Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #81
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: W-L the rest of the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos W
Week 17 at Titans W

12-4.

Kubiak neuters Schaub a little more than his own limitations allow over the next two games. We're going to be a very run heavy team, Matt won't throw more than 15 times.

We get to the bye, they do what they do.

We try to manage the game with Schaub throwing the ball 20-25 times a game & finish the season 8-1 after the bye.
If we end the season 12-4 I bet we lose @indy and not vs NE
Old 10-08-2013   #82
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans at 8-8, missing the playoffs. And I'm not even sure where those six wins will come from.

Kubiak and Schaub must go.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #83
GoCoogs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

9-7
GoCoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #84
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

9-7
My prediction is the same as this one, but I'm worried about the Titans game. Trying to hang on to some optimism for the season so I'm going with this.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #85
GoCoogs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
My prediction is the same as this one, but I'm worried about the Titans game. Trying to hang on to some optimism for the season so I'm going with this.
Yeah, I went back and forth on the Titans game, but I ended picking the Texans for the same reason you did. I need something to be hopeful about.
GoCoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #86
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I went back and forth on the Titans game, but I ended picking the Texans for the same reason you did. I need something to be hopeful about.
Tell you what, if we can go to the playoffs by winning that game it will be 9-7
otherwise 8-8
Old 10-09-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Texans miss the play-offs

From the Shutdown Corner:

Quote:
Are the Texans and Falcons really finished? They were so good last year.

Matt Schaub is still Houstonís quarterback. Falcons receiver Julio Jones is done for the year. Game over.
To add insult to injury they have the Colts as the #2 seed ahead of the Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs, & Bengals.
Quote:
Is this Colts team for real? After seeing what Tony Romo did to the Broncos, can Andrew Luck beat them in the playoffs?

When a team wins at San Francisco and defeats the Seattle Seahawks, that is as real as it gets. Peyton Manning is putting up incredible numbers this season, but never forget a very important statistic - his playoff record is 9-11. Manning has a Super Bowl ring, but the playoffs have been his weakness. That means Indianapolis has a real shot in the postseason.
Old 10-09-2013   #88
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans miss the play-offs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
From the Shutdown Corner:

To add insult to injury they have the Colts as the #2 seed ahead of the Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs, & Bengals.
If the colts win the Super Bowl this year and we miss the play offs, if Gary and Schaub are back I might seriously consider not rooting for the texans.

Scratch that. If the colts make the AFC championship game I'll consider it. If they even get close to the Super Bowl while we didn't make the play offs, I'm done. Seriously wouldn't be able to root for this team as that would show they are simply too dumb to ever create a winner.

I can handle slow reacting. Stubborn. Loyal.

But I can't continue to root for the same thing expecting different results.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #89
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If the colts win the Super Bowl this year and we miss the play offs, if Gary and Schaub are back I might seriously consider not rooting for the texans.

Scratch that. If the colts make the AFC championship game I'll consider it. If they even get close to the Super Bowl while we didn't make the play offs, I'm done. Seriously wouldn't be able to root for this team as that would show they are simply too dumb to ever create a winner.

sadly this reminded me of that famous einstein quote
Old 10-10-2013   #90
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
its better for the overall health and future of the texans if they missed the playoffs.

missing the playoffs hopefully will mean that schaub is no longer starting qb and we start the process of finding out what we have in keenum or yates then plan accordingly.

the worst thing to happen would be if schaub played well enough to win games and saves his job again for another year.

we have no real future if that happens because there is no future where schaub is going to lead this team to the superbowl.
I don't buy this mindset it in the least.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #91
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the good thing for the Texans is we still have not played the colts yet has long has we beat the colts twice there is a good chance we will win the divison

it really does not matter if the colts beat San fran and Hawks those are NFC teams if they lose to use twice that beats all tie breakers
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
the good thing for the Texans is we still have not played the colts yet has long has we beat the colts twice there is a good chance we will win the divison

it really does not matter if the colts beat San fran and Hawks those are NFC teams if they lose to use twice that beats all tie breakers
did you know Warren Moon was the last Houston QB to beat the Colts in Indy?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #93
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

I think it's more likely the colts sweep us than it is we sweep the colts.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #94
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

9-7
I have nothing to change to this prediction but hope we get a wildcard spot...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #95
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we keep starting Schaub I could see us going 4-12.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #96
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Excellent post. I keep reading people hoping to make the playoffs as a WC. Why? To get embarrassed and shut down in the playoffs then start the SAME CYCLE again next year??

Never forget:

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #97
Sigma
All Pro

I knew we never beat the colts in indy, but I wanted to see the stats in reliant.

turns out in the last 3 years we are 3-0

its 4-7 overall... but still...

I thought we never beat manning, turns out we did it twice in reliant

in 2010 with Schaub and in 2006 with Carr (lol)
Old 10-10-2013   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Excellent post. I keep reading people hoping to make the playoffs as a WC. Why? To get embarrassed and shut down in the playoffs then start the SAME CYCLE again next year??

Never forget:

It wasn't that long ago we criticized the Texans for screwing the first 12 games & finishing strong, when it didn't matter to other teams.

Now, we criticize them for limping through December.

Change is good.
Old 10-10-2013   #99
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on the way the team is currently playing...

Week 6 vs Rams Win
I think Kubiak runs it a lot against the Rams. While Fisher is the coach, the Rams D has not been spectacular. Texans get the win at home.

Week 7 at Chiefs Lose
Kubiak tries the same approach of running a lot, but finds it nearly impossible against the Stout Chiefs Defense. In the end, a special teams blunder dooms the Texans.

Week 8- bye
The Texans move into the bye week at 3-4

Week 9 vs Colts Lose
This may be where the QB change happens. That said, the OL MUST do a better job. Mathis has been on fire. Hilton and Fleener have been having great years and Luck has led his team back several times. If this is Yates' first start, it may be just too much to handle.

Week 10 at Cardinals Win
The Cardinals are struggling. Their D needs work and the Offense hasn't been a legit threat. I think the Texans can do enough to get the W.

Week 11 vs Raiders Lose
Every year the Texans manage to drop a game against a team you wouldn't expect them to lose to. Also for whatever reason, the games against the Raiders end up being tough. I think it comes down to fgs and Janikowski boots a 48+yarder to seal the game for the boys in black and gray.

Week 12 vs Jags Win
The Jags are a mess. They lost their LT in Joeckl and dont have a lot of options. Plus they have Gabbert who is essentially the only starting QB worse than Schaub right now.

Week 13 vs Pats Lose
Yes, the Pats have struggled, but at their current level, they could still slice up the Texans D. Brady can dink and dunk with the best of them.

Week 14 at Jags Win
See Week 12. Unless Gabbert is replaced, I will pick the Texans.

Week 15 at Colts Lose
The Texans have NEVER won in Indy. Nothing has changed yet to alter my mindset on that one.

Week 16 vs Broncos Lose
The Broncos offense is ridiculous and will likely put up 30+. Can the Texans offense respond? Sadly I don't think so. Not this year.

Week 17 at Titans Lose
The Texans needed a miracle to beat the Titans at home. The Titans will be fighting hard for a playoff spot and the Texans will be wrapping it up. He who is hungry beats he who wants to start his vacation.

Overall Final Record: 6-10

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #100
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

IDK I just don't fear indy like some of yall do I really do think Matchup wise they don't match up well with the Texans

I know paper don't mean **** but on paper The Texans have a better team from top 2 bottom
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read