Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #181
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
if kubiak is going to call plays that are short and mid passes, I don't think case will have a huge problem sticking with this game plan.
Kubiak literally turned Matt Schaub into David Carr in the first half. Lots of completions, very little challenge to any of it, no results to speak of.

Hell, we could have kept the old #8 and done this.
Old 10-13-2013   #182
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Seen many manning 3 step drops where he looks off coverage, same with rogers
Lol, manning is probably the most NOTORIOUS for staring down his WR's on 3 step drop passes....see the AFC championship game from 07 when samuels pick 6'ed him....hell, see the SB when tracy porter picked him...that wasnt a 3 step drop i believe, but illustrates what im talking about when db's sit on stuff.

And like i said, other qb's can get away with it largely b/c they make them pay by going over the top..schaubiak don't do that.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #183
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Its a 3 step drop.......those 8 out of 10 times are 1 read plays....if its there fire it in there....if not you have no choice but to throw it away b/c there's no time to go anywhere else. as a qb, If you try to look off the defense in those situations, you run the risk of just making blind throws....not good.
Well here is the thing...just throwing it away would have made us 3-3 right now at the very least. Had Matt just threw that one away in the Seattle game I am confident we get out of there with a win.

I think we are making too many excuses for TERRIBLE QB play. I'm sure Kubiak had it designed on Graham getting the TD there but I think Kubiak knows that if it's not there then the QB has to make the decision on himself. The QB HAS to make a play for himself.

Our QBs do not do this. They do not scramble out of the pocket to make a play, pump fake a defender, look off a defender, generally just make the play that isn't there on occasion.

Basically everything has to go right for our 1st and 2nd string QB to succeed. Maybe Keenum would fail too, but we don't know.

We have no idea of knowing if he stares down Graham the entire way before throwing it...or he just throws it away...or heck tries to run it in himself.
Old 10-13-2013   #184
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Well here is the thing...just throwing it away would have made us 3-3 right now at the very least. Had Matt just threw that one away in the Seattle game I am confident we get out of there with a win.

I think we are making too many excuses for TERRIBLE QB play. I'm sure Kubiak had it designed on Graham getting the TD there but I think Kubiak knows that if it's not there then the QB has to make the decision on himself. The QB HAS to make a play for himself.

Our QBs do not do this. They do not scramble out of the pocket to make a play, pump fake a defender, look off a defender, generally just make the play that isn't there on occasion.

Basically everything has to go right for our 1st and 2nd string QB to succeed. Maybe Keenum would fail too, but we don't know.

We have no idea of knowing if he stares down Graham the entire way before throwing it...or he just throws it away...or heck tries to run it in himself.
Gee, it's a good thing Kubiak is the world's greatest QB coach or our QBs would really suck.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #185
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

Not making excuses for the qb play...its been bad. But lets be real here. In kubiak's system we've seen:

Carr
Rosenfels
Lienart
Schaub
Yates

That's 5 different qb's. We didn't see much of Carr and Lienart but i think we've seen enough from the other 3. For the most, they all have looked about the same. At what point do you start to think that just maybe the qbs play just how they're being coached to play in this system and that bringing in another qb might likely yield the same results as the 5 before him?
Old 10-13-2013   #186
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not making excuses for the qb play...its been bad. But lets be real here. In kubiak's system we've seen:

Carr
Rosenfels
Lienart
Schaub
Yates

That's 5 different qb's. We didn't see much of Carr and Lienart but i think we've seen enough from the other 3. For the most, they all have looked about the same. At what point do you start to think that just maybe the qbs play just how they're being coached to play in this system and that bringing in another qb might likely yield the same results as the 5 before him?
Well those other guys were already failed QBs before Kubiak touched them.

Schaub at one point was at least a top 10 QB, we've seen him had tremendous success with Kubiak. So I don't think it is all on Kubiak, these recent INTs have been really really really bad decisions by the QB.

Watching Wilson now...I don't think he'd make those same decisions. He's just tuck it and run right? Manning would just pump fake his guy or go through his progressions right? Rogers would run it or go through his progressions...

Schaub and Yates just tries to force it,even when it is clearly not there.

