Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2013   #221
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you don't know that your team audibles on 30% of their plays...

They just don't realize that the audible are built into the offense ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #222
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I saw Schaub do this in the game. I think that was a signal for his audible.

Old 10-11-2013   #223
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you look closely his eyes are closed, he is flapping his arms and he is saying "I believe I can fly ... ".
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #224
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you don't know that your team audibles on 30% of their plays...

So by audible do you mean that the QB changes to the other play he is allowed to call or that he actually has the freedom to pick just about any play he has the personnel to execute and audible to that? Honest question.

Is it "You can do this or that" or "If you see something out there that you can take advantage of then change to the play you need"?
Old 10-11-2013   #225
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So by audible do you mean that the QB changes to the other play he is allowed to call or that he actually has the freedom to pick just about any play he has the personnel to execute and audible to that? Honest question.
I think it's the ability to change to another play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Is it "You can do this or that" or "If you see something out there that you can take advantage of then change to the play you need"?
I'd like to see how beneficial those audibles are. I know when Carr was here, I used to complain about not having the ability to audible. Then Schaub came in & the offense has been pretty prolific. If we're not audibling, we're doing pretty dam good with what we do. So..... it's not a big issue to me.

I did hear DeAndre mention in the preseason if he's got one on one coverage he's going to run a go route. Maybe that was just for the preseason, or just that game. But I'd think, as prolific as our offense has been, that there are built in rules like that every game. When Andre is in motion, if the coverage the defense is in puts him on a LB, or a safety, then we take advantage of it.

Like I said, we're at the top of the league in points & yards generally every year. If it ain't broke...
Old 10-11-2013   #226
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd like to see how beneficial those audibles are. I know when Carr was here, I used to complain about not having the ability to audible. Then Schaub came in & the offense has been pretty prolific. If we're not audibling, we're doing pretty dam good with what we do. So..... it's not a big issue to me.

I did hear DeAndre mention in the preseason if he's got one on one coverage he's going to run a go route. Maybe that was just for the preseason, or just that game. But I'd think, as prolific as our offense has been, that there are built in rules like that every game. When Andre is in motion, if the coverage the defense is in puts him on a LB, or a safety, then we take advantage of it.

Like I said, we're at the top of the league in points & yards generally every year. If it ain't broke...
1) kubiak has said once the motion starts there is no more "audibling". Yet, here you are saying that you think when someone goes in motion and it creates a favorable match up, we audible.

Doubtful.

2)your last statement is settling. That's why you love Schaub. Because you think he's "good enough". If it ain't broke and all that jazz. How about being even better? How about crushing opponents and breaking the damn scoreboard? How about when we regress we regress to "still pretty good" instead of "the suck"?

This league is about greatness. Texans aren't going to go-hum their way to a Super Bowl. In this day and age it will be very hard to make it if your offense can't consistently deliver late in the year and in the play offs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #227
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe he was saying "Everyone stand back! I feel another pick 6 coming!"
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2013   #228
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Correct. He'll make motions like this, or he'll motion to a WR to adjust his position on the line. It doesn't posses the fine tuning of audibles, but it reduces the affect that crowd noise has on your adjustments. I think I prefer the latter.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #229
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should listen to the Sage Rosenfels interviews where he explains audibles in Kubiak's system. Very educational.
Old 10-11-2013   #230
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
1) kubiak has said once the motion starts there is no more "audibling". Yet, here you are saying that you think when someone goes in motion and it creates a favorable match up, we audible.

Doubtful.
That's not what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
2)your last statement is settling. That's why you love Schaub. Because you think he's "good enough". If it ain't broke and all that jazz. How about being even better? How about crushing opponents and breaking the damn scoreboard? How about when we regress we regress to "still pretty good" instead of "the suck"?

This league is about greatness. Texans aren't going to go-hum their way to a Super Bowl. In this day and age it will be very hard to make it if your offense can't consistently deliver late in the year and in the play offs.
I think Schaub is good enough that we've consistently been a top 10 offense in both yards & scoring over the last 5 years. I don't believe it's going to be as easy to replace him as many people think.

I know that throughout history teams have not spent high draft picks, big FA dollars, or a lot of energy in replacing their starting QB when they are top 10... in offensive scoring & yardage. I don't expect the Texans to be any different.
Old 10-11-2013   #231
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this idea that other QB's can audible to any play is false. It's always going to be limited by formation and personnel. Further, I'm not sure I'd trust -everyone on the team- to be able to hear and process the full playcall from being lined up at the line of scrimmage.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #232
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I think this idea that other QB's can audible to any play is false. It's always going to be limited by formation and personnel. Further, I'm not sure I'd trust -everyone on the team- to be able to hear and process the full playcall from being lined up at the line of scrimmage.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, it's just stage two denial at this point if you don't see that the texans don't have as much freedom in the audibling system as some other teams.

Our system is more of a check with me system without actually looking at the coach. It's a step above that. Instead of the coach assessing the defensive formation, like you'll see with college teams you give that responsibility to the qb. He's either going play 1 or play 2. That's it.

It's pretty well documented at this point how our audibling system works.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read