Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #21
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre doesn't care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
As I've said before, yes, it was a bone head penalty but would've never even happened if we weren't Schaub-ed

Agreed. I was always on the fence when it came to Schaub. I was mostly neutral when it came to Schaub threads. That said, I haven't just fallen from the fence, I've fallen head first on the side of anti-Schaub.

*Side note: I've felt sorry for AJ in the past for being stuck with teams that did nothing. But, he's had plenty of chances to bail since his rookie deal. Good dude, great player, but no longer can feel sorry for him.

Of course it wouldnt have happened if we were Schaubed. The pick 6 might not have happened if Tate didnt fumble. You can play the what if game all day long but the fact remains those things did happen and one isnt excusable because of the other
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Of course it wouldnt have happened if we were Schaubed. The pick 6 might not have happened if Tate didnt fumble. You can play the what if game all day long but the fact remains those things did happen and one isnt excusable because of the other
Not sure how Tate's fumble ties into the pick 6. Tate fumbled in the 3rd. Pick 6 was in the 4th.
Old 09-30-2013   #23
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Not sure how Tate's fumble ties into the pick 6. Tate fumbled in the 3rd. Pick 6 was in the 4th.

If you change one thing in the past it certainly changes everything after that. Outside of that the facts remain tate fumbled, Schaub threw a terrible pick 6 and KJ had a bonehead penalty. You cant blame tate for Schaub's int anymore than you can blame schaub for KJ. They all messed up
Old 09-30-2013   #24
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you change one thing in the past it certainly changes everything after that. Outside of that the facts remain tate fumbled, Schaub threw a terrible pick 6 and KJ had a bonehead penalty. You cant blame tate for Schaub's int anymore than you can blame schaub for KJ. They all messed up
But you could say Schaub has thrown at least 1 pick in each of the last 6 consecutive games (From Bengals in the playoffs to Seattle). Tate wouldn't even have the chance to fumble again if he made that many turnovers.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #25
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
But you could say Schaub has thrown at least 1 pick in each of the last 6 consecutive games (From Bengals in the playoffs to Seattle). Tate wouldn't even have the chance to fumble again if he made that many turnovers.

really irrelevant to a course of events that has already occured
Old 09-30-2013   #26
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone ever boos Andre (especially for this...) throw them out of Reliant and ban them for good.
Old 09-30-2013   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me in the lot that doesn't mind Andre saying what he said. Andre can think what he wants and that's fine.

His and my understanding is he plays great football and the Texans win on Sunday and I'm happy. That's about it.

The only thing I wouldn't want is if he started going all Lance Berkman and spoke up about everything. That sort of thing I could live without, but AJ doesn't worry me in that respect.
Old 09-30-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
QBs are different and will almost always have a longer leash than RBs. Tate is a backup so his leash is shorter. Foster wouldn't get benched for as long. Also the talent drop off from #1 to #2 is usually bigger at QB than RB. Plus RB fumbles are much rarer than INTs. The most for a RB last year was 5. 19 was the top for QBs (Brees) and he added 5 fumbles. Brees had INTs in 12 games in a row a couple seasons ago.
Old 09-30-2013   #29
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Might as well throw Pleasant in there too. I think he had two penalties with a big one on the last drive.
Old 09-30-2013   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Andre is a team player. He's never going to say anything that undermines his coaches and offense. That has always been his nature and I am not at all surprised by his current attitude.

I have little doubt, though, that he's got his own thoughts on the Schaub failure. But, he's never going to say it. And why should he? It would destroy any and all hope that is left in this season if THE Houston Texan were to reveal that it's a lost cause.

Besides, he is right about fans. I stayed to 0:00 of every home game of the 2-14 season (not bragging, I was just stupid that way), and there were less than 5,000 fans in the stadium by the end of some of those games. This is a "rabid football town" when there is a good football team to support. Otherwise, let's not delude ourselves. Houston is about as frontrunner and fairweather as it gets for all the local sports teams. That's not a judgment, but just the way it is in H-town.

The season is far from over. Yeah, lots to worry and bitch about. But it's only four games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played. This team can win games IF PLAYERS STOP MAKING BONEHEADED MISTAKES. Not just Schaub. What the eff was Jackson doing with that personal foul in OT??! Just stupid, stupid, stupid among many of them right now.

But it's not insurmountable. The talent is there, and Andre Johnson knows it. They are circling the wagons - as they should - and hopefully they have the character and grit to turn this media and fan pressure into something positive.

I've given up on Schaub, but I'm not giving up on the team. And neither should A.J.
QFT!! Not just the bolded (I happen to especially like that part) but all of it.
unfortunately, MSR.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #31
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I feel bad for AJ. His NFL career has included David Carr and Matt Schaub. What did he ever do to deserve that?
His bank account says he'll be ok IMO.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #32
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I was there when we were 2-14 and it was full. Might have been the opposing fans, but it was full.
I was there for every game of 2-14 from beginning to end. It was far from full.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #33
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I hope AJ doesn't like super bowl rings.
Exactly what I thought. Instead of being political I wish he would be straight up like when Schaub didn't pass to him in the redzone yesterday... but Texans love these quiet type players.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #34
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for Andre.

I do not really care what athletes think.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #35
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Disclaimer: This photo does not reflect the opinion or views of this poster.

I just thought it was damn funny!
Old 09-30-2013   #36
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Why should AJ care what we think? We, as fans, often aren't as informed with our opinions as we'd like to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

Disclaimer: This photo does not reflect the opinion or views of this poster.

I just thought it was damn funny!
Hahaha, I just spit Shiner all over my iPhone.
Old 09-30-2013   #37
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ can say anything he wants. He's more than earned that right.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read