Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2013   #101
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: W-L the rest of the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
IDK I just don't fear indy like some of yall do I really do think Matchup wise they don't match up well with the Texans

I know paper don't mean **** but on paper The Texans have a better team from top 2 bottom
That is true against all 31 other NFL teams. Yet we have that one, teeny tiny issue at the most critical position...
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #102
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Based on the way the team is currently playing...

Week 6 vs Rams Win
I think Kubiak runs it a lot against the Rams. While Fisher is the coach, the Rams D has not been spectacular. Texans get the win at home.

Week 7 at Chiefs Lose
Kubiak tries the same approach of running a lot, but finds it nearly impossible against the Stout Chiefs Defense. In the end, a special teams blunder dooms the Texans.

Week 8- bye
The Texans move into the bye week at 3-4

Week 9 vs Colts Lose
This may be where the QB change happens. That said, the OL MUST do a better job. Mathis has been on fire. Hilton and Fleener have been having great years and Luck has led his team back several times. If this is Yates' first start, it may be just too much to handle.

Week 10 at Cardinals Win
The Cardinals are struggling. Their D needs work and the Offense hasn't been a legit threat. I think the Texans can do enough to get the W.

Week 11 vs Raiders Lose
Every year the Texans manage to drop a game against a team you wouldn't expect them to lose to. Also for whatever reason, the games against the Raiders end up being tough. I think it comes down to fgs and Janikowski boots a 48+yarder to seal the game for the boys in black and gray.

Week 12 vs Jags Win
The Jags are a mess. They lost their LT in Joeckl and dont have a lot of options. Plus they have Gabbert who is essentially the only starting QB worse than Schaub right now.

Week 13 vs Pats Lose
Yes, the Pats have struggled, but at their current level, they could still slice up the Texans D. Brady can dink and dunk with the best of them.

Week 14 at Jags Win
See Week 12. Unless Gabbert is replaced, I will pick the Texans.

Week 15 at Colts Lose
The Texans have NEVER won in Indy. Nothing has changed yet to alter my mindset on that one.

Week 16 vs Broncos Lose
The Broncos offense is ridiculous and will likely put up 30+. Can the Texans offense respond? Sadly I don't think so. Not this year.

Week 17 at Titans Lose
The Texans needed a miracle to beat the Titans at home. The Titans will be fighting hard for a playoff spot and the Texans will be wrapping it up. He who is hungry beats he who wants to start his vacation.

Overall Final Record: 6-10
Man I would hate to have such little faith in my team, must suck.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
We're fans of btch'n
Old 10-13-2013   #104
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

HOU @ KC
Bye
IND @ HOU
HOU @ ARI - We suck against the NFCW this year
OAK @ HOU - Scramble QBs gives us fits
JAC @ HOU
NE @ HOU
HOU @ JAC (NFLN) - We suck on during prime time
HOU @ IND
DEN @ HOU - Could be a win if they're resting their starters
HOU @ TEN

The only game we ever competed well in was against the Seahawks.

We were getting blown out in our first two game, and our Superbowl-aspired team rallied to come back in those two games. Now our entire team knows we're **** due suck-o QB leeching the energy out of them. Today we saw our entire team play down to the level that their QB has been at for the last couple of weeks.

If we got handled against the Rams at HOME, then I can't really see any other team we can beat beside the Jags.

We're this year's Lions.. but minus the franchise QB.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's time for a "biggest game in Texans history"

We usually do good in those.
Old 10-13-2013   #106
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

At the rate they are going , they beat the Jags twice and should handle the Cards and Raiders . KC , Colts x2 , Pats , and Denver should be losses . I wouldn't bet on them in Nashville either .

That gives you 6 and 10 .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #107
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
You know what sucks worse? Having that lack of faith validated by the team.
Old 10-14-2013   #108
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The good news for Kubiak is that a 6-10 record would give him a 65-63 regular season record. A winning record.

In the unlikely event the Texans go 5-11 he ends up at 64-64. A non-losing record.

