Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2013   #21
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess Kubiak's speech

Kubiak: I can't take this crap anymore. These plays worked so well 20 years when John was QB and I was a benchwarmer who never saw the field. I just don't see what's wrong. I think our defense is scaring our offense. They see Watt bleeding and Cush screaming and they get rattled. I sure miss Denver. You know marijuana is legal there now? Man I wish I was still in a Denver. It gets really cold in Denver, not all hit and humid like here in Houston. You guys remember when I was a starting QB at St. Pius? Man I was good back then. I think we can all pull together this week at practice and fix these problems. I've got to call a better game, but man Wade needs to get that defense to step up. And on special teams Coach Joe is such a trooper, I mean he has stayed here so long with us when he could have easily given up. He coaches those guys so well but they just can't make plays. I think maybe this week we need to have a coaches only meeting, maybe get everyone fired up. Cuz, you know, it's on me to call the right plays, because I don't let my offensive coordinator call plays. But if I don't start calling the right plays I may have to fire him to wake everyone up around here.... Thats all for tonight, gotta long flight home and can't wait to see all those fans out on Kirby waiting to welcome us home....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #22
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Will anybody in the media ask Kubiak the simple question:

"Man, you keep saying you didn't put the guy in the position to succeed.
Why?
How many years of coaching do you have?
Haven't you learned anything?"

Just stupid!
fn lol.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #23
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
"No... I don't think Matt was struggling, that wasn't on my mind when I decided to put Tj in. We thought Matt needed a rest, just like we put Ben in for Wade last week. We talked about it before the game & He's been playing a lot of football, so we were hoping we'd have an opportunity to rest him a bit there. He was getting ready to come back, but we just ran out of time."

"Matt's our QB, he's going to be our QB next week. He's confident, he did some good things. He's struggling, I'll give you that, but he's confident, the team's confident in him. Matt's going to come out of it."

"No, I'm not going to take the blame for that pick 6 today, that was on Andre. We worked on that all week, Andre knows if Matt throws an INT, he's got to get in there & make a play. We ran that same pick 6 later in the game, but Andre got on him, made a play. We'll most likely do it again next week, we'll get better, limit the yardage they get on those plays."

"My job..... you know I think I'm luckier than a two dck dog. We've been over this before, I don't know what McNair's going to have me do when we get back to Houston, but I'm sure it's going to involve whip cream & a biscuit, well I hope there's whip cream involved."
LMAO the irony! If the DB catches that cleanly it's another pick-6... Easily. No question in my mind. If it was a different player catching the third interception that one could have been too.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #24
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"No... I don't think Matt was struggling, that wasn't on my mind when I decided to put Tj in. We thought Matt needed a rest, just like we put Ben in for Wade last week. We talked about it before the game & He's been playing a lot of football, so we were hoping we'd have an opportunity to rest him a bit there. He was getting ready to come back, but we just ran out of time."

"Matt's our QB, he's going to be our QB next week. He's confident, he did some good things. He's struggling, I'll give you that, but he's confident, the team's confident in him. Matt's going to come out of it."

"No, I'm not going to take the blame for that pick 6 today, that was on Andre. We worked on that all week, Andre knows if Matt throws an INT, he's got to get in there & make a play. We ran that same pick 6 later in the game, but Andre got on him, made a play. We'll most likely do it again next week, we'll get better, limit the yardage they get on those plays."

"My job..... you know I think I'm luckier than a two dck dog. We've been over this before, I don't know what McNair's going to have me do when we get back to Houston, but I'm sure it's going to involve whip cream & a biscuit, well I hope there's whip cream involved."
OK, TK, that was funny. I literally chuckled. I needed some humor tonight.

Thanks.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #25
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Will anybody in the media ask Kubiak the simple question:

"Man, you keep saying you didn't put the guy in the position to succeed.
Why?
How many years of coaching do you have?
Haven't you learned anything?"

Just stupid!
I think this is part of the team problem here in Houston, the media is far to soft on the team. If this were New York, Philly, Boston, etc... the media would be ripping this team and asking the hard nasty questions at the press conference but the media in Houston is soft and just accepts Kubiaks standard "It's on me" excuse. They wouldn't dare follow up that lame excuse with a why question.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they are maybe a bit detached from reality down there. Too close to the situation maybe. Someone needs to tell kubiak that he needs to step back and hopefully gain some clarity because it seems they've adopted the attitude that no matter what happens they are entitled to another shot next week, next year...

Kubiak has given Schaub that sense of entitlement and neither have accomplished much really.

Schaub's comments were disgusting. He's not even owning his mistakes anymore. Everything is "we". And he keeps talking about how the team has a lot to improve on. Guys aren't going to like that. I see it on the players faces. They don't believe in him anymore.

And kubiak named him starter already. This is about to go south really fast guys. It's going to get ugly.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #27
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
LMAO the irony! If the DB catches that cleanly it's another pick-6... Easily. No question in my mind. If it was a different player catching the third interception that one could have been too.
if the second one was caught cleanly it's an easy touchdown.

their safety reid dropped a sure touchdown.

as i see it, schaub threw 3 pick 6's tonight.
Old 10-07-2013   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

lol! MSR

I couldn't help but hear Kubiak say it as I read it. I actually laughed out loud with your Andre blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think they are maybe a bit detached from reality down there. Too close to the situation maybe. Someone needs to tell kubiak that he needs to step back and hopefully gain some clarity because it seems they've adopted the attitude that no matter what happens they are entitled to another shot next week, next year...

Kubiak has given Schaub that sense of entitlement and neither have accomplished much really.

Schaub's comments were disgusting. He's not even owning his mistakes anymore. Everything is "we". And he keeps talking about how the team has a lot to improve on. Guys aren't going to like that. I see it on the players faces. They don't believe in him anymore.