I'm not absolving Kubiak, he picked these guys and that's on him. But they are making poor decisions that makes Kubiak offense look worse than it usually is.
Old 10-13-2013   #187
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At what point do you start to think that just maybe the qbs play just how they're being coached to play in this system and that bringing in another qb might likely yield the same results as the 5 before him?
If you're implying that the Texans should be looking for another coach, that coach will want to bring in his own QB.
Old 10-13-2013   #188
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If you're implying that the Texans should be looking for another coach, that coach will want to bring in his own QB.
This is ultimately what needs to happen for there to be any real change. You need a new coach with a new philosophy who will ultimately bring his own guy in.

I don't trust kubiak to get this team turned around
I dont believe kubiak will change his tendencies

& i definitely dont want him to have anything to do with bringing in the next qb of this team
Old 10-13-2013   #189
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is ultimately what needs to happen for there to be any real change. You need a new coach with a new philosophy who will ultimately bring his own guy in.

& i definitely dont want him to have anything to do with bringing in the next qb of this team
Can't really argue with any of that.
Old 10-13-2013   #190
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have said over the past few years that I never believed Kubiak was going to be the guy who leads us to the Super Bowl. He's a guy who righted the ship and I'm thankful for that. But he's overstayed his welcome and I blame McNair for that. It's time to cut ties with Kubiak as soon as possible and go after someone who's a leader of men. Some of these players need to go too. The problem with Kubiak's system is that it makes average players look good and doesn't allow for talent to flourish. A prime example of each scenario is Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson. Schaub is an above average QB, but he had a couple of years where he was comparable to the likes of Brees, Manning, Rodgers, and Brady. But I don't think he would've put up the kind of numbers he did if he was somewhere else. On the other hand you have AJ who imo is misused in this offense. It's embarrassing that he has no TD receptions this year and has not scored a lot in his career. We have to get someone in here who will lead first and foremost, adapt to the new NFL, and let talent flourish.
Old 10-13-2013   #191
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I have said over the past few years that I never believed Kubiak was going to be the guy who leads us to the Super Bowl. He's a guy who righted the ship and I'm thankful for that. But he's overstayed his welcome and I blame McNair for that. It's time to cut ties with Kubiak as soon as possible and go after someone who's a leader of men. Some of these players need to go too. The problem with Kubiak's system is that it makes average players look good and doesn't allow for talent to flourish. A prime example of each scenario is Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson. Schaub is an above average QB, but he had a couple of years where he was comparable to the likes of Brees, Manning, Rodgers, and Brady. But I don't think he would've put up the kind of numbers he did if he was somewhere else. On the other hand you have AJ who imo is misused in this offense. It's embarrassing that he has no TD receptions this year and has not scored a lot in his career. We have to get someone in here who will lead first and foremost, adapt to the new NFL, and let talent flourish.

Exactly...nice posts...bring in Keenum, he's moldable - but I do hate to see Kubes doing the molding.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #192
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know if Kubiak is going to activate Keenum next week. If anything, he'll increase Tj's snaps with the 1s.

But what I want to know is where was Ben Tate? Arian practically gift wrapped a TD for him & he didn't deliver. Did he even get 5 yards today?
Old 10-13-2013   #193
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know if Kubiak is going to activate Keenum next week. If anything, he'll increase Tj's snaps with the 1s.

But what I want to know is where was Ben Tate? Arian practically gift wrapped a TD for him & he didn't deliver. Did he even get 5 yards today?
Tate scored the only TD we had today.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #194
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67472 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

If Schaub is going to be out with an injury for the next game, he'll have to activate Keenum. No way you go into a game with only one QB able to play.
Old 10-15-2013   #195
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
What if Case comes in and lights it up? Why would you draft a QB in the first round then? You're assuming he'll come in and not play well. That's why you have to see what he has when games actually mean something. Playing him when the Texans are out of contention to me isn't a true evaluation.
if he does what kaep did then I agree with you

but if he looks like he could be a new kind of schaub (different style but same reliability) then I think drafting a QB could help.

We won't be high enough in the first round tho, and I don't think they like to trade up
Old 10-17-2013   #196
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Need me to start any other threads?
Old 10-19-2013   #197
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I said he isn't a starter in the league and I still believe that.
weather you think he is a starter in the league or not, case will get his chance.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read