Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2013   #61
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season is over, unless ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Just for fun; Gary Kubiak (9 year) Career Stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...K/KubiGa00.htm

173/298 1920yards 14 TD 16 INT

I don't think Gary knows what anyone is going through right now.
LOL funny!
Old 10-07-2013   #62
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

To borrow a term, without a change of QB and HC the Texans are stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity a la the Rockets before the Harden trade.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #63
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I'm all for #8 never suiting up in a Texans uniform again.

I'd rather have a losing record and get a decent draft spot AND trade whatever it takes to get one of the top 4 QBs in the draft than make the playoffs. We won't make a splash in the playoffs anyways so what's the point of making finding a new QB that much harder?

Kubiak and Schaub are ruining this franchise. Point blank.

Looking back I am now kind of sad we came back in the first two games.
I really think starting MS gives us the best chance to lose the most games and get the highest draft choice.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #64
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm standing by my previous statement. i think kubiak is our head coach and i think he's mostly a great coach. i wont have anything to say in his defense however if he wants to hang himself with the rope named schaub.
Well put. It's not that I am totally enamored with Kubes, but I'm not sure if I know a good alternative. He's never been one to air the teams dirty laundry to the press so I am not going to get mad when he doesn't say what we want to hear. But I hope that he will make the right move for the team and accept that Schaub is broken.

It's pretty bad when I agree with Collinsworth when he said on air that Schaub needs to be accurate, because he doesn't have anything else. He's not the best at reading defenses, and he surely can't scramble so without pinpoint accuracy the guy has no redeeming qualities as a starting QB.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #65
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I'm all for #8 never suiting up in a Texans uniform again.

I'd rather have a losing record and get a decent draft spot AND trade whatever it takes to get one of the top 4 QBs in the draft than make the playoffs. We won't make a splash in the playoffs anyways so what's the point of making finding a new QB that much harder?

Kubiak and Schaub are ruining this franchise. Point blank.

Bottoming out and getting one of the top QBs is only good if there is a good HC on the sideline working with him.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #66
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , cause its Kubiak who's thrown 13 INT's in his last 8 games.

8 INT's in the last four .... four of which have been returned for TD's.

Yeah , if he doesn't bench Schaub after this disaster .... I'll be tempted to pull out the pink soap.
Yeah, cause it's Kubiack who's continued the retread's glorified backup out there in the first place. Your last sentence speaks volumes. Schaub should have already been benched. It was already a disaster. For Kubiak, it's a simple unwillingness to believe what he's seeing. How you start last night's game by marching Schaub out on the field and calling a play that would allow Schaub to float one out to the right flat on the 20 yard line... STUPID

I blame it on Schaub for not having what he once had. And I blame it on Kube's for not seeing it for what it is... Schaub reminds me of Kenny Stabler when he played for the saints. Except for more play makers around him.
Old 10-07-2013   #67
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I believe this is a bit of a situation on the whole organization about Matt, how could we not have been grooming a backup by now. And don't give me the Case Keenum crap, we haven't drafted a QB other than TJ Yates, and someone else I didn't even know we had drafted since Kubiak has been here.

You absolutely have to have an exit plan for Schaub as soon as he broke his foot, do they really believe that TJ Yates is that guy?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2013   #68
busterspencer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 busterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah , cause its Kubiak who's thrown 13 INT's in his last 8 games.

8 INT's in the last four .... four of which have been returned for TD's.

Yeah , if he doesn't bench Schaub after this disaster .... I'll be tempted to pull out the pink soap.
Kubiak called all of the plays and said Schaub has no choice to audible out of a bad play call after he sees the defense. I agree Schaub never came back from the injury 2 years ago. That 1 pass over the head of Andre, actually luck it went over everyone including the defense, made up my mind that Schaub cannot throw a pass. He's done
Old 10-07-2013   #69
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

We fire Kubiak, Schaub, the special teams coach & the kicker today. Is anybody really surprised at Schaub's performance? He doesn't have an arm, throws an errant ball or takes a turtle sack when approached by any opposing player and is never a leader. Kubiak has never added any new wrinkles in to his conservative 20-yr old Mike Shanahan game plan since he got here. Both Kubiak and Schaub have been deers in the headlights during playoff games. ST's and the kicker, nuff said. I realize the firings won't happen, but they should. We have extended all the losers' contracts and are stuck with them for the time being. Bye, bye playoffs.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #70
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub blows, but his backups are a whole lot worse.

The Texans simply don't have a veteran backup like Kyle Orton or a guy with starting potential like Ryan Mallett

They don't even have a Chad Henne or Mark Sanchez
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #71
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I am not sure if anything will be done midseason, but I think the only way Kubiak saves his job is by opening up the deep routes. Without it, our routes are going to be jumped.

Looks like teams have discovered that they only have to defend the first nine yards past the line of scrimmage.

Plus the fact that Schaub has no velocity on his throws.

