Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Have you given up on the Houston Texans?
Yes 13 12.38%
No!! 92 87.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013   #41
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have you given up on your Houston Texans

I'll never give up on them. They still have a great group of players and have the ability to win a lot of games. I've given up hoping Kubiak gets it, but he's not worth giving up on the team.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #42
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Given up being a Texans fan? Nope I will always be a fan.

Given up that we will win the Superbowl this year? YES. Lots of folks came in with high expectations, its only 4 games but we are headed the wrong direction.

No reason to be a homer and start being realistic. With Gary and Shaub it's not looking to good at all.
What he said. It's 4 games this season, but as in other recent posts I've made, I'm going back to last season, as the sting from getting throttled by real Contenders is still relevant as we roll into this season. NOTHING has shown me this team has taken any strides to become a legit contender this year.
Old 10-01-2013   #43
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
that's exactly the type of mentality that has allowed joe marciano, kubiak, and schaub to have such long tenured jobs in houston.

texan fans have the same mentality of their owner.

yet fans wonder why we cant get rid of them.
I'm glad our owner is more patient than fans. Would be silly to give up on the season, trade off Andre for some picks, throw a young QB to the 9ers and just say "Next year!" yeah, that's a good message to send to your fans who are paying to come see these games. I don't EVER want to be in a situation again where I'm hoping my team misses a FG so that we could draft Reggie Bush. No thanks.

It's cool though, we all have higher expectations of this team. 8-8 is a failure now and not a success. So say what you want about McNair, he bought Houston another football team and in his short tenure has made them one of the franchise to watch. The only thing this franchise is missing is a superbowl win or two but I feel like as long as he's trusting his football guys and not meddling in their business like another Texas owner then his patience will be rewarded.

I also think because he's seen as a patient owner when/if the head coaching job opens up...the great established coaches will give us a look. Unlike a Dallas or Oakland situation where no one really wants to coach there because they could fire you the same season they hire you or like in Dallas where Jerry also wants to be coach.
Old 10-01-2013   #44
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I think my brain exploded.

How can we have all the Schaub and Kubiak negativity yet 91% of the people still haven't given up on them?

Is this a dumb and dumber situation? "So you're saying there's a chance...."
The poll asks if we have given up on the texans, not schaub or kubiak. I couldnt give up on guys like Watt, Foster, AJ, cush, (ironically) KJ, O.D, and everyone else.
Old 10-01-2013   #45
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, you've got to read.

Most guys are going to root for this team 1 game at a time & see what happens in January.
I'm going to root for them too, but I know there needs to be a change.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #46
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

It's rather simple. Just because that most are frustrated it isn't a sign that we are giving up on our team. We'll all still be there cheering, ranting and cussing on game day. Nothing will change. Expectations may have fallen but that has little to do with are you a fan or giving up on your team. If we can stomach the first ten years, Choke City (sorry for the reminder of that game....), etc., then we can get through this.

I remember when our fanbase was accused of accepting being just medicore. That we weren't passionate and didn't stand behind our team. I see quite a bit of passion and a lot of fans who are tired of selling for medicore and I like it. I have no issues with folks voicing there frustrations. We've been at this a while going back to Oiler days and well....we want to freaking win one! Already told my wife 'Will I see one of my teams win the title before I freaking die?' (I got a ways to go since I'm only 36).

Think the most stressful thing is this team is freaking stacked. I mean look at this roster. Other than RT, LG, and now maybe QB, this offense has all the pieces. Even with the two biggest issues on the line they are still at least around medicore. The defense is one of the best in the league and can shut down teams by today's NFL standards which is basically holding a team under 20 points.

We should be winning with no if's, and's or but's about it. It should be Broncos and Texans in AFC title game with little doubt. But apparently right now we're the definition of 'That's why they play the game on the field and not paper.'
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #47
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
And we CAN feel this way and be hopeful about this season while we still dislike certain aspects of the Texans. There are so many parts that go into an NFL team that some of them can suck and you can still win a super bowl. We've seen that happen to many times. Just because I say I don't think the future resides in either Schaub or Kubiak doesn't mean they can't win a super bowl. Stanger things have happened in the NFL and you've all probably seen them already.
Yep. Stranger things have definitely happen. (Cardinals playoff run immediately comes to mind...) and the team has the talent to go deep in the playoffs, get a lucky bounce here and there (which every superbowl team does) and make it to the big one.

So again, they are 2-2 and 1-0 in the division. I don't think they'll sweep the division, but I think they'll get close to. I still think we are better than the Colts on a whole...I guess we will learn a lot this week about who the better team will be since both teams will have played the Hawks and 9ers.
Old 10-01-2013   #48
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
It's rather simple. Just because that most are frustrated it isn't a sign that we are giving up on our team. We'll all still be there cheering, ranting and cussing on game day. Nothing will change. Expectations may have fallen but that has little to do with are you a fan or giving up on your team. If we can stomach the first ten years, Choke City (sorry for the reminder of that game....), etc., then we can get through this.

I remember when our fanbase was accused of accepting being just medicore. That we weren't passionate and didn't stand behind our team. I see quite a bit of passion and a lot of fans who are tired of selling for medicore and I like it. I have no issues with folks voicing there frustrations. We've been at this a while going back to Oiler days and well....we want to freaking win one! Already told my wife 'Will I see one of my teams win the title before I freaking die?' (I got a ways to go since I'm only 36).

