Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Have you given up on the Houston Texans?
Yes 13 12.38%
No!! 92 87.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Have you given up on your Houston Texans

Simple question, yes or no. You can get all detailed or what not in your response, but basically the question is have you given up on them & that can mean anything you want it to mean.

Answer yes, but still root for them on Sunday. If it works for you, it works for you. Answer no, but have given up all hope for them to win the Super Bowl now, or anytime in the Kubiak/Schaub era….. it’s all good.

My answer is no. I have not given up on my Houston Texans. I know they’re still answering the same “adversity” question they’ve been answering for the better part of a decade, but I still think there’s plenty of time to right this ship. We may not win this division, we may be playing for a wild card week 17…

But we’re going to win the Super Bowl in the meadowlands.
Old 10-01-2013   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have you given up on your Houston Texans

I've given up on MS, I think I've seen a large enough sample size to realize he is what he is, an average qb incapable of making a play outside of normal play parameters. In order for this team to do anything, its gonna have to be on the backs of the running game and defense.
Old 10-01-2013   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaubiak = Yes

Texans organization = No! This ain't nothing compared to the 2-14 era
Old 10-01-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess technically for this season yes. But I agreed with the writer before the season that said this was an 8-8 team. I felt like too many fans thought too highly of the team.

I will keep watching, rooting and hoping...but I don't believe in this team. I don't believe they have a chance in hell at going to the superbowl.

Of course they could dig deep, get some breaks and get it done but that's about the last thing I expect.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #5
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Given up being a Texans fan? Nope I will always be a fan.

Given up that we will win the Superbowl this year? YES. Lots of folks came in with high expectations, its only 4 games but we are headed the wrong direction.

No reason to be a homer and start being realistic. With Gary and Shaub it's not looking to good at all.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #6
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I'll play your silly game. The season is too young and we are 2-2. Even though the first two wins could have and probably should have been losses, other teams in the past have rallied after horrible starts and come on strong to win it all. It could happen, but not as long as this team continues to show up for just a half, nor as long as we don't find a solution to crappy QB play (it really is on Schaub ya know---if you are honest), nor as long as Kubiak starts his turtle routine. We have to learn to put our opponents away.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

of course not. i've had time to clear my head after the last game but my opinions are the same. i've finished with schaub. i am positive that he's giong to be an anchor and the piece that keeps us from going all the way. i think we have the ideal coaches in kubiak and wade. both have proven systems that work exceptionally well, and our roster is stacked after building a team with one player 7 years ago. to that, we have a TON of talent and we'll finish the season with a strong record. there's no reason to give up, we knew this was going to be a tough stretch even if schaub wasnt holding us back, and after 16 games our talent will even out this rough spot.
Old 10-01-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Outplayed the Super Bowl media favorite Seahawks and tripped ourselves into a loss. Outplayed the SB Champs and short-bussed our way into a loss.

Yeah, I quit. Going to burn my counterfeit jersey and be an Astros fan.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #9
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I'll play your silly game. The season is too young and we are 2-2. Even though the first two wins could have and probably should have been losses, other teams in the past have rallied after horrible starts and come on strong to win it all. It could happen, but not as long as this team continues to show up for just a half, nor as long as we don't find a solution to crappy QB play (it really is on Schaub ya know---if you are honest), nor as long as Kubiak starts his turtle routine. We have to learn to put our opponents away.

My thought exactly...but...

I hate to say this:

A lot of information has been exposed to us after the loss to Seattle. I mean, I did not realize until then, that Kubiak had so much control over what offensive plays are called. I always felt Dennison controlled much of that (not that I was satisfied), but a head coach needs to find ways for the team to win and I have not seen one change that would suggest it is even taken into the next week's game plan. Nothing new. I have come to the conclusion that our team lacks the skillsets to defeat soundly, an opposing team. I do not see their "fire" along the sidelines like I see in other teams.

The cookie-cutter offensive plays have become, well...offensive.

