Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-19-2013   #381
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Fo me it's a toss up between Clowney and Matthews.

Which way would you go?

Or is Johnny Football your pick? I would rather wait until 2015 see if Case is the guy and if he's not pick either Hogan/Petty.
^^^^^
this!!! but i would include along side hogan/petty hundley and winston
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #382
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Hundley is a QB in the mold of Cam Newton in that they're both built like linebackers playing quarterback. I second the notion that he return for another year.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #383
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Hundley is a red shirt soph playing behind 3 freshman OL . The talent is there IMO , he just has to make things happen this year . If he were to go back to UCLA with a year under the OLs belt , and with the talent on that team , Hundley would be the #1 pick in 2015 .

If short QBs have big hands , it's not that big a deal . Russell Wilson and Drew Brees both have 10 inch hands . So does Andrew Luck and Johnny Football has big hands and wears a size 15 shoe .
From the 3 games I have watched Hundley I have seen nothing that says he's an NFL QB and everything that says he should return to school and I think he will after he reads his NFL evaluation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Hundley is a QB in the mold of Cam Newton in that they're both built like linebackers playing quarterback. I second the notion that he return for another year.
Reminiscent of the many things said about Logan Thomas with the same comparisons to Cam Newton. And we see how that turned out.

Last edited by Texian; 11-19-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #384
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A draft is a projection to the next level , that's it . Hundley is a big , athletic , smart guy with a big arm . Johnny Football is a good player but the projection is how will he do in the pros . Do y'all think JF will be held in the same regard as Michael Vick ? That's the only 6 foot QB I know who went high in the 1st round .
While Michael Vick a redshirt Soph declaring for the draft compares to what Manziel will likely do. Michael Vick wasn't even close to accomplishing what Manziel has done on the football field so far.

As a Freshman Vick threw for 1840 yds, completed 58% of his passes, rushed for 580 yards, 12 Passing TDs, 5 INTs and 8 Rushing TDs.

Freshman Manziel threw for 3706 yds, completed 68% of his passes, rushed for 1410 yards, 26 Passing TDs, 9 INTs, 21 Rushing TDs.

Manziel threw for more yards as a Freshman than Vick threw for as a Freshman and Sophomore combined 3706 vs 3279; Rushing yards 1410 vs 1216; Passing TDs 26 vs 21; Rushing TDs 21 vs 17. From a production standpoint, Manziel is twice as good as Michael Vick, if not more.
Old 11-19-2013   #385
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
While Michael Vick a redshirt Soph declaring for the draft compares to what Manziel will likely do. Michael Vick wasn't even close to accomplishing what Manziel has done on the football field so far.

As a Freshman Vick threw for 1840 yds, completed 58% of his passes, rushed for 580 yards, 12 Passing TDs, 5 INTs and 8 Rushing TDs.

Freshman Manziel threw for 3706 yds, completed 68% of his passes, rushed for 1410 yards, 26 Passing TDs, 9 INTs, 21 Rushing TDs.

Manziel threw for more yards as a Freshman than Vick threw for as a Freshman and Sophomore combined 3706 vs 3279; Rushing yards 1410 vs 1216; Passing TDs 26 vs 21; Rushing TDs 21 vs 17. From a production standpoint, Manziel is twice as good as Michael Vick, if not more.
Michael Vick freshman season: 182 passing attempts, threw for 11.3 yards per attempt, 131 rushing attempts

Johnny Manziel freshman season: 434 passing attempts, threw for 8.1 yards per attempt, 201 rushing attempts.

You're embarrassing man.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #386
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Michael Vick freshman season: 182 passing attempts, 131 rushing attempts

Johnny Manziel freshman season: 434 passing attempts, 201 rushing attempts.

You're embarrassing man.
So without trying to embarrass me or you, who had the better Freshman season? Vick accounted for 20 TDs and Manziel 47 TDs. and why are Manziel's Freshman numbers 2X more Vick's Freshman and Sophomore numbers combined?

I know you're a Manziel hater, so it might be best for you to just ignore me instead of trolling all my Manziel comments. Either that or just get over it.
Old 11-19-2013   #387
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Just need to expose your choice number's comparisons. They are embarrassing. Comparing total passing yards when one player has nearly 250% of the passing attempts as the other. Also with a lower yards per attempt, but of course you didn't include that.

Carry on with your nut hugging. That's what your last 50 posts have done, and the next 50 will likely be the same.
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2013   #388
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just need to expose your choice number's comparisons. They are embarrassing. Comparing total passing yards when one player has nearly 250% of the passing attempts as the other. Also with a lower yards per attempt, but of course you didn't include that.

Carry on with your nut hugging. That's what your last 50 posts have done, and the next 50 will likely be the same.
Don't hate me cause I like Manziel. Not everyone is going to be a Manziel hater like you. The only one embarrassed may be you. Sorry I am not embarrassed.

As a Freshman Manziel accounted for 47 TDs, Vick for 20 TDs . Are you embarrassed for Vick?

With 2 games to go Manziel has accounted for 86 TDs in 2 seasons, with 2 full seasons Vick has accounted for 38 TDs and Vick was the #1 Draft pick.

And regarding my statement, Michael Vick wasn't even close to accomplishing what Manziel has done on the football field so far. TRUE

Simmer Down - Donna Summer
Old 11-20-2013   #389
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

There's a difference between being a hater and correcting your choice statistics. Just like when you neglected to mention the 3 interceptions he had in the previous game.

