Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-10-2013   #21
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tim Tebow

Buttfumble or not, at least Sanchez would be a good backup QB that could win a game or two for you if he had to.

Can't say that for Tebow
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can not believe, that as a fan base, we have regressed so far we'd mention Tebow in anything other than as a joke.

Seriously. Tebow? No ****ing way. I'm sorry, but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd keep Schabie boy over Tebow any day of the week.
I dunno .... Tebow took a team , built much like this one (solid defense & running game) to a playoff win. I don't see Schaub doing that barring a miraculous turnaround.

No ... nevermind.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #23
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dunno .... Tebow took a team , built much like this one (solid defense & running game) to a playoff win. I don't see Schaub doing that barring a miraculous turnaround.

No ... nevermind.
My thoughts exactly. Right now, all that the other team has to do is put pressure on Schaub and force him out of his comfort zone. He then folds like a deck of cards. He can't run, so he throws interceptions or errant passes that puts our recievers health at risk.

I'm not saying that Tebow is the Messiah. I'm just saying that he can pull the ball in and run for huge yards. The threat would open up the passing game. I just feel that he could do a better job than Schaub. Y'all saw what a mobile quarter back can do in the Seattle game.

I don't want an RGIII or VY or a Vick. But, a Kaepernick (Spelling error I'm sure) brings another demension to the game. Schaub does a pretty good job when he has the time. Press him and he falls apart.
Old 10-11-2013   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We are not going to win a SB with Schaub. This teams needs a QB, because there is enough talent in other spots to win. We don't know if either Yates or Keenum is the answer. Bringing in a new QB at this point in the season means giving up this season. So, we have Schaub, Yates and Keenum.

Bringing in a new QB right now they'll take a few weeks to learn the system and by that time we may have lost enough games to take us out of the playoff hunt. If we are only talking about this season, and not next season, then we have to go with what we have.

For next season though it's obvious someone other than Schaub is the answer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57304 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dunno .... Tebow took a team , built much like this one (solid defense & running game) to a playoff win..
So did Matt Schaub.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can not believe, that as a fan base, we have regressed so far we'd mention Tebow in anything other than as a joke.

Seriously. Tebow? No ****ing way. I'm sorry, but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd keep Schabie boy over Tebow any day of the week.
Just like political parties, every base has it's nutjobs and idiots.
Old 10-12-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I may be wrong on the particular names, but I think it's interesting the QB names that have been brought up, but shot down by the ABS group. Cassell, Palmer, Sanchez, & before this season I'm sure I remember Cutler & Rivers being shot down as well.

Schaub is far from a "great" QB, but the main things missing have been the clutch gene & the killer instinct. So we get Arian Foster.

Granted that plan hasn't been working very well to date. Still... let's start Keenum.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read