I must admit that after the highs I was experiencing during the first half of the game against Seattle, and then the hard realization of the loss in the second half; I lost my interest to even watch any more football the rest of the day. I was hard-pressed to watch the Saints/Dolphins game last night. The only reason I watched it was to delight at the fact that an unbeaten team would fall, and to me that's kind of sick.

Why does it have to be us Houston fans that suffer oh so much?
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I never gave up on the Oilers, and I'll never give up on the Texans.

Doesn't mean I won't b!tch about what I think is wrong with them though. But, I think the poll and the question is more along the lines of have I given up on this season? Nope. They can still turn all this around. It's why I watch every Sunday. If they win, I'll be happy until the first game the lose, then I'll be in here b!tching about what I think went wrong.

I'm a fan, so I think my behavior is fairly typical.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Doesn't mean I won't b!tch about what I think is wrong with them though. But, I think the poll and the question is more along the lines of have I given up on this season? Nope. They can still turn all this around. It's why I watch every Sunday. If they win, I'll be happy until the first game the lose, then I'll be in here b!tching about what I think went wrong.

Exactly.... And I thought you were getting too old to have lucid, intelligent, well thought out posts.
Old 10-01-2013   #12
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh no.

The division is all that matters. When you look at the Titans next games they are all very losable.

The Colts will be a tougher out, but if Seattle beats Indy (which is likely) and Texans get a tough win then they are right back on track to doing what they want to do.

I'm not concerned with winning the regular season championship. We were in that running last year. By this time last year we were Denver. Beating up teams, blowing out teams, everyone praised with how balanced we were, some had us going to the superbowl...etc etc...I'd rather be the battle tested team. That team usually does well in the playoffs.

Schaub can turn it around. Stranger things have happened in the NFL.
Old 10-01-2013   #13
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

This is still a really good football team.

Hell, we beat the Seahawks, who are another very good football team, for more than 3 quarters.

It comes down to Kubiak for me. Does he change his mindset and stop being predictable? I don't know, I hope so though.

I know everyone's big concern is Schaub, but he is the best QB we have for this Kubiak led system. I don't see Schaub as our QB next year, but I do for this year. He has to make the plays when they count and we will have a fighting chance to win.

And please to God, no more pick 6's for the man!
Old 10-01-2013   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

Who gives up on a four quarter game because they are dissatisfied with the outcome of the first quarter?

Who does that?

I hope the team doesn't think like some of the so-called fanbase does. "Oh woe is us. After four games we're only 2 and 2, we'll NEVER get to the Super Bowl now... we may as well quit."

Who.
Does.
That??

Too many warriors on this team for them to give up on this season and for me to give up on them.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #15
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Nothing about you is typical, Thorn.
Old 10-01-2013   #16
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Just cant fathom giving up on a team after 4 weeks sitting at .500. We get Duane Brown back and this team is going to put a run together, and just maybe we are clicking at the end of the season, the opposite of the last two seasons.

The offseason is long and brutal and in no way is this year even close to being over. Get over it!! We have a TON of huge games this year, and I have a feeling things are going to get real exciting for us. We are just paying our dues right now.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Nothing about you is typical, Thorn.
While that may be true, all it reveals is that I'm insane, not wrong.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Exactly.... And I thought you were getting too old to have lucid, intelligent, well thought out posts.
Hey, quit poking Thorn, I'm as old as he is...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #19
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair has failed us so I say yes. I have 0 confidence in Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak is a stubborn, hardheaded, behind the times, stupid idiot and at this point I cannot stand to see his playing not to lose cowardly face. The rest of the players on the team I wish them the best and I hope Andre wakes up and go plays with a better qb for one year and wins a super bowl because it's not happening in this good ol boy systematic football town.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I never give up on a season until it is confirmed that they cannot make the playoffs or they lose a playoff game.

I'm not the most optimistic fan at times, but that doesn't mean I've given up on them.

I was the same way with the Oilers. Even after 35-3, I still tuned in the next year for the crazy 11 game win streak and the Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride debacle and losing to Joe Montana as a Chief.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read