Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2013   #61
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: W-L the rest of the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Seriously though, I think the 49's game will tell the tale of where this season is going to end up. If they can play a solid 4 quarters, win or lose, I'll be much more optimistic than I am right now.
Texans fans have been saying a version of this for years - the game after a "bad" loss will define the team. At some point, the frequent bad losses identify the team.

I think this is a mediocre organization. 12-4 is the anomaly, bouncing around .500 (+/- 2 games) is more fitting for the team.
Old 10-01-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Nah, but for real:

Week 1- at Chargers W
Week 2- vs Titans W
Week 3 at Ravens L
Week 4 vs Seahawks L
Week 5 at Niners L
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals L (Daryl Washington scares me [must give schaub nightmares])
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans W

10-6, good enough for a playoff appearance.
I definitely wanted the win there, losing to Baltimore the week before, the Colts beating San Fran the week before & playing the Jags Sunday, really put pressure on us to win.... I think.

Now, In my mind SF is a must win. 2 games back in the division, behind one team much less two is not a good place to be. Luckily neither Indy(Seattle at home) or Tennessee(KC at home) aren't playing push overs.

With that said, I'd like for the Texans to get some quality wins. SF on Sunday night would qualify. But if the 9ers finish 9-7 or whatever (injuries & rehab & what not) we'll look back & say we dam sure should have won that game.

New England & Denver... there won't be any confidence from even the most die-hard that we'll win those games. But if we win those at home in December, I think we'll be at all time high (fan confidence) going into the post season.

Quote:
I worry about Andrew Luck, but I do not fear the Colts.

We better take care of them.
& I think that's how they're getting what they're getting. Focus on Luck, lose the game. That's a good team.
Old 10-06-2013   #63
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You seriously misjudge our defense. We're 9-7 at worst.
Looks like the 49'rs seriously misjudged our defense as well... like I said. 9-7 at best, but I'll still be surprised with anything over 7-9.

A QB that don't get it. A HC that don't get it. A kicker that don't get it.

How anyone can look at the last 10-12 games and think this team is going anywhere soon... I don't get it.
Old 10-07-2013   #64
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
I think we are gonna win our next 3 To go into the bye week 5-2.
Quote:
Seriously though, I think the 49's game will tell the tale of where this season is going to end up.
Tsk, tsk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
You must be the most jaded and pessimistic fan in the NFL if you didn't think they were going to win up until the pick 6.
If I am, it's because I'm capable of being taught. Pattern recognition and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Now, In my mind SF is a must win.
Well ... damn.
Old 10-07-2013   #65
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Going into bye

Texans 4-3

Colts 4 -3

winner of the MNF or SNF I forget will get a head start in the Divison race

TEXANS 5-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #66
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to know what qb we are starting before I think about the results of next game.

If Schaub is the qb I don't think we'll beat the rams.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #67
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3740 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, we just need to get to the playoffs. If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

I hate Schaub as much (probably more) than the next guy. I'm tired of Kubiak's lack of charisma. I'm fed up with Joe Marciano.

But this is our team, and we are still 2-3. We've got games against the Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars x2, and Titans remaining.

And I think we will win vs Indy, and at least one of @KC, vs NE, or vs Denver.

I can easily see us getting 9 or 10 wins and getting to the dance, then who knows what happens.

I hate to break it to you guys, but us going 8-8 or 7-9 isn't getting Kubes fired, and isn't getting us a top pick / franchise QB. So lets just support our Texans.

It could be worse...we could be Jacksonville.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2013   #68
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.
And what did the Ravens do to right the ship? People like to bring up the Ravens from last year, but they conveniently forget what the Ravens did to get things back on track. If you think the Texans will do that, you haven't been paying attention.
Old 10-07-2013   #69
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I need to know what qb we are starting before I think about the results of next game.

If Schaub is the qb I don't think we'll beat the rams.
I worry about this game.

Rams play FAST, and Jeff Fisher knows Kubiak quite well.

I can't believe it has come to this... Worrying about the Rams... sheesh
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #70
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And what did the Ravens do to right the ship? People like to bring up the Ravens from last year, but they conveniently forget what the Ravens did to get things back on track. If you think the Texans will do that, you haven't been paying attention.
Great point, I think the other Super Bowl team made a bold move last season too.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #71
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I worry about this game.

Rams play FAST, and Jeff Fisher knows Kubiak quite well.

I can't believe it has come to this... Worrying about the Rams... sheesh
Well to be fair, I was worried about the rams before the season started.

I never had the confidence in this years team like some people have. I didn't get all of the texans bravado heading into this year...

It's like we swept last year under the rug and just assumed that we'd be better. I have 0 faith in this team to do anything under Matt Schaub. Last year spoke volumes. Not just the losses. Matt was not all that last year. The best game he played was against Denver. In the mild high air. He's never gotten close to that level since.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #72
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I'm looking forward to against the Rams is watching Andre punk that b!tch Innegan one more time. As long as Innegan doesn't get a pick 6 I'll be happy.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #73
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

6-10 if MS plays rest of season
This is based on D playing hard.
Easily could go 5-11.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #74
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders Pick 'em
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #75
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously though, I think the 49's game will tell the tale of where this season is going to end up. If they can play a solid 4 quarters, win or lose, I'll be much more optimistic than I am right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Texans fans have been saying a version of this for years - the game after a "bad" loss will define the team. At some point, the frequent bad losses identify the team.

I think this is a mediocre organization. 12-4 is the anomaly, bouncing around .500 (+/- 2 games) is more fitting for the team.
Sooooooooo.......

Did the 49ers game tell the tale, or is the Rams game now? Anyone?
Old 10-07-2013   #76
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Sooooooooo.......

Did the 49ers game tell the tale, or is the Rams game now? Anyone?
The 49ers game told me all I need to know. This team is a train wreck right now and I think it's all on Schaub. Goodell should invoke the Mercy Rule and make Kubiak bench him.
Old 10-08-2013   #77
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 6 vs Rams L
Week 7 at Chiefs L
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts L
Week 10 at Cardinals L
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts L
Week 16 vs Broncos L
Week 17 at Titans L

5-11. By the way this is WITH Schaub if nothing else changes.
Old 10-08-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos W
Week 17 at Titans W

12-4.

Kubiak neuters Schaub a little more than his own limitations allow over the next two games. We're going to be a very run heavy team, Matt won't throw more than 15 times.

We get to the bye, they do what they do.

We try to manage the game with Schaub throwing the ball 20-25 times a game & finish the season 8-1 after the bye.
Old 10-08-2013   #79
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be surprised by a loss in any week (except for week 8 of course )

But I would definitely be surprised by not having a positive record at the end of the season
Old 10-08-2013   #80
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Week 6 vs Rams W
Week 7 at Chiefs W
Week 8- bye
Week 9 vs Colts W
Week 10 at Cardinals W
Week 11 vs Raiders W
Week 12 vs Jags W
Week 13 vs Pats L
Week 14 at Jags W
Week 15 at Colts W
Week 16 vs Broncos W
Week 17 at Titans W

12-4.

Kubiak neuters Schaub a little more than his own limitations allow over the next two games. We're going to be a very run heavy team, Matt won't throw more than 15 times.

We get to the bye, they do what they do.

We try to manage the game with Schaub throwing the ball 20-25 times a game & finish the season 8-1 after the bye.
No way
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read