Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2013   #21
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2 moves I would make to improve the team.

In reality, none of these would happen. Doubt the Skins want to get rid of Cousins at this point unless offered more than they should receive. Plus he would need time to gel with the line and receivers, etc. It's easy to trade a RB and go plug and play. Not a QB in the middle of the year.

Tate...no GM with an ounce of sense would do it. He's going to be a free agent that they know we can't afford. For them to trade now for him they would have to speak to him to have some sort of agreement he will sign with them when the trade is made, yada. So chances are highly slim there especially if you add in the fact we're talking running back. To garner that risky move you'd have to be Adrian Peterson like. You aren't trading anything for a back you can get in the offseason because if you don't get him, oh well. You'll grab one some other way. Not a big deal.

Moves that are needed to help the team now need to take place on that offensive line. Newton for one should be hitting the bench at this point. If Brown is healthy and ready to go I would move Harris over to RT. Even Gardner woud be worth the shot at this point. That would leave OG to worry about. For being a vet Wade Smith has been short of horrible. Brooks not much better but at least he is a first time starter. So Jones would probably slide between Brown and Myers there since we don't have the Q-man who I felt outplayed Jones in preseason.

I would feel better with two youngsters at the OG spots if they are in a bracket of veterans like Brown and even medicore Harris who did an admirable job at LT. Either way, can't get much worse. We already have our QB as the 3rd most pressured guy in the league.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #22
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
You just destroy your own argument! WHY WASTE A DRAFT PICK WHEN HE IS A FREE AGENT NEXT YEAR!? There is just as much chance he will not resign as there is they can sign him as a FA.

Yes I know they can tag him but no wants to pay a RB that much all at once. You have no clue how the NFL works.
Because other teams will be after him too when he hits the open market and in turn this will drive his price up.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #23
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Because other teams will be after him too when he hits the open market and in turn this will drive his price up.
Im done with this endless cycle of stupidity you are in. Go burn another jersey.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #24
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
2. start case keenum

add this to the silly list that isnt going to happen
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #25
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im done with this endless cycle of stupidity you are in. Go burn another jersey.
Never burned a jersey and I don't see why you have been so rude throughout this thread. Just say you don't agree and back it up with some info, offer another alternative, some pertinent info, anything but insults. Crazy how I can throw an opinion out there in order to improve the team and you just come down with the insults, appreciate it.
Old 10-03-2013   #26
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yYes, just plain dumb/unrealistic ideas period and we don't need another thread devoted to this fantasy land thinking
Well, you'd best stay the hell away from the No Spin Zone then. Fantasy land thinking is the rite of passage in that place. Your head will explode very quickly.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #27
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm not necessarily against going after Kirk Cousins, or Nick Foles, or whatever other backup someone thinks can blossom into a bona fide star QB. But what do you see right now with Cousins (or whoever) that's any better than what 2006 Schaub showed in his limited time as a backup to Vick? Why do you think one of those backups is going to end up better than what Schaub has become? I'm not saying they will or won't; I'm just wanting to know your reasoning.
Old 10-03-2013   #28
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
of course you wouldnt want that matt schaub.

Im a realistic person and wanting my unicorn to come home isnt going to make it happen
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #29
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm not necessarily against going after Kirk Cousins, or Nick Foles, or whatever other backup someone thinks can blossom into a bona fide star QB. But what do you see right now with Cousins (or whoever) that's any better than what 2006 Schaub showed in his limited time as a backup to Vick? Why do you think one of those backups is going to end up better than what Schaub has become? I'm not saying they will or won't; I'm just wanting to know your reasoning.
He has a small sample size but everything indicates he is the real deal. Jon Gruden said he would offer a 1st for Cousins, he knows the playbook, has great intangibles, killed the Browns, and had an overtime victory against the Ravens. Also has looked very solid in preseason games. That is why I would target Cousins.
Old 10-03-2013   #30
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would let Yates or Keenum grow with the young WR talent we have in Posey, Martin?, Jean (he's played good with Yates and Keenum) and Hopkins.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Why in the hell would you trade for a QB when this draft class is going to be pretty stout. Pick one and groom him over the next couple of years.
Old 10-03-2013   #32
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can this thread be merged with any one of the other 12 that include ridiculous/stupid/unrealistic ideas?
Someone should make a "what would you do NOW to help the Texans get back on track this season" thread.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #33
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
He has a small sample size but everything indicates he is the real deal. Jon Gruden said he would offer a 1st for Cousins, he knows the playbook, has great intangibles, killed the Browns, and had an overtime victory against the Ravens. Also has looked very solid in preseason games. That is why I would target Cousins.
Just for the record, Gruden also said that Matt Schaub was elite just before the Texans got pounded by the Pats on national television, so just because Chucky said it, it doesn't mean anything.

