Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-26-2013   #481
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If JF can't make it as a QB , I think he would be a great slot reciever .
How can you say this without any idea about his hands?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #482
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
How can you say this without any idea about his hands?
I guess I just type it .
Old 11-26-2013   #483
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13424 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

A&M's gameplan was just kinda...weird. They only had 6 runs on the day and abandoned it pretty early, even before things got out of hand.

And I'm an LSU fan, before any of you start frothing at the mouth.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #484
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
A&M's gameplan was just kinda...weird. They only had 6 runs on the day and abandoned it pretty early, even before things got out of hand.

And I'm an LSU fan, before any of you start frothing at the mouth.
I was cursing Clarence McKinney a million different ways on Saturday over this, believe me.

We have a damn good running back in Trey Williams. I don't understand why we didn't use him at all.
Old 11-26-2013   #485
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen Manziel throw it across it body and up for grabs enough for me to not want to take a chance on him. 100% on board for Bridgewater if we get the 1st pick. OL or ILB at the 33rd pick.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #486
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I never thought it would happen but I'm glad it happened this yr. To get a true franchise caliber qb is great.no more backups,no more trying to adjust the game plan because the qb can't make certain throws. Get bridgewater and fix everything else with the rest of the draft.
They tried this with David Carr. How did that work out?

Either pick Clowney or trade down for more picks.

What makes Bridgewater so different from Derek Carr? In fact Carr is just as mobile, probably has a stronger arm, has played against a similar level of competition and put up better numbers than Bridgewater.

Give me after a trade down Erving/Nix with my 2 1st rd picks from the Browns and McCarron/Mettenberger with 2/1. Or take Murray in the 4/5th. Fix the OL/DL 1st, after 2 rebuilds hopefully the Texans have learned something that some fans haven't learned yet.

Mettenberger has Flacco/Ben's skill set and they've won multiple SB's because of the talent around them. BoB said that he wants to build a team like the Steelers. This is his chance after 3 tries.

Yes I know Nix had MCL surgery and Murray had ACL surgery.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #487
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

No way the Browns give up both their 1sts for our first
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2013   #488
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
This is what I thought at first but Cleveland desperately needs a franchise QB so maybe. ESPN Rang and Brugler have Carr going to them at 8 and I just cannot see a team taking a chance like that so high in draft. Maybe I am just a burnt Texans fan who goes into convulsions when I hear Carr..whoops there I go again.

Their second pick from Colts should be around #25 ish will not bring them a top flight WR or CB or at least not one better than #40 could bring in second say WR Jordan Matthews or CB. Personally, I'd go WR second round and then CB in one of the two thirds. I think Brown need that name QB worst than Houston.
Old 11-26-2013   #489
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Here is what Washington gave up to move from #6 to #2.

For the 2nd pick in the draft Washington gave St Louis:

Skins #6 pick in the 2012 draft
Skins 1st Rd and 2nd Rd picks in the 2013 draft
Skins 1st Rd pick in the 2014 draft.

Here is what the Giants gave up to move from #5 to #1 to get Eli:

For the 1st pick in the draft New York Giants gave San Diego:

Giants #5 pick in the 04 draft
Giants 3rd RD pick in the 04 draft
Giants 1st Rd and 5th Rd picks in the 05 draft.

If the Browns want to move up to get their Franchise QB it will cost them both of their 1st Rd picks in 2014 and a lot more (their 1st RD in 2015). Remember it was the Browns who lost out to Washington in the BID for RGIII. Odds are they won't miss twice.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #490
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Tons of good qb's in this draft. If us and the browns need franchise qb's why are we ok picking one of the other guys, but they wouldn't be?

Why are they moving up for a guy, but we aren't taking them?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #491
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Tons of good qb's in this draft. If us and the browns need franchise qb's why are we ok picking one of the other guys, but they wouldn't be?

One team's evaluation is different from the other. there are 32 teams with 32 different looking draft boards. You say there are tons of good QBs in this draft and yet I think there is really only 2-3 QBs with 1st Rd value.

People say Mariota is Top 10 1st Rd and yet I see Joey Harrington/Seneca Wallace

People say Hundley is a 1st Rd QB and yet I see Josh Freeman

People say Teddy Bridgewater is Top 10 1st Rd QB and yet I see Geno Smith

People say Johnny Manziel is Top 10 1st RD QB and yet I see Russell Wilson.

Would you take Joey Harrington, Seneca Wallace, Josh Freeman, Geno Smith or Russell Wilson in the 1st RD?
Old 11-26-2013   #492
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13424 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't done much tape on Bridgewater, but I was watching the Browns D on NFL rewind (as part of my growing obsession with Ray Horton) and couldn't help but be reminded of Bridgewater as I saw Jason Campbell play, though that could be a mistake on my part.

The only thing that concerns me with Bridgewater is that his short passes seem to be thrown very...softly. Like they are slow to arrive. That may just be his touch showing but I can't help but see an aggressive DB taking advantage of that.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #493
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
One team's evaluation is different from the other. there are 32 teams with 32 different looking draft boards. You say there are tons of good QBs in this draft and yet I think there is really only 2-3 QBs with 1st Rd value.

People say Mariota is Top 10 1st Rd and yet I see Joey Harrington/Seneca Wallace

Would you take Joey Harrington, Seneca Wallace, Josh Freeman, Geno Smith or Russell Wilson in the 1st RD?

Yes I would take Russell Wilson in the first round.
Old 11-26-2013   #494
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think the Senior Bowl is a decent barometer on their play . The bad news is they're not seniors .
Old 11-26-2013   #495
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Yep ... if Teddy ends up being the real deal , it's like drafting Travis Johnson instead of Aaron Rogers all over again . Of course we did have DC

A Teddy interview .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaCmCXBNpJE

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-26-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #496
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

you have a terrible eye for talent, stick to your day job
Old 11-26-2013   #497
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
you have a terrible eye for talent, stick to your day job
We will see....when I was young I too often overreacted and thought many players were going to be much better than they were. I have learned that most players are not going to be what you want them to be or hope them to be. One or two maybe, every year probably not.
Old 11-26-2013   #498
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Would require both teams to think the way you have designed for them to think.

Lots of variables. We'll see.
Old 11-26-2013   #499
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
We will see....when I was young I too often overreacted and thought many players were going to be much better than they were. I have learned that most players are not going to be what you want them to be or hope them to be. One or two maybe, every year probably not.
If you hit 40% of your draft you've done well .

KC picked 1st overall last year and their not so happy with Fisher . Joeckel is out for the year and the Dolphins guy can't stay on the field . It's a crap shoot that gets revealed 3 years down the road .
Old 11-26-2013   #500
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Wow ... and Johnny wasn't even around then .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read