Kubiak needs a new menu. Other teams know our pass routes better than some of our receivers. It doesn't appear to me that they have changed them up since day one.

Bet the farm that Schaub starts again next week. It's not going to get ugly, it already is.

This team is fractured.

Jacksonville has circled the Texans games on their schedule.

Old 10-07-2013   #72
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless there is a dramatic change in personnel or playcalling, I see a brutal road ahead for the Texans

Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders Pick 'em
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

But the good news is you never know how the season plays out. Things can take a turn in the last quarter....you just have to Win, no style points, just win...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #73
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I believe this is a bit of a situation on the whole organization about Matt, how could we not have been grooming a backup by now. And don't give me the Case Keenum crap, we haven't drafted a QB other than TJ Yates, and someone else I didn't even know we had drafted since Kubiak has been here.

You absolutely have to have an exit plan for Schaub as soon as he broke his foot, do they really believe that TJ Yates is that guy?
We have been grooming a backup .... Just not a replacement.

QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. How many truly elite QB's are there on the planet ?! Four. Manning , Brady , Brees , Rogers So we have 32 teams who all want one of those few players.

28 teams dont have one elite QB much less a second standing there waiting to replace the guy in front of them. Those teams have to win by other means and this team was built to win with average QB play with its balanced offense and very good defense.

Sadly for our Texans , Schaub went from middle of the pack to absolutely horrible right before our eyes , from 11th in QBR alltime to damaged goods.

I can only think of two times where teams went from one great QB to another instantly Favre to Rogers & Montana to Young. You might throw Manning to Luck in the conversation but that wasn't a seamless transition , they had to go 2-14 to get Luck.

At this point , I'd like to see a change under center too .... But not because I believe one of those backups are better , but because of the potential (however slim) that one might be.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #74
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
To borrow a term, without a change of QB and HC the Texans are stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity a la the Rockets before the Harden trade.
Yeah...this is nothing like the rockets.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #75
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have been grooming a backup .... Just not a replacement.

QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. How many truly elite QB's are there on the planet ?! Four. Manning , Brady , Brees , Rogers So we have 32 teams who all want one of those few players.

28 teams dont have one elite QB much less a second standing there waiting to replace the guy in front of them. Those teams have to win by other means and this team was built to win with average QB play with its balanced offense and very good defense.

Sadly for our Texans , Schaub went from middle of the pack to absolutely horrible right before our eyes , from 11th in QBR alltime to damaged goods.

I can only think of two times where teams went from one great QB to another instantly Favre to Rogers & Montana to Young. You might throw Manning to Luck in the conversation but that wasn't a seamless transition , they had to go 2-14 to get Luck.

At this point , I'd like to see a change under center too .... But not because I believe one of those backups are better , but because of the potential (however slim) that one might be.
Amen.. Another reason I'd like to see a change is, even if Schaub is REALLY the best option, he's proven that the team has absolutely nothing to lose by benching him.

Our Defense is good, scuse me... Great. 21 of SF's 34 are off Schaub INT's. I refuse to pin 21 on the Defense. so, the Offense should still answer for not being able to cover the 13 remaining. With AJ, AF, OD and AD and a good O-Line, you telling me we can only score 3 against a Defense where 2 of their probowlers didn't even suit up?

pick-6's aside, Matt's proven he's ineffective. Set the tone for the rest of the team.
Old 10-07-2013   #76
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yeah...this is nothing like the rockets.
Right , this team had high expectations going into the season .... the Rockets were expected to suck.

This team is very good at the skill positions outside of QB and has a very good defense.

How the hell does the opposing QB go 6/15 113 yards (293yards total offense) and you give up 34 ? Oh , Turnovers .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #77
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are 4-7 since their 2012 peak of 11-1.
Old 10-07-2013   #78
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
The Texans are 4-7 since their 2012 peak of 11-1.
Yes, we are painfully aware of it. You wouldn't take Kubiak and Schaub off our hands would you? I trade you a bag of M&Ms and a coke.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #79
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yes, we are painfully aware of it. You wouldn't take Kubiak and Schaub off our hands would you? I trade you a bag of M&Ms and a coke.
Kubiak made his name as an OC for Shanahan right? Maybe Mike fires his son and hires Gary.

Schaub? might be a good backup for someone...guys like Sage Rosefels, Rex Grossman, Dan Orlovsky seem to hang around collecting checks and Schaub is better than them.

Schaub, to be successful, has to start off hot, the running game has to be working and the Texans have to score a TD on their first possession. If none of these materializes, he's toast the rest of the game....
Old 10-07-2013   #80
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right , this team had high expectations going into the season .... the Rockets were expected to suck.

This team is very good at the skill positions outside of QB and has a very good defense.

How the hell does the opposing QB go 6/15 113 yards (293yards total offense) and you give up 34 ? Oh , Turnovers .....
After the Howard signing the Rockets instantly became championship contender, where did you read they would suck?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read