Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2013   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Remember when they had Manning and we had Carr and Schaub

They have Luck and we have Schaub. I thought we could hold them off one more year maybe but the difference between our QB and their QB is just too great.

I know it is more than one person but at QB it can make a difference.
Luck wins the game and Schaub loses the game.

I am sick of the Colts.

Texans and MS make me eat crow. Go Texans.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #2
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when they had Manning and we had Carr and Schaub

Luck is a QB and Schaub is Winnie-the-Pooh's donkey friend ... so ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what happens when you win like 1 game and get the #1 pick. As a result there is a once in a lifetime QB available for to you to draft. Then like 10-15 yrs later that same QB has a freak neck injury and they win like 2 games get the #1, only to have one of the best QB prospects in a long time coming out that same year.

The timing of it all is such perfect Luck.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #4
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 35903 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Our team is loaded with quality at so many positions. They have a QB we don't. I'd swap with them in a heartbeat because you can build around a franchise QB, whereas as we've demonstrated, it doesn't matter how may stars you have in other positions, if your QB is limited, so is your team. Indy have the division dominated until we find a proper QB.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the colts are going to win the division this year and we are going to be in a dog fight to make the play offs.

I think we probably miss them but I'd like to at least see us get in and give ourselves a chance. But yeah...the texans had a nice little period where we owned the division kind of. But as long as the colts keep luck healthy and we just keep ho-humming along, we're going to struggle to win the division.

But I like good battles. I was not afraid of them drafting luck. I figured it'd make us step our game up. Hasn't happened yet, but we'll see.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #6
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
This is what happens when you win like 1 game and get the #1 pick. As a result there is a once in a lifetime QB available for to you to draft. Then like 10-15 yrs later that same QB has a freak neck injury and they win like 2 games get the #1, only to have one of the best QB prospects in a long time coming out that same year.

The timing of it all is such perfect Luck.
I know it's seriously annoying how lucky the Colts are. Other franchises can go years sometimes decades without a great QB and the Colts go from Manning to luck within ONE season and are set for another 10 years. Ugh
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #7
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

If only schaub wouldnt lose us games, we would be fine. But those pick 6's are daggers to the team. Luck wins the colts games. We just hope Schaub doesn't screw up and lose us the game. Overall we have a better team, but the disparity between the 2 quarterbacks might be too much to overcome.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2013   #8
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

We definitely have to beat the 49ers tonight just to keep pace with the Colts and remain one game back in the AFC South. I don't care if we win the division or a wild-card spot, I'm going to be happy as long as we make the playoffs because there are too many good teams in the AFC.

More importantly, we play the Colts two times late in the season so there is no need to panic just yet. They do look really good and Andrew Luck is on the verge of becoming an elite quarterback in the game if you don't consider him one already.

We have to focus on our own team before we worry about other teams though. So nothing else really matters except what the Texans are doing on the field. Let's just run the table, finish 14-2 and take it all. We control our own destiny. Remember that.
Old 10-06-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
I know it's seriously annoying how lucky the Colts are. Other franchises can go years sometimes decades without a great QB and the Colts go from Manning to luck within ONE season and are set for another 10 years. Ugh
I'm still not sold on Luck being a "great" QB, or the Colts being "lucky"

So far so good, but 11 games to go is a long way. Remember it wasn't that long ago that Stafford & Bradford were "on the right track" or "better than Schaub" Or Cam Newton..... anybody talking about him lately? Or Jay Cutler...

I remember when the Colts had Peyton, we didn't have a shot. Winning 8 games a year, it didn't matter how good the Colts were, because we weren't good enough for a legitimate shot at the title anyway.

It's not going to be easy but I think we'll be in the division talks late into the season & we'll probably win it.

Anyone going to crown Schaub as the best QB in the division if we win it again?

I didn't think so.
Old 10-06-2013   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure, you can call it luck.

I call it cheating. Anybody can lose. It's REALLY easy to do.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

So far so good, but 11 games to go is a long way. Remember it wasn't that long ago that Stafford & Bradford were "on the right track" or "better than Schaub" Or Cam Newton..... anybody talking about him lately? Or Jay Cutler...

