Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-08-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default anybody else hear that DD might hold out??

clicked onto houstonchronicle.com and saw that on the justice/mcclain show they talked about how DD might hold out for a new contract...anyone know if there is any truth to this or is mcclain just blowing smoke up everyone's arses
Old 07-08-2005   #2
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

IMO. DD isn't the type that holds out, at least not yet.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That doesn't sound right at all. Why would he hold out, we already went to him and offered to negotiate a new contract and they wanted to hold off til a later date, didn't they?

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He would be a fool to hold out. The Texans didn't take Morency because he looks cool with his helmet visor.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #5
wrestler4life
Veteran

If he wants to hold out, maybe we can trade him for a better TE or Tackle?
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
He would be a fool to hold out. The Texans didn't take Morency because he looks cool with his helmet visor.
they didn't!? I've got to go tell captian obvious! well, the texans have to renegotiate David and Domanick's contract. I suggest doing it the week the Texans suffer their only (i hope) loss of the season.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans don't have to renegotiate either contract. Dom is a RFA not a UFA and David has a buy-out clause. Capt Obvious probably doesn't know that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2005   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The Texans don't have to renegotiate either contract. Dom is a RFA not a UFA and David has a buy-out clause. Capt Obvious probably doesn't know that.
Its best to renegotiate right now before Carr becomes the best QB in the greatest QB division of the AFC South ('cept Fat Albert of the cardiac cats). As for DD, its not hard to replace him, the Texans could just use the Broncos' RB system and use a hobo. But I don't want a holdout to happen cuz that really lowers morale and chemistry.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Its best to renegotiate right now before Carr becomes the best QB in the greatest QB division of the AFC South ('cept Fat Albert of the cardiac cats).
The issue right now is Carr playing up to the remainder of his contract, not him out-playing it. His cap hit for 2005 is $7.8 mil and for 2006 is $9.4 mil.
Old 07-08-2005   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
His cap hit for 2005 is $7.8 mil and for 2006 is $9.4 mil.
That's why the Texans would look to renegotiate Carr's contract. To lower the cap number.
Old 07-08-2005   #11
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Its best to renegotiate right now before Carr becomes the best QB in the greatest QB division of the AFC South ('cept Fat Albert of the cardiac cats). As for DD, its not hard to replace him, the Texans could just use the Broncos' RB system and use a hobo. But I don't want a holdout to happen cuz that really lowers morale and chemistry.
If everyone could just use the Broncos' RB system then running backs wouldn't be nearly as highly valued. It's harder to emulate their system than just instituting a new blocking scheme.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #12
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I had joined Domanick's website .. http://www.doubledtalk.com/

I haven't been there for a while, and thought there might be some current information, but now it seems a person needs to pay for a 'Touchdown' membership (the payment plan) to access everything.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #13
Ghetto D
Rookie

I got the feeling from the audio segment that the Texans would sit down with DD, but he could get much more if he plays well this season. (They also mention Buchanan as being in the same boat.)

Aside from Morency, McClain insinuated that the Texans floated the Travis Henry rumor to keep DD in check a little.

There will be no hold out unless DD is Verba-stupid (i.e. grossly delusional, an a__ about it, and unwilling to be patient). DD seems to be the complete opposite.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Holding out by any RB would quite dumb...Alexander, E. James, and Henry are all better than DomDavis (2 not even close) and can't get anyone to pay for them. I assume that Dom's agent is watching the market.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #15
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Sheftfield (sp) just reported on NFL Total Access that the Texans were very close to rewarding DD very nicely for all the hard work and good attitude he has shown both on and off the field.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i hope so...while DD might not be the dominate runner that we think of in guys like alexander, edge, or even benson for that matter...davis has one thing he can hold over all of their heads...the ability to catch the ball...besides LT i don't think there is a better back in the reciever catagory...DD is a double threat at anytime...as much he deserves to get paid i think he should do it the honorable way...play this season out then talk to them about during our off-week...maybe get it done then...or at the end of the season...i know in pro sports honor isn't something that's held high but it would be nice to see that change

yes i believe players should honor the contracts they signed *cough TO cough*

and yes i believe managers should honor the contracts they sign players to...maybe if they signed them to more realistic contracts we wouldn't have to constantly see players redo their contracts and what not...i know it's a business and business always change but at some point it's just silly and that point is pretty close to being now...maybe not in the texans case but as the NFL as a whole it is
Old 07-08-2005   #17
stephen1
Veteran

d.d. shouldnt hold out, but i agree with T.O.'s holdout because he got a bad deal. then again, he signed it so its his mistake
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #18
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
d.d. shouldnt hold out, but i agree with T.O.'s holdout because he got a bad deal. then again, he signed it so its his mistake
that makes three of you: 1. TO 2. rosengouge and 3. YOU.

not comapny i would like to share, but to each his own...

back on topic, i hope DD doesn't hold out because my opinon of him would change dramatically (which will really get him worried, but i have standards too dammit!...). but after i saw his website, the aforementioned doubledtalk.com, it gave me a bad feeling so i wouldn't be totally surprised....please don't do it DD!!!

....come on season, come on season...

Last edited by jr0ck; 07-08-2005 at 08:39 PM.
jr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #19
Waltman
Rookie

I'm pretty sure the Texans will have DD in the back field this season and a happy DD at that. He is my boy and I know the Texans will do what it takes to keep him (reasonably) but I think DD know he can easily be replaced.
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #20
Waltman
Rookie

Besides the two people who we do not want to leave are A.J. and Carr. But it is a team sport. Fact of the matter we forget it is a business also, but I would hate to see DD go if he do.
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read