Killed the browns? Wow...

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Weren't all the same things said about Schaub after he dazzled with the Falcons? Hell, when Matt Cassel helped the Pats win 10 or 11 games in Brady's absence, people raved about him. Matt Flynn was going to be the next great thing when the Seahawks signed him after one big game.

Maybe I'm just a little gun shy about going after other teams' backups. We have backups. Use those. I am all for drafting a QB and having an open QB competition.
Old 10-03-2013   #35
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Just for the record, Gruden also said that Matt Schaub was elite just before the Texans got pounded by the Pats on national television, so just because Chucky said it, it doesn't mean anything.

Killed the browns? Wow...
The general consensus it that Cousins can be a franchise QB based on his play.
Old 10-03-2013   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why are you spending so much of your valuable time in a "ridiculous/stupid/ unrealistic" thread?
Old 10-03-2013   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Trade for Kirk Cousins - I know that there are a lot of people who would like to see Case Keenum play but I think that Cousins is a very good quarterback with a lot of upside

The Redskins know that Cousins will be long gone once his contract is up and would be foolish to turn down lets say a 1st and 2nd round pick.
I'd be curious to hear what you'd think an attractive offer would be. Since they drafted Cousins I thought he was an insurance policy. He's being groomed for the starting job, RG3 is just the filler. The way Shanahan appears to have no regard for Griffin's safety, makes me think he believes Cousins is ready now.

But I suspect RG3 would be traded from the Redskins before Cousins. Doubt you could present an offer attractive enough for their future franchise QB.

Quote:
Much like Kirk Cousins, Ben Tate will be long gone after his contract is up and the Browns will be looking to sign him during free agency. I would trade him for a second and and third or fourth round pick in the 2015 draft, not the 2014 draft because I suspect the Browns will be looking to package draft picks in order to move up in order to land a top signal caller. This way the Browns will not have to fight for his services once he hits the free market.

Feedback...thanks.
You want to trade Ben Tate to Cleveland for their 2015 picks?

Uhm... no.

You want to trade him to some other team that doesn't want to overpay in FA?

I'd be disappointed if Rick Smith hasn't put the feelers out already. He should know what Ben Tate's value is already. Personally I think we're thinking Super Bowl, recent team performance shouldn't have changed that goal. It would have to be a really sweet deal to take it.
Old 10-03-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Browns want Tate, it has been reported, and the chances of them getting him once he hits the open market will diminish substantially. There will be a lot of teams after him. I agree with you on Cousins. That would be a much more difficult deal to complete based of RG3's style of play but we have strong connections with the Redskins coaching staff and I think that would help. It would still be a hard deal to make.
I'd be surprised if Tate signs anything like a $3M/yr deal.
Old 10-03-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I would trade Tate for a RT. Koobs isn't playing him anyways, 1/3 of the carries is a joke considering the talent, I heard Tate gave an interview that gave off the impression he was gone after the season so why not get something for him?
That fumble showed me why Kubiak doesn't give him more carries. Gots to have been putting them on the ground in practice, nothing else makes sense to me.

That said, before the season I said WR was our #1 priority & I liked the development of Derek Newton, but drafting a first round OT would really take this offense to the next level. We'd be unstoppable.

I'm still not writing Newton off though, at the same time I'd be happy with a trade of Tate for a good OT, but I can't imagine anyone but the Jags already mailing it in.

What's the Bucs got for OT?
Old 10-03-2013   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Also, Flacco has proven you still can win a SB w/o being a very good QB.
yeah, Flacco's 11 TDs and no INTs in last year's playoffs really shows that he's not very good.

And to really highlight Flacco's mediocrity, he's the first quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.

What a chump!

His 6 playoff wins on the road? Average, at best. Just because he is the only QB in NFL history to ever accomplish such a thing means diddly squat....right? (Can I get an "amen"?!)

I can't believe they don't cut the guy today with his lame 9-4 playoff record. Seriously, just because he's the only QB to win two playoff games in his rookie season and won at least one playoff game every year he's been in the league, they act like he should be a starting QB!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read