Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Boycott?

kingtexan

All Pro
What if Gary names Matt the starter for this Sunday ... would it send a message to McNair if everyone just decided not to go to the game? Yes, I understand some people have spent a lot of money and have been waiting for a chance to go to the game live. But what power do we as fans have other than numbers we generate? Without fans, there are no professional sports. Therefore without us, there is no Houston Texans. McNair needs to understand something that Bud never did. We appreciate that we have professional football in Houston, but we as fans have the right to support the team, or walk away if things are being mismanaged. Somehow, someway, we should make it known that we don't just expect a team in Houston ... we expect a winner. I don't follow this team and buy tickets and gear to help inflate McNairs bank account, I want to be proud of the team that bears the name of the city and state I was born in. Time for the owner to give us something to be proud of. Time for Bob McNair to insist on putting the best product on the field, and that equation does include Matt Schaub.

I don't see a boycott as a way to fix this, besides McNair is more astute than you may be giving him credit for.

Not saying it would fix anything, just send a message.

Let our voices be heard in a way that couldn't be denied.

Sigh. This is what happens to a fan base/city that has seen 40+ years of futility I guess.

To each their own, and each fan has a right to do with whatever they want with their tickets. But it just seems around here that everyone thinks we have the next Tom Brady or Kaepernick just sitting around on our bench ready to go.

Who knows, maybe Yates or Keenum can lead us to the promise land and would give us a better chance to win in the long run, and I wish I thought that were the case. And I totally understand that there is only one way to find out, and maybe a benching is just what Schaub needs.

But a "boycott" started as a thought on a message board aint gonna accomplish much of anything in the grand scheme of things.

Sigh. This is what happens to a fan base/city that has seen 40+ years of futility I guess.

To each their own, and each fan has a right to do with whatever they want with their tickets. But it just seems around here that everyone thinks we have the next Tom Brady or Kaepernick just sitting around on our bench ready to go.

Who knows, maybe Yates or Keenum can lead us to the promise land and would give us a better chance to win in the long run, and I wish I thought that were the case. And I totally understand that there is only one way to find out, and maybe a benching is just what Schaub needs.

I think a lot of people misinterpret why a lot of fans want to see Yates or Keenum at QB. I don't think the majority of us think Yates or Keenum will lead the Texans to the promised land. It's more about being frustrated at the blind loyalty of Kubiak and we have now seen Schaub $hit his pants one too many times.

Also, how do we know IF Yates or Keenum have anything of value if they don't get a shot? People act like NO back ups have ever become successful starters which is exactly what Schaub was. A backup before getting a shot and actually being good until the end of last year.

As for the boycott, it won't happen and I would still go to the game if I had tickets.

What if Gary names Matt the starter for this Sunday ... would it send a message to McNair if everyone just decided not to go to the game? Yes, I understand some people have spent a lot of money and have been waiting for a chance to go to the game live. But what power do we as fans have other than numbers we generate? Without fans, there are no professional sports. Therefore without us, there is no Houston Texans. McNair needs to understand something that Bud never did. We appreciate that we have professional football in Houston, but we as fans have the right to support the team, or walk away if things are being mismanaged. Somehow, someway, we should make it known that we don't just expect a team in Houston ... we expect a winner. I don't follow this team and buy tickets and gear to help inflate McNairs bank account, I want to be proud of the team that bears the name of the city and state I was born in. Time for the owner to give us something to be proud of. Time for Bob McNair to insist on putting the best product on the field, and that equation does include Matt Schaub.

I think this is a good idea - you should do it.

Don't talk about it. Do it. I haven't bought game tickets, concessions, or Texans gear (with the exception of a couple of jerseys for my kids last Christmas*) since Kubiak was extended. Does my action make any difference to Texans Inc.? Not in the least; they could not care less about the loss of my business. However, I don't feel hypocritical about my complaining about the team, and there are many other uses for my entertainment dollar.

*kids can trump just about everything

I think this is a good idea - you should do it.

I actually gave up my seats after last year because of our insistence on keeping Matt. Unlike most on this board who have been riding Matts jock all these years, and are just now voicing their displeasure with him because it is the popular thing to do, I always saw what he really was. Never liked the trade that we made to get him, and always knew he was an immobile, inaccurate, weak armed back-up. So to your point ... I did ... a year ago.

