Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shanahan benching RG3 to start Kirk Cousins

Shanahan expected to bench RG3, start Cousins
Quote:
Mike Shanahan is expected to name Kirk Cousins as the Redskins' starting quarterback for this Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, Comcast SportsNet's Tarik El-Bashir has confirmed with a team source...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shanahan benching RG3 to start Kirk Cousins

I think Dan Snyder will permanently bench Mike Shanahan in about 3 weeks.
Old 12-11-2013   #3
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Washington gave up more picks for their back-up QB than we did!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think Dan Snyder will permanently bench Mike Shanahan in about 3 weeks.
I'd bench RG3, too... even though it requires me to pick up another fantasy football QB. He's been off & on awful this year; sailing/diving passes, unnecessarily rushed reads, even inconsistent drops. His fundamentals are freelanced.

As far as Snyder, I'd throw gobs of money at Kubiak to come fix RG3. I don't think Gary would be dumb enough to go to work for Snyder, but...
Old 12-11-2013   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

So Shanny trying to get fired. Must have seen how well it worked for Kubiak.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shanahan is intentionally trying to get fired but he wants that $7 million next year. I think he's acting like a baby. However, this is all Dan Snyder's fault. The second he empowered his QB over the head coach this team was doomed.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Shanahan destroyed RG3's career with rushing him back last year with a BARELY RECONSTRUCTED KNEE. The kid should have been allowed to recover, but that damned ShanaKubiak...
Old 12-11-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Shanahan is intentionally trying to get fired but he wants that $7 million next year...
My question is, who's gonna hire him? I think he's done after this in the NFL...?
Old 12-11-2013   #9
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Shanahan:RG3 as Fisher:VY?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #10
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Shanahan = Kubiak is more like it.
Old 12-11-2013   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Shanahan = Kubiak is more like it.
I'm not seeing either analogy wrt this situation.
Old 12-11-2013   #12
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Shanahan destroyed RG3's career with rushing him back last year with a BARELY RECONSTRUCTED KNEE. The kid should have been allowed to recover, but that damned ShanaKubiak...
I believe this too. IMO Snyder is beyond furious over this, and Shanahan is coming across as a guy that knows he is being constructively dismissed, and making sure he gets his severance.

In the process, they may have destroyed a very promising career.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Couldn't be more different. Griffin never did to his coaches what VY did to his. And Shanahan trusted and liked his QB a ton more than fish like VY.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

That organization's a mess. I kinda feel for the rest of the players. Sitting your best player for "safety" reasons, yet the rest of the team has to play on like all is hunky dory.

I know McNair ain't perfect, but I'm dang sure happy to have him running this organization over a lot of the other asshats for owners
Old 12-11-2013   #15
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

So, if Cousins plays great, they are probably gonna trade one QB - would you be willing to trade for one? (our first pick for RG3 - or two 2nds for Cousins)?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
So, if Cousins plays great, they are probably gonna trade one QB - would you be willing to trade for one? (our first pick for RG3 - or two 2nds for Cousins)?
No way I'd trade either one of those QBs if I'm Washington. Not yet. Need to see if RG3 can recover through offseason and getting OTAs/minicamp/training camp.

Plus looking like you'll have a new coach coming in -- let him decide.
Old 12-11-2013   #17
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm not seeing either analogy wrt this situation.
Dan Snyder loves RG3. Snyder wants RG3 to start, but Shanahan still insists on starting Cousins, which would probably cost Shanahan his job. Don't see something similar? Stubborn to a fault, just like Kubiak.
Old 12-11-2013   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Dan Snyder loves RG3. Snyder wants RG3 to start, but Shanahan still insists on starting Cousins, which would probably cost Shanahan his job. Don't see something similar? Stubborn to a fault, just like Kubiak.
Shanahan got fired from Denver because the Owner told him to fire & replace his DC and Shanahan refused.

Stubborn? A bit.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the PC at lunch and must say I'm pretty impressed with Cousins. I'm not sure he'll ever be an NFL starter, but he answered every question the heads shot at him like a champ.
Old 12-11-2013   #20
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I saw the PC at lunch and must say I'm pretty impressed with Cousins. I'm not sure he'll ever be an NFL starter, but he answered every question the heads shot at him like a champ.

Shanahan is trying his best to get fired he finally realized what a circus the organization is, but he is the cause of some of that too.

To all those wanting him to be our next coach I hope this shows you he is just an older version of Kubiak.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read