Think the most stressful thing is this team is freaking stacked. I mean look at this roster. Other than RT, LG, and now maybe QB, this offense has all the pieces. Even with the two biggest issues on the line they are still at least around medicore. The defense is one of the best in the league and can shut down teams by today's NFL standards which is basically holding a team under 20 points.

We should be winning with no if's, and's or but's about it. It should be Broncos and Texans in AFC title game with little doubt. But apparently right now we're the definition of 'That's why they play the game on the field and not paper.'
Choke City and the Rockets (different sport of course) is a GREAT example. That Rocket team had a history of choking...and this in a sport that is usually pretty consistent with it's results, where a team can rack up championships consistently...

As if a switch flipped those rockets turned choke city into clutch city. So much so that their mascot is now named 'Clutch'

Nah, I won't give up on the team until it's certain they are out of it.
Old 10-01-2013   #49
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't give up on this team. I feel like a ****ty two percenter if I even miss part of a game, win or loss.

That being said, I'm critical and I realize that parts of this team are not working and I like discussing what to do about them, which is the reason I'm on this wonderful board.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #50
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Exactly.... And I thought you were getting too old to have lucid, intelligent, well thought out posts.
When all the bandwagon fans jump off Bill & I can put our feet up. I aint goin' ANYWHERE!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
When all the bandwagon fans jump off Bill & I can put our feet up. I aint goin' ANYWHERE!
Testify, my brother!
Old 10-01-2013   #52
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
nobody including me is saying trade dre. He isnt the problem.

schaub has been qb for 7 years, kubiak a coach since 2006.

At some point, patience has an expiration date.
Actually, one guy in this thread said he'd wish Andre would go play for a better QB and win a superbowl elsewhere.

That's basically what giving up on this season means. That means you hope the team realizes it's time to change things drastically. Time to fire Kubiak (Interim coaches are usually a waste of time...) maybe clean house and start anew. I mean you give up so you think there is a 0% chance at winning this thing any ways.

Who cares about 7 years? About 3 of those years actually trying to get this team to look like a NFL team. Any ways Last year they were a elite team and lost to another elite team in the playoffs. I honestly think that's all McNair is and should look at. I said this last year but there is no shame in losing to the Patriots in the playoffs. The year before that the team overachieved...

I'm not saying Kubiak is the solution...but I think it would be the dumbest thing McNair has done if he fired him in mid-season UNLESS the team was like 2-8 or something.
Old 10-01-2013   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I think my brain exploded.

How can we have all the Schaub and Kubiak negativity yet 91% of the people still haven't given up on them?

Is this a dumb and dumber situation? "So you're saying there's a chance...."
It's one thing to be whine and gripe and complain and b!tch.
Especially when there's so much fresh material every week.

But it's something else entirely to be a quitter.
We ain't quitters. We're Texans.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #54
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Testify, my brother!
Save a vuggin seat for me!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #55
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that's exactly the type of mentality that has allowed joe marciano, kubiak, and schaub to have such long tenured jobs in houston.

texan fans have the same mentality of their owner.

yet fans wonder why we cant get rid of them.
At some point you will come to the realization that slamming your head against a wall over and over is not moving the wall but only giving you headache and a dent in your noggin.

Texans fans---> <----Texans front office

The only true power fans have to exert is as consumers, and that's not going to happen in the PSL age. Even during 2-14, the stadium was "sold out". Merchandise sales obviously dropped, but axing Capers & Co. had less to do with that and everything to do with 14 losses in a season.

My own perspective is to just accept our limitations as a fanbase and enjoy the entertainment product put in front of us as best we can. Otherwise, you'll end up with a headache and a feeling of helplessness.
Old 10-01-2013   #56
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
At some point you will come to the realization that slamming your head against a wall over and over is not moving the wall but only giving you headache and a dent in your noggin.

Texans fans---> <----Texans front office

The only true power fans have to exert is as consumers, and that's not going to happen in the PSL age. Even during 2-14, the stadium was "sold out". Merchandise sales obviously dropped, but axing Capers & Co. had less to do with that and everything to do with 14 losses in a season.

My own perspective is to just accept our limitations as a fanbase and enjoy the entertainment product put in front of us as best we can. Otherwise, you'll end up with a headache and a feeling of helplessness.
You'll end up with a face like JJ Watt .

Matt should come out with the Schaub Smoky . The only smoker that burns 100% real Matt Schaub Texans gear . Ummm ummm . Just think of a battle red brisket or liberty white smoked yardbird .
Old 10-01-2013   #57
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Have I given up on the Texans...

Hell No!

Have I given up on Schaub and Kubiak?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #58
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

On my Texans NO, on Schuab more or less, im hoping he turns it around and fixes all this BS he has going on and make me a believer again. I mean he did put up 300+ yards on the 'Hawks, which one team has done all season and idk how many games back from the end of last season.
It was just his one CRUCIAL mistake that did us in.
When I first did a W/L expectation before the season started, I had us being 2-2 at this point. Very pissed off on how we lost the Seahawks game, but ish happens, this is football and as we saw, ONE play can make it or break it. We have the #1 Ranked Defense and #4 Ranked Offense, so I think we'll pull it together and grab our division back from those 3-1 scrubs that are at top for now.
Only thing that worries me is if Cushing goes down again, then we really are screwed. I noticed once again that once he went out of the game, thats when the 'Hawks started rallying.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #59
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Angry as hell, Yes.

Given up, NO.
Old 10-01-2013   #60
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely NO. But I need a win soon or i'll have to start taking anti depressants again
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read