Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Season is over, unless ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Texans tried to lose to the Jags last season, when they let Henne put up over 400 yards and 37 points. That was one of the wins during the bad stretch to end the season. Just food for thought.
Yeah, but we didn't have the #1 defense in the league last year. We were only #7.
Old 10-07-2013   #42
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm standing by my previous statement. i think kubiak is our head coach and i think he's mostly a great coach. i wont have anything to say in his defense however if he wants to hang himself with the rope named schaub.
Old 10-07-2013   #43
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Season is over, unless...

we change our offensive execution. I feel for Matt, he's struggling mightily and instead of managing the game and letting our RBs run he's taken to throwing ill-advised passes. The league has obviously figured out his tendencies and exploited them (esp in the last two games).

I'm afraid he's reached his potential in this offense and I don't believe TJ has what it takes to give us an edge.

However, I may get burned for suggesting this, but why not give Case a shot. He's mobile, thinks well on his feet and may actually be able to give us the spark we need to turn this season around. I know that won't happen, but it would at least be fun to see what the kid could do.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Texans will win games against the Rams, Jags, etc., but lose at least one to the Colts and probably the one remaining with the Tacks. They're going to lose to the Broncos and the Pats. They're probably going to lose against the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised of the Colts swept, to be honest.

And if you want to be real about it, spot the Cards or Raiders a couple extra possessions and/or a TD, and they'll probably win.
I don't know if I agree with that.

If Schaub starts I'm calling the game for the rams. I think Schaub is that big of a handicap.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #45
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know if I agree with that.

If Schaub starts I'm calling the game for the rams. I think Schaub is that big of a handicap.
I was trying to be optimistic, you jerk.

(kidding on the jerk thing, of course)
Old 10-07-2013   #46
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes is a joke.

"It's a broken record right now. It looked the same," Kubiak said. "Hopefully, that's rock bottom tonight."

Rock bottom? Hopefully you are right Gary. Hopefully it is rock bottom.

Here's an idea. To open up the game next week, why not call another pass play where you have Matt throw a duck out into the flat. Dumba$$
Old 10-07-2013   #47
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans tried to lose to the Jags last season, when they let Henne put up over 400 yards and 37 points. That was one of the wins during the bad stretch to end the season. Just food for thought.
Actually, that was BEFORE the bad stretch. We played Detroit that next Thursday and went to OT with them. 11-1. Then the Embarrassment on Monday night against the Pats...and the rest is history. We needed 1 win. Had 4 tries to get it...smh. This crap football we are currently playing has been going on since about week 9 last season....
Old 10-07-2013   #48
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

I wish one of the defensive players would call out Schaub, like Dunta Robinson had to do Carr back in the day....were in the same situation with Schaub right now!
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #49
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTheSouth View Post
I wish one of the defensive players would call out Schaub, like Dunta Robinson had to do Carr back in the day....were in the same situation with Schaub right now!
noone will say crap, its that good ole boy system. Where noone says anyhting to harm the next guy and etc....all BS imo. AJ needs to step up and be more of a vocal leader during times like these.
Old 10-07-2013   #50
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
noone will say crap, its that good ole boy system. Where noone says anyhting to harm the next guy and etc....all BS imo. AJ needs to step up and be more of a vocal leader during times like these.
Yea I agree!
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #51
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

We're 5 games in with 2 wins 13-3 would be awesome and it's far from too late for that to happen. The real question is, do the powers that be have the balls to pull the trigger to make that happen? The talent is already there...

In all fairness, postgame press says no, no they don't. But that was t Bob speaking...
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #52
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
We're 5 games in with 2 wins 13-3 would be awesome and it's far from too late for that to happen. The real question is, do the powers that be have the balls to pull the trigger to make that happen? The talent is already there...

In all fairness, postgame press says no, no they don't. But that was t Bob speaking...
Bob will listen to his career back up QB who is now the coach of should be career back up QB who will eventually be the back up QB, god willing.

Old 10-07-2013   #53
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Most other QB s in the leauge, look like they have a FIRE in there eyes....Schaub looks like he just woke up from a (Nap)
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #54
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I wouldn't worry about the season,just think of the choke hold luck will have on the division for the next 10 yrs.
Thats what i have been saying to my buddys,but they just laugh,,,Colts beat 49ERS & Seachickens..,Luck is a gamer(Manning football camp 4 years)Omg this suxs...
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #55
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak sees too much of himself in Schaub. Its almost like Kubiak is trying to live through Schaub the career he didn't ever have. No other position on offense gets this preferential treatment. He understands what Schaub is going through. Really? How about what the other 52 players are going through when you keep marching Schaub out there. Or how about when you keep calling the same pass out to the flat where every defense we face now has thoroughly studied it on film and is waiting for the 6 point gift.

Lets take a look at the remaining schedule and see what can be salvaged as far as season record. This is my prediction before the Schaub pick six extravaganza. I originally said 9-7 or 8-8 depending on how the Texans did against the nfc west. But now I am not sure they can beat the Titans in Tenn and the Colts in our house. I see a false hope win streak after the bye only to be shattered at the end of the season. It could end anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. I don't know how much rope McNair will give Kubiak this season but we all know it has been an endless spool in previous seasons.

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W
Old 10-07-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTheSouth View Post
Calling a player out is bad. Once that happens, it's over. We turn into the Jets.

Calling out Carr was uncalled for, he was already on his way out.
Old 10-07-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Kubiak sees too much of himself in Schaub. Its almost like Kubiak is trying to live through Schaub the career he didn't ever have. No other position on offense gets this preferential treatment. He understands what Schaub is going through. Really? How about what the other 52 players are going through when you keep marching Schaub out there. Or how about when you keep calling the same pass out to the flat where every defense we face now has thoroughly studied it on film and is waiting for the 6 point gift.
I wouldn't be so mad if it looked like Kubiak had a clue as to what the problem is & how to fix it. If he knows how to fix it & just didn't get it done last night, that's one thing. But I didn't see anything last night to make me believe that. Against the Seahawks.... yeah. Looked like he had a handle on it, did some good things, then we turned into a completely ineffective unit. Couldn't even threaten to score unless the defense (or ST, but you know that's not going to happen) could put us in scoring position.
Old 10-07-2013   #58
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

My high hopes for this season have been dashed. I'm now fully back on the "Fire Kubiak" bandwagon. I wonder if we can get more than a bag of chips for Schwabie boy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #59
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Just for fun; Gary Kubiak (9 year) Career Stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...K/KubiGa00.htm

173/298 1920yards 14 TD 16 INT

I don't think Gary knows what anyone is going through right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #60
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for #8 never suiting up in a Texans uniform again.

I'd rather have a losing record and get a decent draft spot AND trade whatever it takes to get one of the top 4 QBs in the draft than make the playoffs. We won't make a splash in the playoffs anyways so what's the point of making finding a new QB that much harder?

Kubiak and Schaub are ruining this franchise. Point blank.

bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read