Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-09-2013   #21
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Sky is Falling Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Since the sky is falling, the Texans will move up by trading away all of their picks so that they end up with a single number one pick.
At the moment, they have the 5th pick; they can move up to the #1 spot by giving up the rest.

With the number one overall pick, the Texans select...

Derek Carr!

That's not even funny!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #22
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 63318 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since the sky is falling, the Texans will move up by trading away all of their picks so that they end up with a single number one pick.
At the moment, they have the 5th pick; they can move up to the #1 spot by giving up the rest.

With the number one overall pick, the Texans select...

Derek Carr!
Draft Carr, give him #8 and my Carr Jersey is relevant again!!!!
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #23
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Draft Carr, give him #8 and my Carr Jersey is relevant again!!!!
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Everything Wolf stated a couple of posts ago.

Plus I dont like his funky release or arm strength.

There are just better QB's in this draft. IMHO

On a side note what's your opinion of Jacob Coker in the spring game?
Coker is a better runner than passer right now. I really haven't seen enough to form any kind of opinion on him. He'll probably transfer considering Winston is playing like a complete baller.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #25
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yates has pretty much shown that he's got "career backup" written all over him, Keenum is an unknown. However if you think the QB class is good this year (I do, well at least until we see who stays in school and who goes in the draft) then you really don't owe Keenum anything if you think the franchise could be sitting there in the first round. Besides that, if the season goes horribly enough you'll probably see what Keenum has in regular season games.

Again, this entirely depends on your projections for the QB's in the upcoming draft. If you don't like em, then sure, go ahead and trot out TJ Yates or Case Keenum for the 2014 season if Schaub is released.
is it out of this world if we draft a QB in the 1st then say during training camp that the number 1 pick plus yates and keenum are all involved in a position battle and whoever comes out on top is the starting QB
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #26
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Again, this entirely depends on your projections for the QB's in the upcoming draft. If you don't like em, then sure, go ahead and trot out TJ Yates or Case Keenum for the 2014 season if Schaub is released.
I don't know how one could look at this QB class and not like a couple of them.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #27
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I don't know how one could look at this QB class and not like a couple of them.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2014/QB

The QBS I'd take .

Teddy Bridgewater QB 1 Louisville Jr 6-3 205 1

5 Marcus Mariota QB 2 Oregon rSo 6-4 212 1

6 Brett Hundley QB 3 UCLA rSo 6-3 222 1

9 Tajh Boyd QB 4 Clemson rSr 6-1 225 1

11 Johnny Manziel QB 5 Texas A&M rSo 5-11 210 1

66 Aaron Murray QB 8 Georgia rSr 6-1 208 2-3

74 Stephen Morris QB 9 Miami (Fla.) Sr 6-2 218 2-3

IMO ... with all the rule changes for concusions and such , air travel is the way to go . It would help to have a guy that can get 6yds with a run on a 3rd and 5 . Kubiak's offense is a dinosaur .
Old 10-10-2013   #28
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What?
Old 10-10-2013   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Hogan comes out, he will be my #1 QB.

Smart, athletic, strong arm and moves well.

I would love to see this be the future of org. Oliver Luck/Shaw/Hogan
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #30
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
What?
Huh ?
Old 10-10-2013   #31
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Huh ?
Ah, I posted before you wrote the QBs you were interested in.
Old 10-10-2013   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2014/QB

The QBS I'd take .

Teddy Bridgewater QB 1 Louisville Jr 6-3 205 1

5 Marcus Mariota QB 2 Oregon rSo 6-4 212 1

6 Brett Hundley QB 3 UCLA rSo 6-3 222 1

9 Tajh Boyd QB 4 Clemson rSr 6-1 225 1

11 Johnny Manziel QB 5 Texas A&M rSo 5-11 210 1

66 Aaron Murray QB 8 Georgia rSr 6-1 208 2-3

74 Stephen Morris QB 9 Miami (Fla.) Sr 6-2 218 2-3

IMO ... with all the rule changes for concusions and such , air travel is the way to go . It would help to have a guy that can get 6yds with a run on a 3rd and 5 . Kubiak's offense is a dinosaur .
I don't like Mariota or Morris ....

Mariota's completion percentage (56.7%) leaves a lot to be desired - A full 10points lower than any of the others listed.

Morris .... I cant nail it down but something about him bothers me. I'd rather have McCarron than him , and he's way down my list.

As for the offense being a dinosaur , no its not. Its the fact that the QB is absolutely no threat to run that makes it appear so. Put a guy who is at least a threat to move the sticks with his legs on those bootlegs and it changes the dynamics of the entire offense and how teams are forced to defend it.

Bridgewater would be the obvious top choice for me .... But I'd be happy / satisfied with Boyd or Manziel as the #1 spot is probably just too expensive to acquire.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I don't like Mariota or Morris ....

Mariota's completion percentage (56.7%) leaves a lot to be desired - A full 10points lower than any of the others listed.

Morris .... I cant nail it down but something about him bothers me. I'd rather have McCarron than him , and he's way down my list.

As for the offense being a dinosaur , no its not. Its the fact that the QB is absolutely no threat to run that makes it appear so. Put a guy who is at least a threat to move the sticks with his legs on those bootlegs and it changes the dynamics of the entire offense and how teams are forced to defend it.

Bridgewater would be the obvious top choice for me .... But I'd be happy / satisfied with Boyd or Manziel as the #1 spot is probably just too expensive to acquire.
I've watched Murray the most and think if he was 3 inches taller he'd be right there with Teddy .
Old 10-10-2013   #34
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

With the number one overall pick, the Texans select..

Derek Carr!

Old 10-10-2013   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've watched Murray the most and think if he was 3 inches taller he'd be right there with Teddy .
I like Murray a lot .... dude isn't flashy but he wins football games. That game against Clemson in the opening week of the season was one hell of a game for both he & Boyd.

There is a wealth of talent at the position in this draft , I just hope they get it right and the position is settled for the next decade.

Hell even the guy's I don't like have a whole lot of upside. (especially compared to a noodle armed statue)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #36
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Hogan comes out, he will be my #1 QB.

Smart, athletic, strong arm and moves well.

I would love to see this be the future of org. Oliver Luck/Shaw/Hogan
I really, really like Hogan as well. However, I'm 99% positive that he's not coming out this year.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yates has pretty much shown that he's got "career backup" written all over him, Keenum is an unknown. However if you think the QB class is good this year (I do, well at least until we see who stays in school and who goes in the draft) then you really don't owe Keenum anything if you think the franchise could be sitting there in the first round. Besides that, if the season goes horribly enough you'll probably see what Keenum has in regular season games.

At the moment I have a slightly different take than you as I have watched Keenum for several college years and compare him favorably to all 2014 QBs. Add in that he will have two years NFL seasoning and hopefully some actual game experience to evaluate, I at this moment rate him + a #1 pick at another position over selecting a QB. In my perfect world of optimism, I trade MS + Tate for Browns WR Josh Gordon (despite team saying not up for trade) and their own third round. That leaves them two firsts, a second and another third from Steelers. Just to clarify, Gordon at Baylor had issues with marijuana but the 2013 suspension for first two games was due to taking cough syrup with codeine in it for a strep throat in February. Link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...pended-2-games

A change of scenary for MS could revive his career and Tate is a tantalizing morsel for a RB starved Cleveland team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read