Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2013   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watt Reacts to Loss

All I noticed is it sure takes a lot of lighter fluid to to see Schaub on fire.

Even his shirts have a hard time catching fire!
Old 10-03-2013   #42
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Schaub a Locker-room Cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Not sure about locker room but he is clearly an on field cancer.
sarcasm? go into this a little bit and explain why you think so. i kinda like the fact that you can see it hurts him to lose. im still star struck by watts play, so not looking to bash you, but want to know why you think hes a cancer.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #43
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
sarcasm? go into this a little bit and explain why you think so. i kinda like the fact that you can see it hurts him to lose. im still star struck by watts play, so not looking to bash you, but want to know why you think hes a cancer.
I'm pretty sure he meant Watt is a cancer for the other team.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He's talking about Schaub.

Look at the title on his post. That was the original title of the thread. Looks like the thread has been through 2 name changes and a merge.

Context clues guys
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #45
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think he is talking about Watt.

However...

While I love Watt's play, I am sick of the finger wag. You are doing your damn job, stop celebrating. To be fair, I hate all "look at me" celebrations, no matter who does them or for what reason.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #46
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish people would understand the definition of what a locker room cancer is. Schaub in no way, shape or form is a locker room cancer. Not even a milla fraction of a chance.

A locker room cancer is someone who is a distraction to his team and teammates for his own personal gain, ie: Terrell Ownes and his circus. Who takes the spotlight off the team and shines it upon themselves for their personal agenda....

when has Schaub EVER done this?

Sadly the only time I ever seen the media develop a locker room cancer was the whole Tebow fiasco. The media ended up making Tebow a locker room cancer when Tebow was just trying to be a teammate...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I don't think he is talking about Watt.

However...

While I love Watt's play, I am sick of the finger wag. You are doing your damn job, stop celebrating. To be fair, I hate all "look at me" celebrations, no matter who does them or for what reason.
Not taking away from your opinion, but watts celebration is harmless and fun. This is entertainment.

These are memories that are engrained in people's minds. There are people that probably finger wag with him when he makes plays. In the stadium, at home...listening on the radio...same with Antonio's deal.

These are the fun moments that most people will remember. It's a quick signature celebration. Not some over the top planned non sense.
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2013   #48
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He's talking about Schaub.

Look at the title on his post. That was the original title of the thread. Looks like the thread has been through 2 name changes and a merge.

Context clues guys
oh got it. hes talking about schaub. title was changed when i posted.lol. i was seriously wondering what was going on.
Old 10-03-2013   #49
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Not taking away from your opinion, but watts celebration is harmless and fun. This is entertainment.

These are memories that are engrained in people's minds. There are people that probably finger wag with him when he makes plays. In the stadium, at home...listening on the radio...same with Antonio's deal.

These are the fun moments that most people will remember. It's a quick signature celebration. Not some over the top planned non sense.
Yeah, I get that some people like it. I just happen to dislike it (and Smith's celebration as well). Why do players need signature celebrations? Its a team sport.

It wont change, so I realize that I am shouting into the wind.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #50
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Yeah, I get that some people like it. I just happen to dislike it (and Smith's celebration as well). Why do players need signature celebrations? Its a team sport.

It wont change, so I realize that I am shouting into the wind.
everyone seems to have one now. did u guys see mercilus? wasnt he eating out of a fake bowl?
Old 10-03-2013   #51
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
everyone seems to have one now. did u guys see mercilus? wasnt he eating out of a fake bowl?
Big dogs gotta eat.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #52
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The finger wave is JJ Watt's signature move, for entertainment & marketing purposes only

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
All I noticed is it sure takes a lot of lighter fluid to to see Schaub on fire.

Even his shirts have a hard time catching fire!
That's funny right there, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #54
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

(on if he still has the anger that he had after the loss to Seattle) “I have a lot of anger, man.”

(on if it bothers him that fans are treating QB Matt Schaub the way they are) “In this locker room, we’re behind him. That’s all that matters. We’re going to go out there on the field, and we trust him and he trusts us, as one football team like I said on Sunday. No one player is going to win or lose you a football game. We need to go out there as a football team and win games. That’s what it comes down to.”

(on how hurtful is it when the fans turn on the team like they’ve done) “That’s fine. I’ve been booed here before. I know what it feels like to be booed here. You win a couple of football games and everybody is back on your side. The NFL is a ‘what have you done for me lately’ business. We understand that. We’re not little kids. Our feelings aren’t going to get hurt. We’re adults. We’re going to go out there and we’re going to win football games. We’re going to get the fans back on our side. That’s fine. You pay for the tickets, I understand. You pay for the jerseys, I understand. You want to see wins. Everybody wants to see wins. I don’t like losing. We’re going to go out there and we’re going to win football games and y’all can cheer for us again.”

(on if having a top 5 offense and defense makes it more frustrating that they’re 2-2) “It doesn’t matter how the ‘L’ gets put in the column, it’s frustrating. Like I said, we’re past all that. We’re focused on this week. We’ve got a great challenge ahead and we’re really excited about it.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think that was Dj Swearinger. Merci had his arms up, like GOAT.
Old 10-03-2013   #56
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
(on if he still has the anger that he had after the loss to Seattle) “I have a lot of anger, man.”

(on if it bothers him that fans are treating QB Matt Schaub the way they are) “In this locker room, we’re behind him. That’s all that matters. We’re going to go out there on the field, and we trust him and he trusts us, as one football team like I said on Sunday. No one player is going to win or lose you a football game. We need to go out there as a football team and win games. That’s what it comes down to.”

(on how hurtful is it when the fans turn on the team like they’ve done) “That’s fine. I’ve been booed here before. I know what it feels like to be booed here. You win a couple of football games and everybody is back on your side. The NFL is a ‘what have you done for me lately’ business. We understand that. We’re not little kids. Our feelings aren’t going to get hurt. We’re adults. We’re going to go out there and we’re going to win football games. We’re going to get the fans back on our side. That’s fine. You pay for the tickets, I understand. You pay for the jerseys, I understand. You want to see wins. Everybody wants to see wins. I don’t like losing. We’re going to go out there and we’re going to win football games and y’all can cheer for us again.”

(on if having a top 5 offense and defense makes it more frustrating that they’re 2-2) “It doesn’t matter how the ‘L’ gets put in the column, it’s frustrating. Like I said, we’re past all that. We’re focused on this week. We’ve got a great challenge ahead and we’re really excited about it.”
That guy always says the right thing. He's a publicists dream!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Sounds like watt is still a bit bitter about being booed here when we drafted him.
Old 10-04-2013   #58
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

I think many of you can learn something from what JJ said about supporting Schaub. I know some of you will say it is just lip service, and he really feels the same way about Schaub as you do, but that just shows your arrogance. Watt does not strike me as a lip service kind of guy. Watt knows it's a team game and that you win together and you lose together, and never blame it on one guy. Sadly many of you do not get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think that was Dj Swearinger. Merci had his arms up, like GOAT.
All I remember Mercilus doing was blowing kisses. As far as Watt's signature. I remember this guy named Dikembe Mutombo who used to do that. You may have heard of him.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read