Look at your last 50 posts if you want to see what a troll looks like. Basically, all you do is find posts about Manziel and then reply about how is he "Johnny Texan" the god of football. It's goofy.

All I have done is add context to your biased statistical posts.
Old 11-20-2013   #390
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There's a difference between being a hater and correcting your choice statistics. Just like when you neglected to mention the 3 interceptions he had in the previous game.

Look at your last 50 posts if you want to see what a troll looks like. Basically, all you do is find posts about Manziel and then reply about how is he "Johnny Texan" the god of football. It's goofy.

All I have done is add context to your biased statistical posts.
Go back and check all the post and find out how many were part of a conversation, and how many you interrupted, butted in the conversation. When you find out report back. There's no doubt, your a Mansiel hater. Why, I have no idea but I expect you will be at odds with anyone who does like Johnny or doesn't write their Manziel comments or present their Manziel numbers exactly as you want them posted.
Old 11-20-2013   #391
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Go back and check all the post and find out how many were part of a conversation, and how many you interrupted, butted in the conversation. When you find out report back. There's no doubt, your a Mansiel hater. Why, I have no idea but I expect you will be at odds with anyone who does like Johnny or doesn't write their comments or present their numbers exactly as you want them posted.
Sorry if passing attempts, yards per attempt and passer rating don't mean anything to you. God forbid people insert context to your posts when you don't provide it.

I'll leave you to your JF penis caressing.
Old 11-20-2013   #392
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel has more passing attempts because he is a better passer, though? He's more proficient at it than Vick was, so he passed more often. He's probably the best passer in the class after Bridgewater, looking at stats and competition. His talent for running is key, but I don't think he's quite the same as Vick's 'Check read and run' style, or at least has improved upon this from his freshman year.

It's not a zero-sum player where a proficiency for passing or rushing means deficiency in the other; Manziel is just adept at both.

FWIW I'm an LSU fan so I'm the LAST person who wants to see Manziel do well right now. Surprise, surprise, it IS possible to like Manziel without being an Aggie.
Old 11-20-2013   #393
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't hate me cause I like Manziel. Not everyone is going to be a Manziel hater like you. The only one embarrassed may be you. Sorry I am not embarrassed.

As a Freshman Manziel accounted for 47 TDs, Vick for 20 TDs . Are you embarrassed for Vick?

With 2 games to go Manziel has accounted for 86 TDs in 2 seasons, with 2 full seasons Vick has accounted for 38 TDs and Vick was the #1 Draft pick.

And regarding my statement, Michael Vick wasn't even close to accomplishing what Manziel has done on the football field so far. TRUE

Simmer Down - Donna Summer
Michael Vick made his money running wild vs Nebraska his frshman year in the championship game . Didn't Gino Torretta and Danny Wuerfell win Heismans and put up big numbers ?

The funny thing to me is , why promote one guy so steadfastly , we can't pick him . All we are doing is talking players and killing time by trying to guess who the Texans need or will take .
Old 11-20-2013   #394
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
6'3" 210 is built like a linebacker ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #395
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry if passing attempts, yards per attempt and passer rating don't mean anything to you. God forbid people insert context to your posts when you don't provide it.

I'll leave you to your JF penis caressing.
I'm going to do you a favor here and put you on ignore. When you're capable of having a discussion without the juvenile frat boy references and more of an adult conversation have someone message me and maybe one day we can continue our conversation.

Quote:
Michael Vick made his money running wild vs Nebraska his frshman year in the championship game . Didn't Gino Torretta and Danny Wuerfell win Heismans and put up big numbers ?

The funny thing to me is , why promote one guy so steadfastly , we can't pick him . All we are doing is talking players and killing time by trying to guess who the Texans need or will take .
I thought that is exactly what I was doing.
Old 11-20-2013   #396
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
6'3" 210 is built like a linebacker ?!
Quote:
I'm going to do you a favor here and put you on ignore. When you're capable of having a discussion without the juvenile frat boy references and more of an adult conversation have someone message me and maybe one day we can continue our conversation.

I thought that is exactly what I was doing.
I bet Hundley goes 6'3 235 lbs .

Texian ... we're talikng players , you're talking player .
Old 11-20-2013   #397
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Texian ... we're talikng players , you're talking player .
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=2

I can't be responsible for what posts you selectively choose to read.

Did you not ask......" Do y'all think JF will be held in the same regard as Michael Vick ? That's the only 6 foot QB I know who went high in the 1st round ."

I thought you were looking for a response or was this strictly rhetorical?
Old 11-20-2013   #398
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=2

I can't be responsible for what posts you selectively choose to read.
It doesn't matter to me , I think it's funny . My point on JF is how he will be viewed by the NFL and that is he'll get penalized for not being 6'4 .

This is why the poster said Hundley was built like a LB.

Old 11-20-2013   #399
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8xVIgWEBY

That is all.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #400
bhsman
All Pro

I think we're focusing on Manziel mostly because he:

1) Plays the position of quarterback

2) He's very, very, very good at it on the college level and is being evaluated for his work there

3) He's probably a first-round selection, whether by us or someone else.

I don't see the problem in discussing him than the people who want to talk about us drafting Jake Matthews. By comparison to the 'safe' pick in Matthews, Manziel generates just more discussion due to his position, his history, and how the media portrays him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read