Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2013   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Game Week -- at San Francisco 49ers (7:30PM CDT)

I hate playing teams that appear to be struggling. They tend to figure things out & get back on track when they play us.

Remember the last time we played the NFC East? Every one of those teams couldn't find an offense & were looking at being 0-4, or 1-4, or "out of the picture" then they played us & go on to being "the strongest division in the league"

I'd much rather go play an unstoppable Denver team, or a 4-0 Seahawks, or a 6-1 KC team. At least we'll play well & have a shot at winning.

A struggling Baltimore team comes to Reliant & "whoa, there's that offense we've been looking for."
Old 10-04-2013   #62
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

The timing of the game is good. I can leave Austin at a reasonable time and be back to watch the game in my dorm room

I think we're going to do this. I think that this is a proud team and they will roar back. Everyone wants to do their job. Even Schaub will look good this week.

It's gonna happen, guys. I can feel it. I think Arian is going to have a good evening Sunday.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
It's gonna happen, guys. I can feel it. I think Arian is going to have a good evening Sunday.
I hope so... I can't think of a way to spin a 3 game losing streak.
Old 10-04-2013   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hope so... I can't think of a way to spin a 3 game losing streak.
LOL, I hope you don't have to, but I have a feeling you can outdo your own expectation.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #65
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
Wow! Thanks to all our amazing #TravelingTexans for coming out to San Francisco!

#We Are Texans https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BV1fWbkCUAAXgYi.jpg:large
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
#Texans' GM Smith on Matt Schaub: "Itís a misperception that the fire doesnít burn in him. It burns hot in him." #NFL #49ers

#Texans GM Smith was adamant teammates, front office continue to believe in Matt Schaub.

#Texans GM Rick Smith: ďIím going to quote the head coach: ĎMattís our quarterback.' " #NFL #49ers
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #66
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Compliments of Dale Robertson of the Chronicle:

Quote:
How the Texans' and the 49ers' NFL rankings compare a fourth of the way through the season:

Texans / 49ers

5 Total offense 21

7 Rushing offense 8

9 Passing offense 27

1 Total defense 4

23 Rushing defense 19

1 Passing defense 3
Stats trying to predict outcomes are impressing me less and less.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hate playing teams that appear to be struggling. They tend to figure things out & get back on track when they play us.

Remember the last time we played the NFC East? Every one of those teams couldn't find an offense & were looking at being 0-4, or 1-4, or "out of the picture" then they played us & go on to being "the strongest division in the league"

I'd much rather go play an unstoppable Denver team, or a 4-0 Seahawks, or a 6-1 KC team. At least we'll play well & have a shot at winning.

A struggling Baltimore team comes to Reliant & "whoa, there's that offense we've been looking for."
You're forgetting that we're a team that appears to be struggling too.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2013   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
#Texans' GM Smith on Matt Schaub: "It’s a misperception that the fire doesn’t burn in him. It burns hot in him." #NFL #49ers
You've got to be careful. Too much of this kind of fire happening only inside may destroy all of your guts.
Old 10-05-2013   #69
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I think SF shuts down our rushing game and dares MS to beat them. Short throws require a lot of plays to score a TD. Many chances for tipped passes, bad passes, misreads, etc.. Unless we get some cheap scores by TO's I don't see us winning.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #70
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I think SF shuts down our rushing game and dares MS to beat them. Short throws require a lot of plays to score a TD. Many chances for tipped passes, bad passes, misreads, etc.. Unless we get some cheap scores by TO's I don't see us winning.
I'm afraid that I see the same thing in our future.
Old 10-05-2013   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Adam Wexler ‏@awexler 13m
Each of top 8 #NFL teams in TO margin are either 4-0 or 3-1. DEN is only 4-0 team not in top 8. (but Den avg'g 44.8ppg) cc:
Old 10-06-2013   #72
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
On what basis are you giving either of these to the Niners?
I'd like to revise my answer by just pointing to actual results LOL.
Old 10-06-2013   #73
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think our D matches up well with the 9ers. Any team that runs a lot and has pass plays that take a while to develop, our d matches up well with them.

On offense, we can move the ball against anyone.

9ers are going to come out hungry at home. They need the win. We do too.

I don't know what to think of the prime time stuff. I don't buy into it really, but the record there is undeniable.

I'm giving this one to the 9ers. I think the 9ers have a more explosive offense and I think Schaub is going to play tight. 9ers get some pressure and he starts to shrink under the heat. I think he throws at least one pick this game.

35-21 9ers.

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'm sorry but that 35 made me laugh. Good one, man.

You still laughing, bro?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read