Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #1
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre doesn't care what you think

Link

Can't say I blame him.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #2
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre doesn't care what you think

Quote:
It's probably a good thing that Johnson doesn't really 'care about what fans think' because some might not like him after reading his comments and some might even boo him. Although they might not boo him because he's the Texans leading receiver. Johnson led all players in the game on Sunday with nine catches for 110 yards

any fan that cares that andre doesnt care what fans think are idiots
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #3
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I hope AJ doesn't like super bowl rings.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #4
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post

because caring what fans think would get him one or more?
Old 09-30-2013   #5
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
because caring what fans think would get him one or more?
Lol, no. Because he won't sniff one with the combination of Schaub and Kubiak. I wish AJ all the success in the world but it's not happening with this regime.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I think it matters more to him than it does to us if we ever get a ring. If he thinks we need to sTFU & roll with Matt....

Well, I don't care what Aj thinks.

Actually I understood what he said when he said it.
Old 09-30-2013   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel bad for AJ. His NFL career has included David Carr and Matt Schaub. What did he ever do to deserve that?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre is probably just pissed because he's beginning to fully realize now his wagon is hitched to the wrong horse. He ain't getting a super bowl ring with Kubiak in charge and Schwab as his QB.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #9
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess we should start calling AJ the Honey Badger.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

That's good...b/c to me it says he's committed to the franchise & he understands how fickle fans can be when things are going well...true class act.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #11
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Johnson
I've been here when it was 2-14 and there was hardly anybody in the stands
I was there when we were 2-14 and it was full. Might have been the opposing fans, but it was full.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I don't care that AJ doesn't care what I think. One of the many things we all love about AJ is that he shuts the F up and plays his ass off. He can keep on doing that.
Old 09-30-2013   #13
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
That's good...b/c to me it says he's committed to the franchise & he understands how fickle fans can be when things are going well...true class act.

yup someone get is
Old 09-30-2013   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I feel bad for AJ. His NFL career has included David Carr and Matt Schaub. What did he ever do to deserve that?
lots of great players dont get a ring...

people keep saying what you say..but AJ has had some great seasons with those guys...& its likely not going to affect his HOF candidacy.......if anything it enhances it. apart from that he fulfills just about all the criteria.....oh yeah, there's that whole getting paid millions of dollars to play a game thing too.
Old 09-30-2013   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre is a team player. He's never going to say anything that undermines his coaches and offense. That has always been his nature and I am not at all surprised by his current attitude.

I have little doubt, though, that he's got his own thoughts on the Schaub failure. But, he's never going to say it. And why should he? It would destroy any and all hope that is left in this season if THE Houston Texan were to reveal that it's a lost cause.

Besides, he is right about fans. I stayed to 0:00 of every home game of the 2-14 season (not bragging, I was just stupid that way), and there were less than 5,000 fans in the stadium by the end of some of those games. This is a "rabid football town" when there is a good football team to support. Otherwise, let's not delude ourselves. Houston is about as frontrunner and fairweather as it gets for all the local sports teams. That's not a judgment, but just the way it is in H-town.

The season is far from over. Yeah, lots to worry and bitch about. But it's only four games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played. This team can win games IF PLAYERS STOP MAKING BONEHEADED MISTAKES. Not just Schaub. What the eff was Jackson doing with that personal foul in OT??! Just stupid, stupid, stupid among many of them right now.

But it's not insurmountable. The talent is there, and Andre Johnson knows it. They are circling the wagons - as they should - and hopefully they have the character and grit to turn this media and fan pressure into something positive.

I've given up on Schaub, but I'm not giving up on the team. And neither should A.J.
Old 09-30-2013   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I was there when we were 2-14 and it was full. Might have been the opposing fans, but it was full.
That is what I was thinking. Sure, there were empty seats but nothing like Jacksonville. The games always sold out and yeah, the tailgating atmosphere helped that.

That said, football is entertainment and most people are not "entertained" by watching their team continually lose.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Andre is a team player. He's never going to say anything that undermines his coaches and offense. That has always been his nature and I am not at all surprised by his current attitude.

I have little doubt, though, that he's got his own thoughts on the Schaub failure. But, he's never going to say it. And why should he? It would destroy any and all hope that is left in this season if THE Houston Texan were to reveal that it's a lost cause.

Besides, he is right about fans. I stayed to 0:00 of every home game of the 2-14 season (not bragging, I was just stupid that way), and there were less than 5,000 fans in the stadium by the end of some of those games. This is a "rabid football town" when there is a good football team to support. Otherwise, let's not delude ourselves. Houston is about as frontrunner and fairweather as it gets for all the local sports teams. That's not a judgment, but just the way it is in H-town.

The season is far from over. Yeah, lots to worry and bitch about. But it's only four games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played. This team can win games IF PLAYERS STOP MAKING BONEHEADED MISTAKES. Not just Schaub. What the eff was Jackson doing with that personal foul in OT??! Just stupid, stupid, stupid among many of them right now.

But it's not insurmountable. The talent is there, and Andre Johnson knows it. They are circling the wagons - as they should - and hopefully they have the character and grit to turn this media and fan pressure into something positive.

I've given up on Schaub, but I'm not giving up on the team. And neither should A.J.
As usual, good post DB..MSR. People forget that AJ played with weak armed immobile ass Ken Dorsey at Miami & they won it all.
Old 09-30-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I bought my PSL & tickets in 2006. I remember that year, I could sit anywhere I wanted..... When the season started, I didn't ever sit in my seat. By the end of the season I had to start in my seat, but end the game sitting at field level.
Old 09-30-2013   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ has been here since the beginning. He's seen the worst, seen "his house" get taken over by Saints, Cowboys, and Titans fans, and seen one of the biggest bandwagon fanbases in football grow and contract over the years. He also saw what happened to David Carr.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

As I've said before, yes, it was a bone head penalty but would've never even happened if we weren't Schaub-ed

Agreed. I was always on the fence when it came to Schaub. I was mostly neutral when it came to Schaub threads. That said, I haven't just fallen from the fence, I've fallen head first on the side of anti-Schaub.

*Side note: I've felt sorry for AJ in the past for being stuck with teams that did nothing. But, he's had plenty of chances to bail since his rookie deal. Good dude, great player, but no longer can feel sorry for him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read