coach Gary Kubiak
(opening statement) “(Tim) Dobbins didn’t practice. Andre (Johnson) did practice and Keshawn (Martin) did practice. I think Andre and Keshawn are probably game-time decisions, but they both did practice.”

(on WR Andre Johnson saying he’s going to play) “Did he? I like that. It must be game time.”
http://media.houstontexans.com/artic...rticle_id=1703

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rams @ Texans Transcripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Glad to know that the press informed Kubes that Andre is go on Sunday.

http://media.houstontexans.com/artic...rticle_id=1703
Glad to know that Andre made it through the rough walk-through today........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Head Coach Gary Kubiak: (on TE Owen Daniels being out and who will occupy the emergency QB spot on Sunday) “Shane Lechler or I might go in. How about that?”

Old 10-11-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Humor.... where'd that come from?
Old 10-11-2013   #5
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Humor.... where'd that come from?
Gotta laugh or cry I guess.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Interesting that we are ahead in just about every statistical category but the Rams lead in scoring and are within a one point differential in scoring defense. Andre and Hopkins have a combined 1 TD.

Old 10-11-2013   #7
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Its almost scary......... how good we look on paper.
Old 10-11-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've given up 126 rushing ypg? Wow. Wouldn't have thunk it. I know we've given up a few plays here & there, but wow.... 126 ypg??
Old 10-11-2013   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've given up 126 rushing ypg? Wow. Wouldn't have thunk it. I know we've given up a few plays here & there, but wow.... 126 ypg??
You haven't noticed how porous we've been up the middle? Still no one's asking where's the Fat Boy in the middle?.......a question I've been asking during the game threads.
Old 10-11-2013   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Misleading... Inflated by Russell Wilson... And the fact that we have been trailing in games all season.
Old 10-11-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Didn't really know where to put this, but here is something I didn't know.

Quote:
HOUSTON -- When the Texans drafted receiver DeAndre Hopkins, they did so without ever meeting with him. The St. Louis Rams, however, met with Hopkins twice shortly before the draft. He thought he would wind up there.

Instead, the Rams took Tavon Austin out of West Virginia.
link
Old 10-11-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Didn't really know where to put this, but here is something I didn't know.

link
I'm not one of the draftniks, I don't start paying attention to that stuff until draft time. But I'm sure Austin was the consensus #1 & most people had Patterson as the probable #2, however Hopkins was graded close enough that no one batted an eye when we took Hopkins with Corderelle still on the board.
Old 10-11-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why Gary? You want to be booed as coach and a QB?
Old 10-11-2013   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not one of the draftniks, I don't start paying attention to that stuff until draft time. But I'm sure Austin was the consensus #1 & most people had Patterson as the probable #2, however Hopkins was graded close enough that no one batted an eye when we took Hopkins with Corderelle still on the board.
As a draftnik, I was glad Austin was gone as I did not want him. I liked Patterson but Hopkins was the safe pick. One of things I like about following college players early is it provides some ownership of your final mock choices. Also you have your own opinion of what you have watched players do rather than just accepting opinions of others. I have increased interaction with others who watch college football. For example today a neighbor & I were discussing Alabama, LSU, OK, Texas, Old Miss and Okla St and another neighbor said he preferred only NFL. By end of conversation, Steve said he would start watching some college. We are now planning a shrimp fry for Nov 9th to watch games as a group.
Old 10-11-2013   #15
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

On paper the stat that tells the story where we are is -13 or whatever the turnover ratio is at this point.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 268618 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
On paper the stat that tells the story where we are is -13 or whatever the turnover ratio is at this point.
We are at -8.
Old 10-11-2013   #17
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We are at -8.
Thanks I knew it was bad but wasn't sure of the exact number.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Thanks I knew it was bad but wasn't sure of the exact number.
The truth is out there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read