Not necessary. McNair would have to be one of the biggest idiots and completely ignorant to not know the fanbase's feeling currently. And quite honestly, he's none of those things. He knows the feelings and the waves being cause right now. No one is oblivious to it. It's in the local media and national media. They spoke about it on the Daniel Manning show and so forth. So boycotting to make a point already established is not worth it. I rather we still support our team despite our frustrations and cheer them on. There are more players on the team than just Schaub and they do deserve us having their back.

McNair's no idiot. After the horrid years of HWSNBN there has been a plan, a long term plan, in place to build this team into superbowl contenders. This plan failed in one place - QB. It dragged on for more years than it should have and the years prime years of MS did not coincide with the prime years of our defense. As a result we are in a situation opposite to 2010 where the defense is being let down by a horrid offense, whose failures I believe can be attributed more to the mental collapse of Matt Schaub than Kubiak, though I do blame Kubiak for his unrelenting loyalty to Schaub. There was no lisfranc in the plan, and no mental collapse on the part of Matt Schaub in it either.

This year is damage control. After this we are going to spend 1-2 years in rebuild mode, imo, and when our rookie QB from next year's draft finally gets his feet on the ground, gets some experience, and starts playing well, we will reopen the contender window.

I believe in Rick Smith. I don't necessarily believe in Kubiak, but I do believe in this front office. You bet your ass Rick Smith is going to make the moves this team needs.

If McNair listened to fans, we'd be griping right now about how far the VY pick set this franchise back.

Do you listen to sports talk radio? You really want those callers to have an influence on the roster and game plans?? Most of them are complete dolts.

No thank you. I'll take my chances with the pros.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm less offended in having Schaub under center than the rules of which the defense has to operate under in which they can tackle him.

As far as a Boycott goes, I don't think I(Joe Schmo) have any influence on Bob's intent to run his team as he see's fit. If I were the owner, I'd care less about Joe Schmo, although I'd never publicly admit it.

I do believe this... If there was a list of people out there that care more about the Texans winning, Bob McNair undoubtedly HAS to be on that list. I can't see it any other way.

The second he goes all Jerry Jones on us and forces Kubiak to bench Schaub in favor of... we have bigger problems than Schaub.

I am POSITIVE Kubiak is well aware that the Schaub issue is the hottest topic in town. It's the things you or I DON'T see or are not savvy enough as an NFL coach to understand that contribute to the potential of Schaub remaining under center today.

I think this forum is a fine medium to which we can voice our complaints to anyone who cares. I sure throw my voice around here, versus to my wife who could care less. But we as fans have no voice. Consumers in the collective whole may, but that ship don't float. No way Texans gear, tickets, etc won't continue to sell.

Enjoy the game for what it's worth. Come here when ever you feel like sharing an opinion.

FWIW, I wonder if the Vandermeer's(local), the Mike n Mike's(national), or even actual PR staff from the Texans ever frequent these boards?

I'm in.

I won't attend any Texans games this year.

Then again, I do live thousands of miles and three flights away......

If McNair listened to fans, we'd be griping right now about how far the VY pick set this franchise back.

Do you listen to sports talk radio? You really want those callers to have an influence on the roster and game plans?? Most of them are complete dolts.

This. THIS! Thank you DB!!! I can't listen to that nonsense on the radio anymore, and this place is getting just as bad.

If you want to *****, then *****. But leave it at that.

This!^^^

Most fans don't know what they're talking about, including myself.

I think they screen the calls to get the stupidest fans they can.

Spot on DB.

Im still going to the game this Sunday, but instead of two beers at $9 per, Im only going to buy 1. Take that McNair!

So much sense in this post...

...that it will be completely ignored by the majority on TT.

MSR

I'm positive the discontent of the fans is well observed by the Texans organization. What they do about it will be the thing.

2 years would mean no Andre, no Foster, no Daniels most likely, no Wade Phillips, etc. etc.

That is not acceptable.

While Andre is irreplaceable, Foster has not been spectacular as of late and OD is replaceable.

A good QB would win games on his own. Andre's great, but when was the last time he really and truly put this team on his back for a win? The Jags game last year?

