Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #21
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem OT penalty question

Since we're talking penalties, how about the helmet to helmet on Schaub on our last drive that was missed and would've kept the drive alive...oh well.
Old 09-30-2013   #22
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, when you suplex a guy to the ground after the whistle goes, and have stopped his forward progress, what the hell did he expect? It was a selfish as hell play.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Seriously, when you suplex a guy to the ground after the whistle goes, and have stopped his forward progress, what the hell did he expect? It was a selfish as hell play.
Do you know, for a fact, that the whistle had blown? Why was the WR still fighting to get away and get more yards? Neither one of them heard the whistle?

I'm not too butt hurt with this penalty. The timing couldn't have been worse, but it's no where near as boneheaded as taunting or illegal formations(those drive me nucking futs) or other dead ball fouls. Look at how those kinds of penalties helped cost us a game last week.

I agree with others that are wondering where his help was.
Old 09-30-2013   #24
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Do you know, for a fact, that the whistle had blown? Why was the WR still fighting to get away and get more yards? Neither one of them heard the whistle?

I'm not too butt hurt with this penalty. The timing couldn't have been worse, but it's no where near as boneheaded as taunting or illegal formations(those drive me nucking futs) or other dead ball fouls. Look at how those kinds of penalties helped cost us a game last week.

I agree with others that are wondering where his help was.
I just watched it again at work (I work for an all sports network, so I kinda have the advantage here) and the whistle clearly goes, and he does it anyways. It was a stupid stupid selfish decision. Wasnt the reason they lost, but it didn't help.

Old 09-30-2013   #25
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Dumb play by a dumb player. That's all it was.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I just watched it again at work (I work for an all sports network, so I kinda have the advantage here) and the whistle clearly goes, and he does it anyways. It was a stupid stupid selfish decision. Wasnt the reason they lost, but it didn't help.
I only have the Fox broadcast that was aired locally, but I've watched that play several times listening for the whistle. There's no whistle that the viewers at home can hear. Regardless, I still wish Goodell would get tackled like that.
Old 09-30-2013   #27
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I only have the Fox broadcast that was aired locally, but I've watched that play several times listening for the whistle. There's no whistle that the viewers at home can hear. Regardless, I still wish Goodell would get tackled like that.
I'm pretty neutral here...it was a fkn stupid play by Jackson. Completely needless. The play was over, move on, stop 'em and pray Schaub wakes up.

Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013   #28
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 24558 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't cush did a double leg takedown on Lynch, effectively lifting him up from the ground and slamming/spearing him to the ground on that fumble tackle? Worthy of penalty?
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #29
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even with Schaub's pick 6 this topic concerning KJ's penalty doesn't happen if the helmet to helmet hit on Schaub was flagged (and it should've been).
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Didn't cush did a double leg takedown on Lynch, effectively lifting him up from the ground and slamming/spearing him to the ground on that fumble tackle? Worthy of penalty?
Cush was making a textbook tackle. He hit, wrapped up and finished the play. All of the motion was in the context of a tackle. Nothing to see here but a perfectly executed tackle.
Old 09-30-2013   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

A Dolphins defender just suplexed Sproles and wasn't called for a penalty. Picked him up and slammed him.
Old 09-30-2013   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A Dolphins defender just suplexed Sproles and wasn't called for a penalty. Picked him up and slammed him.
Yep. Just saw it too. Same damn tackle. No flag.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #33
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

The nfl becomes more and more like the NBA, as it continues to pile on more judgment calls or the officials. Not good!... I mean, not good for the NFL... The game winning drive was built around two roughness penalties- both new rules and both questionable and demanding split second judgment by the refs.
Old 09-30-2013   #34
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I saw seahawks do the same to AJ and Tate earlier in the game the EXACT same way. BULL ISHT penalty IMHO.
I agree. Just how I understood them explaining it.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #35
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Since we're talking penalties, how about the helmet to helmet on Schaub on our last drive that was missed and would've kept the drive alive...oh well.
EXACTLY! Schaub was actually struck to the head twice on that last drive before OT. I was screaming at my TV for it to be called, but I guess the refs didn't hear me.

This resulted in a sack and 10 yard loss. Texans were also penalized for illegal formation on this play, so not sure if the penalties would have been offsetting or not? At worse, should have been 1st & 10 at the SEA 49 again, instead of 2nd & 20 at HOU 41. Hell, even Schaub's helmet was knocked off on this hit. You would have thought that would signal a hit to the head to the refs!?

This one was worse than the first one. Would have been 1st down at the Seattle 28. So yes, already in field goal position.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
EXACTLY! Schaub was actually struck to the head twice on that last drive before OT. I was screaming at my TV for it to be called, but I guess the refs didn't hear me.
I really do feel sorry for the guy. No doubt about it he took a beating yesterday. But he threw two interceptions yesterday & only one of them was under duress.

These hits look like they could be used to say he suffered a concussion. Hold him out of the game next week. "Bench" him without benching him, say he's "hurt" without him being "hurt"

Old 10-01-2013   #37
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post

This resulted in a sack and 10 yard loss. Texans were also penalized for illegal formation on this play, so not sure if the penalties would have been offsetting or not? At worse, should have been 1st & 10 at the SEA 49 again, instead of 2nd & 20 at HOU 41. Hell, even Schaub's helmet was knocked off on this hit. You would have thought that would signal a hit to the head to the refs!?

This one was worse than the first one. Would have been 1st down at the Seattle 28. So yes, already in field goal position.
So how come Schaub is not going through the concussion protocol?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #38
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116764 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTF!!!!! That was b.s.
Old 10-01-2013   #39
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Kareem OT penalty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I didn't hear the whistle either; even though I went up close to the tv. That said, if it is in the rules , so be it. I don't blame Jackson, though. There are dirtier players in the league tan him. As others have said, where was his help tackling when the guy was clearly fighting for extra yards. I find some guys watch when one guy is making a tackle, though; OL then pushes the running back for extra yardage.
Old 10-01-2013   #40
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
So how come Schaub is not going through the concussion protocol?
WTF does that have to do with anything? Getting hit in the head is prohibited due to risk of concussion. That isn't the same as every time a QB gets hit they have a concussion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read