I remember when the Colts had Peyton, we didn't have a shot. Winning 8 games a year, it didn't matter how good the Colts were, because we weren't good enough for a legitimate shot at the title anyway.

It's not going to be easy but I think we'll be in the division talks late into the season & we'll probably win it.

I didn't think so.

I'd take all of those qb's in this system over Schaub.

But keep making the excuses. Remember, this is the same fan base and team that largely scoffed at bringing in Peyton manning.

People laughed at the idea.

But sure lets keep on making excuses and pointing out why manning, Brady, luck, and whatever other team and qb are making game winning plays, isn't as good as we think they are.

After all, we are the ones doing it right. Right??
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I wanted Manning, IIRC, even if we had had to trade away a lot of talent. If his neck hadn't "healed," we could've sucked for whoever is next.

I'm not so sure that 2-14 sounds so bad right now, btw.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd take all of those qb's in this system over Schaub.

But keep making the excuses. Remember, this is the same fan base and team that largely scoffed at bringing in Peyton manning.

People laughed at the idea.

But sure lets keep on making excuses and pointing out why manning, Brady, luck, and whatever other team and qb are making game winning plays, isn't as good as we think they are.

After all, we are the ones doing it right. Right??
Who said that? I said Luck's still got a lot to prove & we're going to win the division. I said we weren't good enough to win the division when the Colts had Peyton.... how is that making excuses?

& there's a big difference between knowing we're not going after Peyton & not wanting Peyton.
Old 10-06-2013   #14
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think the colts are going to win the division this year and we are going to be in a dog fight to make the play offs.

I think we probably miss them but I'd like to at least see us get in and give ourselves a chance. But yeah...the texans had a nice little period where we owned the division kind of. But as long as the colts keep luck healthy and we just keep ho-humming along, we're going to struggle to win the division.

But I like good battles. I was not afraid of them drafting luck. I figured it'd make us step our game up. Hasn't happened yet, but we'll see.
Colts are in business to win super bowls. Bob McNair is in business to sell out games. Seattle and San Francisco were in the same position we are in and they got rid of their inadequate qb. We just need to grow some balls as a franchise period.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remember when they had Manning and we had Carr and Schaub
Yeah.....that was...that was awesome...

I'm sorry for that, folks, that title just forced me to think of that Farley bit. Besides, it wasn't at all awesome...lol.
Old 10-06-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Thumbs up Re: Remember when they had Manning and we had Carr and Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Colts are in business to win super bowls. Bob McNair is in business to sell out games. Seattle and San Francisco were in the same position we are in and they got rid of their inadequate qb. We just need to grow some balls as a franchise period.
It's funny that San Francisco got rid of their "inadequate" QB because that QB got injured..... & Schaub hasn't missed a game since. Iron Man.

Seattle didn't get rid of their inadequate QB, they didn't have a QB... unless you're talking about Tavaris Jackson.
Old 10-06-2013   #17
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Or just lose 15 games in a season when "the best QB to come out in a long time" is also coming out. Thats one way to go.
Old 10-06-2013   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:

I didn't think so.

I think the main difference here is very few if any of those Qbs were were as lauded as Luck was coming out. He has every tool imaginable and most importantly his head might be his biggest tool. Now I understand your point, and he will certainly have to prove it, and he may not... But hard to think otherwise at this point all things considered.
Old 10-06-2013   #19
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's funny that San Francisco got rid of their "inadequate" QB because that QB got injured..... & Schaub hasn't missed a game since. Iron Man.

Seattle didn't get rid of their inadequate QB, they didn't have a QB... unless you're talking about Tavaris Jackson.
Seattle still doesn't have a QB IMO. 15/31 for 210 yards is not a great game. Yes, he can run and extend plays, but he can't throw, which is what you need in a QB. Neither SF or SEA will make the SB this year. Neither team has a QB that can beat you with his arm. Seattle wins games with defense alone and they should be 3-2 right now.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #20
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I think the main difference here is very few if any of those Qbs were were as lauded as Luck was coming out. He has every tool imaginable and most importantly his head might be his biggest tool. Now I understand your point, and he will certainly have to prove it, and he may not... But hard to think otherwise at this point all things considered.
Luck still has a lot to prove. He has been good so far, but his team has been opportunistic. I think winning the division for us is not a lock, but we have the better team, and we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read