It's too bad Corey Bradford already had the nickname fifty-fifty.
Old 10-14-2013   #109
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
At the rate they are going , they beat the Jags twice and should handle the Cards and Raiders . KC , Colts x2 , Pats , and Denver should be losses . I wouldn't bet on them in Nashville either .

That gives you 6 and 10 .
So glad now that the Rams are off this list of teams we should handle
Old 10-14-2013   #110
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

@Chiefs: Loss

Colts: Loss

@Cards: Win

Raiders: Win

Jags: Win

Patriots: Loss

@Jags: Loss

@Colts: Loss

Broncos: Loss

@Tacks: Loss

Predicting 5-11
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #111
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I was predicting 7-9, with one of the dubya's being the Rams, looks like 6-10 now.
Old 10-14-2013   #112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

@Chiefs: Win

Colts: Wom

@Cards: Win

Raiders: Win

Jags: Win

Patriots: Win

@Jags: Win

@Colts: Loss

Broncos: Win

@Tacks: Win

11-5
Old 10-14-2013   #113
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know being a Texans fan does suck right now.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #114
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we beat the chiefs :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #115
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are 6 games into the season. They have played terrible. Hopefully they have played their 6 worst games of the year. They are only 2 games back in the division so who cares if they are 2-4 or 4-2. A win next week vs the Chiefs with a Colts loss vs the Broncos and they are only 1 game back. If they can take care of the 5 division games and win 3 of the remaining 5 (Chiefs, Cards, Raiders, Pats & Broncos) there's still a chance of winning the division. Colts still have 2 games each against the Texans and Titans. Colts non-division games left are Broncos, Rams, Cards, Bengals & Chiefs. I can see a few losses there. The Texans are not out of it yet.
Old 10-15-2013   #116
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

we get thumped this week, schuab throws a pick 6

in the first quarter gets pulled at half time yates comes in and plays horribly. Case has the bye week to get ready and then we win all remaining games and keenum is the saviour of Houston.

11-5
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #117
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 44165 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
we get thumped this week, schuab throws a pick 6

in the first quarter gets pulled at half time yates comes in and plays horribly. Case has the bye week to get ready
so you think schaub will start?
If he does start then I think this is a highly likely scenario

Quote:
and then we win all remaining games and keenum is the saviour of Houston.

11-5
well, as much as I would like this to be true, I won't put much hope on it.

seeing case on the field will be enough for me, not because I hate the other options but because I want to see how he really is in regular season.

Then we can start arguing which is the better, untill then there's no point in argue. We have seen a lot of Schaub, something of TJ and nothing of case.

I don't think TJ will be more than a #2, ofc I could be wrong.

I really want to see how keenum plays
Old 10-15-2013   #118
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
so you think schaub will start?
If he does start then I think this is a highly likely scenario

well, as much as I would like this to be true, I won't put much hope on it.

seeing case on the field will be enough for me, not because I hate the other options but because I want to see how he really is in regular season.

Then we can start arguing which is the better, untill then there's no point in argue. We have seen a lot of Schaub, something of TJ and nothing of case.

I don't think TJ will be more than a #2, ofc I could be wrong.

I really want to see how keenum plays
i dont think he starts actually was more a joke. but i agree with you. i dont personally think keenum is the saviour but we need to find out what he has. i like yates but i see him as a career backup nothing more
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #119
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 44165 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i dont think he starts actually was more a joke. but i agree with you. i dont personally think keenum is the saviour but we need to find out what he has. i like yates but i see him as a career backup nothing more
Sometimes I need a sarcasm sign
I don't know if it is because english is not my first language or because on this forum sometimes people write the most weird things and mean them.

anyway, I think we have seen a lot of weird things in football, keenum pulling a Kaepernick is not even THAT weird.

"keenum pulling a Kaepernick and then being traded away", on the other hand, is something I would find weird enough to be possible :|
Old 10-15-2013   #120
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

@Chiefs - L
Colts: L
@Cards: W
Raiders: W
Jags: W
Patriots: L
@Jags: L - I think we find a way to lose one of these games to the Glitter Kitties
@Colts: L
Broncos: L
@Titans: L

5-11

Indicates major ass whoopins.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read