And kubiak named him starter already. This is about to go south really fast guys. It's going to get ugly.
Great point about being detached. They almost have a 'speaking in third person' vibe about them. Repeating variants of the same generic phrases with glazed looks on their faces.

I noticed that "we" thing in Schaub's interview, as well.

"We have to get better from top to bottom" , irrc.

It sounded like he's programmed to say that, just by osmosis and now he's an extension of Kubiak.
Old 10-07-2013   #29
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

You could see it on AJ's face during the game, he was very frustrated and pissed.

It's already ugly, but I understand what you mean. Sometimes ugly can be a good thing though. It helps you to clean house and start over again. I think much of this blame needs to travel up hill though, to Bob McNair. When Houston was calling for Kubiaks head 3 yrs. ago Bob said that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the organization into a winning team. Someone needs to point out the Colts, San Francisco, Miami, Kansas City, etc.... Many teams have rebuilt in a season and this team has the talent to be great already on the roster.
Old 10-07-2013   #30
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19115 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

We should have lane kiffin'd kubiak in SF... Pulled his ass off the bus and left him there...

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #31
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
You could see it on AJ's face during the game, he was very frustrated and pissed.

It's already ugly, but I understand what you mean. Sometimes ugly can be a good thing though. It helps you to clean house and start over again. I think much of this blame needs to travel up hill though, to Bob McNair. When Houston was calling for Kubiaks head 3 yrs. ago Bob said that if he fired Kubiak it would take 3-5 yrs. to rebuild the organization into a winning team. Someone needs to point out the Colts, San Francisco, Miami, Kansas City, etc.... Many teams have rebuilt in a season and this team has the talent to be great already on the roster.
building a winning team is much more likely to happen faster when the HC and qb are removed together as opposed to just removing 1 or the other or some other coordinator by themselves.

You quoted SF, Indy, Mia & KC on the good side of this....lets look at the oppostite end of the spectrum; teams who changed something that they thought was the biggest problem and left everything else in place.

Dallas - have changed DC's twice under Garrett & left Romo in at qb

Jets - changed O-coordinators and now Qb's under Ryan

Jax - changed HC's & left Gabbert in at qb

STL - has changed everything around Bradford multiple times

I mean these are all teams who've been perennial losers for a while now....

real change for the texans needs to head in the right direction needs to include getting rid of Kubiak as well as Schaub.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #32
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Pangloss....errr....Kubiak: "All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds!"

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #33
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Kubiak and Schaub performed a duet of Linkin Park's super smash hit In the End. This was the only way to explain their current shortcomings. Life is tough yo, but you got to rap and rock your way out of it sometimes.

Kubiak: (It starts with one)
One thing I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It’s so unreal)
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

Schaub: I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

Kubiak: Repeat verse

Schaub: I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

I later heard that Cushing and Watt followed that up with Limp Bizkit's Break Stuff.
Old 10-07-2013   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
building a winning team is much more likely to happen faster when the HC and qb are removed together as opposed to just removing 1 or the other or some other coordinator by themselves.

You quoted SF, Indy, Mia & KC on the good side of this....lets look at the oppostite end of the spectrum; teams who changed something that they thought was the biggest problem and left everything else in place.

Dallas - have changed DC's twice under Garrett & left Romo in at qb

Jets - changed O-coordinators and now Qb's under Ryan

Jax - changed HC's & left Gabbert in at qb

STL - has changed everything around Bradford multiple times

I mean these are all teams who've been perennial losers for a while now....

real change for the texans needs to head in the right direction needs to include getting rid of Kubiak as well as Schaub.
Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not saying keep Schaub and fire Kubiak, I want them both gone. I simply said Kubiak should go because that's who the thread is about, and was pointing out a statement that McNair said 3 yrs. ago and showing it to not be true. I said they (Kubiak and Schaub) should have been gone 3 yrs. ago.
Old 10-07-2013   #35
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
That bothered me more than anything. Schaub throws int for a TD and another for a drive stopper. Yet he said they had more issues like D and ST. How is that?Defensive anyone
ST was terrible. How many times did a KR take the ball out of the endzone to be stopped inside the 15? It was so bad a teammate had to physically stop the guy from coming of the endzone later in the game. Field position was horrible all night, thanks to ST. Defense is bad. They may be "#1 defense in the league", but the redzone TD percentage is embarrassing. All that top 5 top 10 in yards allowed is bull when you can't stop the other team from scoring. Not to take anything from Schaub, because his decision making has been terrible. But we need to better in those other areas as well.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought Kubiak's halftime comments were weird and disconnected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
That bothered me more than anything. Schaub throws int for a TD and another for a drive stopper. Yet he said they had more issues like D and ST. How is that?Defensive anyone
Gary actually said he has bigger issues than QB at halftime. seriously?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #37
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep... I believe his actual words were along the lines of worrying about the defense and special teams and protecting the QB... I'll have to go back and watch it again...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

THUNDER!
THUNDER!
THUNDERKYSS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good stuff. Got me to smile and that isn't easy this morning.
Old 10-07-2013   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTF??!

So seriously out-of-touch or unable to accept reality that he falls back on worn out "coach speak". But his overused clichés are not even aligning to the reality of the game now. We just need to see his headset on sideways or looking at his playsheet upside down to complete the picture.

At least Capers actually knew what was wrong - i.e. "we need to execute better" - even though he was incapable of fixing it.

Kubiak, on the other hand, appears to believe that Schaub's suckiness is just a slump or something similar that just needs to be worked out.
Old 10-07-2013   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually if you think about it makes a lot of sense.

If Gary really does believe that he has bigger issues than QB..... then Gary clearly has "bigger issues" than his QB.

Gary needs to step back and talk to a shrink.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read