Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Have you given up on the Houston Texans?
Yes 13 12.38%
No!! 92 87.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013   #21
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 89950 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have you given up on your Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hey, quit poking Thorn, I'm as old as he is...
Yep, but not as crotchety!
Old 10-01-2013   #22
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Bob McNair has failed us so I say yes. I have 0 confidence in Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak is a stubborn, hardheaded, behind the times, stupid idiot and at this point I cannot stand to see this playing not to lose cowardly face. The rest of the players on the team I wish them the best and I hope Andre wakes up and go plays with a better qb for one year and wins a super bowl because it's not happening in this good ol boy systematic football town.
Well you are certainly alone in that wish I hope.
Old 10-01-2013   #23
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Outplayed the Super Bowl media favorite Seahawks and tripped ourselves into a loss. Outplayed the SB Champs and short-bussed our way into a loss.

Yeah, I quit. Going to burn my counterfeit jersey and be an Astros fan.

Kind of my thoughts. I like Matt Schaub however unpopular that might be but his play here recently has been bad. I do not see his mobility, arm strength or ability to read a defense as the huge liabilities that others do. I think he has to make smarter choices when it comes to forcing throws which has caused the pick 6 buffet.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

No ... but I didn't have great expectations to begin with . I didn't think they were an elite team fighting for a super bowl .

The Texans have to do something bold to have a chance and I don't see it . Why ... the Ravens came out of nowhere by firing the OC and letting the talent take over .

Kubiak believes in systems winning championships . I think it's salary cordination and a strong QB . The QB can hide more shortcomings on your team than any other position . You need an elite guy and then you have to pay him but if he's the real deal , he's worth it . You also pay for a LT , shutdown CB , a stud WR , a pass rusher , and the re evaluate .
Old 10-01-2013   #25
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70026 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
Why does it have to be us Houston fans that suffer oh so much?
Are you waiting for a Detroit fan to hand you the tissue box?
Old 10-01-2013   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

No as we are our own worst enemy. Baltimore beat us but we could have made a game out of it. McNair needs to have a meeting with Gary and Wade , do some butt chewing and introduce them to a new Special Teams coach; then look each in the eye and say "hint, hint."
Old 10-01-2013   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
yeah, no doubt, it could be worse. We could be Cleveland!
Old 10-01-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I kinda figured as much when I started the poll, but wanted to hear you say it.

No doubt about it, the best fans in the NFL.
Old 10-01-2013   #29
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I wouldnt say the base are the best in the NFL as I see Houston in general as about as fairweather as they come. I havent really lived anywhere else though so my view point is certainly slanted
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #30
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Give up in the sense that I totally doubt this QB can get the job done or at least not eff up royally - then yes.

But this is the team I root for. Ive watched every single game except one since the teams inception and ill keep watching regardless of the record.
Old 10-01-2013   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, like my buddy always likes to point out, the fine folks of Texans Talk and those that call sports talk radio only represent maybe 1% of the fanbase. The passionate vocal ones that never seem to get enough Texans football on Sundays.

This city has a great fanbase for winning teams, no doubt about it. But, it's also a fanbase than is often short on patience. Never having a football team in the Super Bowl will do that to generations of fans.
Old 10-01-2013   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 203569 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Given up? Hell no. I'm still pulling for them, and the team has too much talent to write them off. But I have adjusted expectations, because I have given up any hope that Scahub can be the long term answer at the most important position on the field. So while I haven't given up on the team, I am not going to saddle myself with unrealistic expectations that only serve to frustrate and annoy me.

Quote:
But we’re going to win the Super Bowl in the meadowlands.
And I'm going to win the lottery! Woohoo!
Old 10-01-2013   #33
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
LOL....anybody but a Detroit fan Marcus...heck, they actually beat us last Thanksgiving!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #34
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77713 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Give up? No

Worse QBs have won Super Bowls.

Some teams just start off slow. The Giants start like crap and have won two Super Bowls off of horrible first halves.

The AFC South is turning out not to be the cakewalk it was expected to be. Meanwhile the NFC East fell off a cliff. Preseason and early season guessing doesn't amount to much.

The Texans aren't probably in the running for the No. 1 seed in the playoffs, but they do just have to finish ahead of the Titans and Colts.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #35
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65137 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Give up, hell na i dont give up. We are 2-2 its not like we're 0-4. We have the talent to go all the way but i dont care if we lose 30 games in a row i'll never give up on my boys.
Old 10-01-2013   #36
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

i have been a fan since the first day and will continue to be a fan.

However, I do realize that this is just a game and entertainment. No reason to get overly frustrated over things you have no control over.

I have no control over the Texans and who they start, how they play, etc. But I will watch and cheer them on each game. If they make it to the playoffs, good, if not - the sun will still come up in the morning and set at night.

As long and my kids and grandchildren are safe and healthy, what the Texans do or do not do is not going to ruin my day.
Old 10-01-2013   #37
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think my brain exploded.

How can we have all the Schaub and Kubiak negativity yet 91% of the people still haven't given up on them?

Is this a dumb and dumber situation? "So you're saying there's a chance...."
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #38
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post

How can we have all the Schaub and Kubiak negativity yet 91% of the people still haven't given up on them?

Pretty simple.

People think the problems are fixable.

We are not the Jags here, it is NOT a talent problem. It's not a issue where we just don't have the talent to compete. You bet against Cushing and Watt.

It's not like Schaub has this long history of throwing pick sixes either.

The problems are fixable, they could be 0-4, they could also be 3-1. I think the guys on this forum have seen enough football to realize when your team is 2-2 (1-0 in the division) is just WAY too early to be giving up on the season.
Old 10-01-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post

Well, you've got to read.

Most guys are going to root for this team 1 game at a time & see what happens in January.
Old 10-01-2013   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Pretty simple.

People think the problems are fixable.

We are not the Jags here, it is NOT a talent problem. It's not a issue where we just don't have the talent to compete. You bet against Cushing and Watt.

It's not like Schaub has this long history of throwing pick sixes either.

The problems are fixable, they could be 0-4, they could also be 3-1. I think the guys on this forum have seen enough football to realize when your team is 2-2 (1-0 in the division) is just WAY too early to be giving up on the season.
And we CAN feel this way and be hopeful about this season while we still dislike certain aspects of the Texans. There are so many parts that go into an NFL team that some of them can suck and you can still win a super bowl. We've seen that happen to many times. Just because I say I don't think the future resides in either Schaub or Kubiak doesn't mean they can't win a super bowl. Stanger things have happened in the NFL and you've all probably seen them already.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read