Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-22-2013   #441
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

And I do think that keenum can become better in the pocket over the course of these few games. But it's going to be a team effort. Regardless, I want to see him hang in there for as long as possible.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #442
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've watched manziel play one good team this year and that was auburn. I can't say I was impressed.
...Alabama?

What's funny is that, near the end of the game, Manziel switches seamlessly between scrambling and stopping to view the field as if to pass. It was really awesome to see and you can tell the defense can't really do anything about it.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #443
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd re-watch the Auburn tape to evaluate Rey's comments on Manziel, but I can't watch that game without feeling sick to my stomach.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #444
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I'd re-watch the Auburn tape to evaluate Rey's comments on Manziel, but I can't watch that game without feeling sick to my stomach.
Bring a bucket .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #445
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
...Alabama?

What's funny is that, near the end of the game, Manziel switches seamlessly between scrambling and stopping to view the field as if to pass. It was really awesome to see and you can tell the defense can't really do anything about it.
I did not see him play Bama. That's why I said "I've seen" and not "manziel has only played"....

I'm not condemning the guy. I'm just saying that he's going to have to change his game some, IMO, to be a good qb in the nfl.
Old 11-23-2013   #446
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I did not see him play Bama. That's why I said "I've seen" and not "manziel has only played"....

I'm not condemning the guy. I'm just saying that he's going to have to change his game some, IMO, to be a good qb in the nfl.
Nothing stopping you from looking, though.
Old 11-23-2013   #447
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Fo me it's a toss up between Clowney and Matthews.

Which way would you go?

Or is Johnny Football your pick? I would rather wait until 2015 see if Case is the guy and if he's not pick either Hogan/Petty.
our boy Hogan just lit it up today
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2013   #448
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Alabama?

Dude threw a pick 6 and a red zone int....2 critical turnovers that ultimately were the difference in the game....

All the aggregate stats mean didley poo if you cost your team the game.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #449
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nothing stopping you from looking, though.
I'll probably get around to watching some of it.

I like manziel as a football player. But at the moment in thinking I wouldn't take him at the top of the first round. I don't like how he throws the ball. He doesn't seem like a natural passer to me.

But he has playmaking ability and if he can develop as a passer he could be really good. But the way he moves in the pocket, sees the field, reads defense...IMO it leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 11-23-2013   #450
bhsman
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Dude threw a pick 6 and a red zone int....2 critical turnovers that ultimately were the difference in the game....

All the aggregate stats mean didley poo if you cost your team the game.....
And if Manziel's defense could stop a nose bleed we'd be talking differently, but they can't.
Old 11-23-2013   #451
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if Manziel's defense could stop a nose bleed we'd be talking differently, but they can't.
Manziel played like crap today. Let's not put this one on the defense. They started the game with 3 straight stops and A&M had 1 first down in response. Yea they aren't very good, but the A&M offense was just as bad today.

This is the problem I was talking about with Manziel. Keep him in the pocket and you get a 16/41 performance with a couple of turnovers. Sure he scrambled around a bit and got some yards, but for most of the game LSU kept him contained in the pocket and he reverted to his chuck and pray throws.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #452
bhsman
All Pro

I was referring to the Alabama game above, not today's game. I was cheering for the Tiger's as a student but Manziel was not getting help from his receivers, and on Mike Evans' touchdown-that-wasn't, Robinson was committing some blatant DPI that wasn't called.

I mean, the Tiger's got a win, but your strategy to beat him is more or less what everyone tries. LSU (or Chavis, really) has a better idea of how to accomplish it.
Old 11-23-2013   #453
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was referring to the Alabama game above, not today's game. I was cheering for the Tiger's as a student but Manziel was not getting help from his receivers, and on Mike Evans' touchdown-that-wasn't, Robinson was committing some blatant DPI that wasn't called.

I mean, the Tiger's got a win, but your strategy to beat him is more or less what everyone tries. LSU (or Chavis, really) has a better idea of how to accomplish it.
My bad.

As for LSU and how to beat him. They play a particular style of defense that is death for offenses like A&M, Oregon, etc. They have the athletes to man up downfield, but also have the athletes to get pressure with 4-5.

IMO, that's what it's going to look like when Manziel is playing in the league. Not too that extreme for the most part, but that's how NFL teams will play him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #454
bhsman
All Pro

Meh, it's not like he hasn't played teams like that. Maybe it's some of our voodoo magic.

Honestly our defense has been really bad at getting pressure all year, but we also play up to competition and seem to play proportionally to how riled up Tiger Stadium is. The place was LOUD today. There were several times where, as the Aggies were driving down away from the student section that I noticed Mike Evans screaming at Manziel and trying to get the play.

I haven't even given my most important piece of information yet. Just need to upload my iPhone photos...
Old 11-24-2013   #455
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

After today's game the chances of the Texans drafting a QB with their first draft pick has become the odds on favorite.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #456
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Teddy Bridgewater here we come!
Old 11-24-2013   #457
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Can somebody post me that Johnny Manziel photo wearing a Texans jersey? I kind of hope he falls to us in the second round, or maybe we can trade up with our second round pick and still snag him late in the first round. I'd rather use our potential first overall pick to trade down for a King's Ransom offer or just take an elite defensive player. Not sure I'm sold on Teddy Bridgewater being a franchise guy.
Old 11-24-2013   #458
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
After today's game the chances of the Texans drafting a QB with their first draft pick has become the odds on favorite.
Oh definitely, but with a first overall pick? I think not...
Either round two or trade back up into the first round.
After that LSU game I'm confident Manziel's stock is falling.
16-for-41 passing with 1 TD and 2 INTs. He may fall to the second round right into our hands.
Old 11-24-2013   #459
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Oh definitely, but with a first overall pick? I think not...
Either round two or trade back up into the first round.
After that LSU game I'm confident Manziel's stock is falling.
16-for-41 passing with 1 TD and 2 INTs. He may fall to the second round right into our hands.
1 bad game vs 24 very good or great games is not going to alter his draft stock/position as much as you think it will.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #460
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
1 bad game vs 24 very good or great games is not going to alter his draft stock/position as much as you think it will.
No it won't. And I'm not making excuses for him but there were a lot of dropped balls and mental mistakes made at bad times in that game by his teammates.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read