Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #121
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: W-L the rest of the way

I need to know who the qb is. I think with Schaub, we won't make the play offs. Yates or keenum, I don't know but at this point I feel a bit more optimistic with keenum. The unknown factor and I just feel like he's the best distributor on the team.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #122
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Sometimes I need a sarcasm sign
I don't know if it is because english is not my first language or because on this forum sometimes people write the most weird things and mean them.

anyway, I think we have seen a lot of weird things in football, keenum pulling a Kaepernick is not even THAT weird.

"keenum pulling a Kaepernick and then being traded away", on the other hand, is something I would find weird enough to be possible :|
i would put in more down to this
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #123
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3089 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Was thinking about it, and it's very possible to get back in the mix of things..

Colts play the Denver Jugganuts next week.. which will most likely put them at 4-3

We both play each other after the bye at HOME..

If we could pull that off, than we'll have a tied record at 4-4 (we'll be #1 in division due to tiebreaker tho).

That will put us back on the right direction, with ARZ, OAK, and JAC following after.

It all start this Sunday (biggest game in franchise hist??). AFCS winner could get in the playoff NFCE style.

our 2nd game against Indy could very well be the deciding factor for the AFCS title.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #124
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

That scenario seems nice, but there is no way I can pick this team to win a single game until I see them play better. The way they are playing right now makes me believe they couldnt beat the Jags. The entire team seems to have lost their confidence in someone or possibly the entire team as evidence by the "sprung leaks everywhere" comments by Gary.

But I guess looking at the schedule in quarters we can try and get back to 4 and 4, then reevaluate the situation. @KC and vsIND, lets see where it takes us.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
If we could pull that off, than we'll have a tied record at 4-4 (we'll be #1 in division due to tiebreaker tho).

That will put us back on the right direction, with ARZ, OAK, and JAC following after.

It all start this Sunday (biggest game in franchise hist??). AFCS winner could get in the playoff NFCE style.

our 2nd game against Indy could very well be the deciding factor for the AFCS title.
Right now, W-Ls don't matter. Hasn't mattered since week 1. These guys are playing like crap, so even if we somehow beat KC & Indy.... mathematically we may be in it, but there won't be any confidence in this team going forward.

They need to play up to what we believe they're capable of playing. Otherwise, we've got to come to the realization that they aren't as good as we think they are & start looking forward to the offseason.

Some of us are already there & for all we know..... from what we've been seeing on the field, they may very well be right.

I'm trying to stay positive, I'm drinking the koolaid, but I'm not oblivious to reality. We need the win, but more importantly we need to play well.
Old 10-16-2013   #126
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Was thinking about it, and it's very possible to get back in the mix of things..

Colts play the Denver Jugganuts next week.. which will most likely put them at 4-3

We both play each other after the bye at HOME..

While this is true and we still have a chance folks seem to bypass the rest of the schedule. Sure the Colts lost to the Chargers and now have the Broncos who should be pissed after Jim Irsay idiotic comments. At the same time check the rest of their schedule. There isn't one team they don't match up well against. Their two toughest opponents will be the Chiefs and Bengals who they should be able to hang with in a competitive game. Look what the Colts have after the Broncos:

@Houston, St. Louis, @Titans, @Cards, Titans, @Kitty Cats, Houston, @Chiefs, Jags.

Meanwhile our toughest two? The Broncos and Patriots. After this week we have a tougher road to travel than they do. So yeah we can be right back in it in a few weeks. Question is down the road because ours gets more rough while theirs will be a bunch of competitive games but none where you are certain they will lose. Any ready to the mortgage on us beating the Pats (who should have Gronk back by then) and the Broncos?

This team will have to do a complete 180 from how they are playing to accomplish this. Possible? Yes. Likely? Not really. So I'll just hope for the best but not raising my expectations. I did that this season and so far have been burned horribly for it. Not giving in as I'll cheer every Sunday but I'm not looking at any game and saying 'That's a win!' Especially not after the Rams came into our building and beat the living ******* out of us.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #127
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Right now, W-Ls don't matter. Hasn't mattered since week 1. These guys are playing like crap, so even if we somehow beat KC & Indy.... mathematically we may be in it, but there won't be any confidence in this team going forward.

They need to play up to what we believe they're capable of playing. Otherwise, we've got to come to the realization that they aren't as good as we think they are & start looking forward to the offseason.

Some of us are already there & for all we know..... from what we've been seeing on the field, they may very well be right.

I'm trying to stay positive, I'm drinking the koolaid, but I'm not oblivious to reality. We need the win, but more importantly we need to play well.
I'm not there yet if they change QBs. Even if they switch to Yates, I think he can be stable enough for the rest of the team to rally behind. But yeah, if the QB position is FUBAR, this team is done. KC isn't a team to run out and put up 30 on someone, so we'll see how this game goes. If the Texans hold themselves to 7 or fewer points in the first half again and find a way to gift the Chiefs some points, then I won't have any hope for the Colts game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read