Teams lose talent every year. If we can't rebuild, we're not worthy of being a good team.

McNair's no idiot. After the horrid years of HWSNBN there has been a plan, a long term plan, in place to build this team into superbowl contenders. This plan failed in one place - QB. It dragged on for more years than it should have and the years prime years of MS did not coincide with the prime years of our defense.

..... or the prime years of the rest of the team.

The running game better than good enough.

The receiving weapons are # one or two in the league (including TE's & RB's - debatable who's the best between the Texans & Bronco's)

The scheme isn't the problem - they have outgained their opponents 1954-1301.

The issue is turnovers - most specifically at QB where Schaub is responsible for 9 turnovers resulting in 41 points for opposing teams. (Tate has two fumbles resulting in 10? ((or is it 14)) points).. They have a turnover margin of -8 ..... that's no way to win in this league.

That defense is top notch allowing a league low 260.2ypg .... and If you strip away the points given up by turnovers & notsospecial teams , they allow ~16ppg .... which would be good for #6 in the NFL.

Two weak links - Joe Marciano & Matt Statue of a QB Scrub.

You know what else will show them? Not posting on Texans boards.

They'll be like wuuuuut. And you'll be like mhmmm.

It's a win win for everybody.

:spit: So true!!!

Do you listen to sports talk radio? You really want those caller to have an influence on the roster and game plans?? Most of them are complete dolts.

I wish I had a nickel for everyone of those "brilliant callers" calling from their desks at jobs that they are, or may not be qualified to do and yet somehow hold no positions within the NFL.

At the game... "...and now... introducing YOUR Texans offense....."

#23.... Arian.... FOSTERRRRRRRRRR (crowd yells)
#10.... DeAndre.... HOOOOPKIIIIIINNNNNSSS (crowd yells)
#80.... Aaaaaandre...... JOHHHHNNNNNSOONNNNNNN (crowd yells)
#8.... Maaaaattt....... (crickets... a baby cries in the background)

:kubepalm:

How about no? Im not about to not go to my 1st regular season game...
Ive been waiting on this for ages.

I've spent thousands of dollars on the NFL in my lifetime. I don't tend to whine when things don't go my way....not my style.

well you are a member of a sports message board.

You cant be a member of a sports message board and say whining is not my style.

Its an impossibility.

You should do that ...

I'm not the one with a ridiculous idea. You think because you buy merchandise or attend games that you have a say in anything? There's a 1000 people that will buy your seats up and happily pick up merchandise.

Don't like it? LEAVE.
No on is forcing you to watch. LEAVE.

Instead we get to endure a dumb thread like this. Hell I'm boycotting reading anything you post. That's my stand.

At the game... "...and now... introducing YOUR Texans offense....."

#23.... Arian.... FOSTERRRRRRRRRR (crowd yells)
#10.... DeAndre.... HOOOOPKIIIIIINNNNNSSS (crowd yells)
#80.... Aaaaaandre...... JOHHHHNNNNNSOONNNNNNN (crowd yells)
#8.... Maaaaattt....... (booing and batteries thrown)

:kubepalm:

Fixed it for ya ;)

Surely if Schaub is starting they introduce the defense over the PA and not the offense right?

Hey if anyone is giving up their tickets due to boycotting please PM me. I'll gladly take it off your hands and boo Matt Schaub in person!

The way I have shown my displeasure with the Texans in the past and the way I have continued to voice my opinion is through LOUD, VIGOROUS BOOING and invective hurled against Kubiak and Schaub (usually calling for their dismissal). I am smart and classy enough not to resort to cursing. No way will I get tossed from the stadium for inappropriate fan behavior. I am in the field box level behind the Texans bench, I know for a fact they can hear me.

The gentleman who burned the Matt Schaub jersey on YouTube had a lot of style and panache in expressing his anger. I will be bringing my Schaub jersey along with lighter fluid and a lighter. I would love to see a huge stack of Schaub jerseys burned in the Blue Lot of Reliant Stadium. If its just my jersey in flames, so be it, I don't need that loser's jersey defiling my closet any longer. BURN BABY BURN!!!

This is one of the beautiful things about sports as a business. When the team loses, people stop showing up. Campaigning for a boycott isn't necessary; it's baked into the model.

Back