Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #21
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: W-L the rest of the way

Guys guys guys, relax. We are going to make the playoffs. We will beat the colts at least once (I think we are the better team).

I'm just focused on the next three games. We must win two of three (@SF, vs STL, @KC) before the bye. If we go into the bye 4-3, I will be supremely confident in our playoff odds.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Guys guys guys, relax. We are going to make the playoffs. We will beat the colts at least once (I think we are the better team).

I'm just focused on the next three games. We must win two of three (@SF, vs STL, @KC) before the bye. If we go into the bye 4-3, I will be supremely confident in our playoff odds.
Better team, sure. However, eventually having a ****ty QB who gives away points on a weekly basis will effect them. Also, eventually it wears on the guys trying to constant bail your sorry ass offense out of the fire. So, you can relax, I am starting to see that we have a huge weakness at one of if not the most important position in the game.

Also, give me a Dilfer. Dilfer had no play-making skills, but he didn't do stupid **** like 8. 8 has next to no play-making skills and makes idiotic JV throws. Yikes.
Old 09-30-2013   #23
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Better team, sure. However, eventually having a ****ty QB who gives away points on a weekly basis will effect them. Also, eventually it wears on the guys trying to constant bail your sorry ass offense out of the fire. So, you can relax, I am starting to see that we have a huge weakness at one of if not the most important position in the game.

Also, give me a Dilfer. Dilfer had no play-making skills, but he didn't do stupid **** like 8. 8 has next to no play-making skills and makes idiotic JV throws. Yikes.
I am ass pissed off as everyone else. I am furious at Schaub. Good news is Duane Brown will come back healthy. I would also like to see Harris move to Right Tackle.

Schaub is who he is, but he is not going to throw a pick six every single week. Its just not going to happen. We may not see one for the rest of the year.

Our Defense is dominant again. And we all know how valuable Cushing is. We lose him, its simply a different defense on the field. He will be back and healthy.

There is still a long season ahead. There is a chance we forget all about this loss 8 weeks from now.

Stinging loss. But this team has no quit. They will fight everyday till the very end. We are not out of the playoffs until we are officially out of the playoffs.

One game at a time people.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #24
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
I have to agree with this.

But....how can anyone envision any more wins with a QB that folds like tissue paper at the "hint" of a tackle.

For some unexplainable reason, Schaub is shell-shocked, and in comparison; at least David Carr took the hits if he wasn't scrambling.
Schaub ain't the only QB that does that "Man, **** this...Y'ALL can get hit; I ain't 'bout that life" stuff when a sack is coming.

Understood the point, but still.
Old 09-30-2013   #25
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I am ass pissed off as everyone else. I am furious at Schaub. Good news is Duane Brown will come back healthy. I would also like to see Harris move to Right Tackle.

Schaub is who he is, but he is not going to throw a pick six every single week. Its just not going to happen. We may not see one for the rest of the year.

Our Defense is dominant again. And we all know how valuable Cushing is. We lose him, its simply a different defense on the field. He will be back and healthy.

There is still a long season ahead. There is a chance we forget all about this loss 8 weeks from now.

Stinging loss. But this team has no quit. They will fight everyday till the very end. We are not out of the playoffs until we are officially out of the playoffs.

One game at a time people.
Point me to a stat that says he wont? 4 in the last 6 games. 4 pick 6's in 6 ********** games.
Old 09-30-2013   #26
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

What's sad is our rallying cry around our QB is that he might not throw a pick 6 every week, we hope.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #27
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 12966 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans need to focus on the very next game and never try to overlook anybody (especially Jacksonville, who BTW almost beat the Texans in Reliant last year). I don't see a team left on the schedule that couldn't and hasn't beaten the Texans. It isn't likely I agree, but it is possible for the Texans to lose out from here. And the sad thing is that nobody extremely important has been lost for the season yet.

My heart says that the Texans will turn it around at some point and start winning games again. However, my mind remembers 2010 and knows that it (losing week after week) has happened before.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013   #28
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Point me to a stat that says he wont? 4 in the last 6 games. 4 pick 6's in 6 ********** games.
Its horrendous, I know. Im not making any excuses for the dude. I cant predict the future and sure there is a chance he throws a pick six every single game for the rest of his career. Its just not likely despite these last six games. Maybe his 40 games before this stretch would be a better sample size for pick sixes? Even the worst qbs in the league would have a hard time continuing this recent trend.
Old 09-30-2013   #29
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
What's sad is our rallying cry around our QB is that he might not throw a pick 6 every week, we hope.
Lol
Old 09-30-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
My heart says that the Texans will turn it around at some point and start winning games again. However, my mind remembers 2010 and knows that it (losing week after week) has happened before.
The worst thing about losing in 2010 was that no one knew what the answer was. We were hopeless & kept doing the same thing week after week & some how found another way to lose.

Several games got down to the last minute with the Texans in the lead & still we managed to lose it.
Old 09-30-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Its horrendous, I know. Im not making any excuses for the dude. I cant predict the future and sure there is a chance he throws a pick six every single game for the rest of his career. Its just not likely despite these last six games. Maybe his 40 games before this stretch would be a better sample size for pick sixes? Even the worst qbs in the league would have a hard time continuing this recent trend.
I honestly don't even care about the pick 6. We didn't score... didn't get close to scoring in the third qtr, the 4th qtr, or OT..... plenty of opportunity & the Texans did not rise to the occasion offensively.
Old 09-30-2013   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.
the way u put no WINS on there or just saying they better not or should not is confusing LOL ive never seen someone do this LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #33
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 142574 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

@49ers: W

Rams: W

@Chiefs: Pick 'Em

Colts: W

@Cards: W

Raiders: W

Jags: W

Patriots: Pick 'Em

@Jags: W

@Colts: W

Broncos: L

@Tacks: Pick 'Em

I figure 8-4 at worst, 11-1 at best

10-6 to 13-3 overall

The team showed it CAN play with the big boys yesterday, and hopefully Kubiak has learned to keep the foot on the gas longer. Schaub is well...pick-a-matic right now. Fix the turnover ratio and the team could be in the AFC championship game.
Old 09-30-2013   #34
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

It's really not that hard to read Norg, but I can understand how that might be challenging for you.
Old 09-30-2013   #35
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for fun I will do the Colts season just to see were are bench mark is cuz locker might miss a few games so yeah titans are done

COLTS

vs Seahawks-LOSS- hawks rock dem boyz

@ SD-LOSS- Rivers is playing good football and SD are hard to beat at home

vs DEN- LOSS- manning beats the breaks off his former team

@HOU- LOSS My goodness this will be our most important game of the year Monday night we better win this game and the fans better be ape **** but u know this will be a WW3 battle since the colts def don't want to lose 4 straight but if there is one thing I know the Texans want 2 do they want to win ""there"" divison again

vs STL-WIN

@ten-LOSS

@ ARZ-LOSS

vs ten-WIN

@cincy-WIN

vs HOU-WIN

@KC-LOSS

vs JAX-LOSS jaxs will be lead by tebow or Qb XYZ or something besides jags always seem to play decent when it does not matter and esp at indy

so we are lookin at a 7-9 season or 8-8 season for dem colts pretty good for only a 2nd year team

so yeah im thinking 10 wins or maybe 9 wins can win this divison ...... yup

also if the Texans really want to make it easy for them selfs they really need to finally win @ indy on paper indy should not beat the Texans but hey we all know about on paper
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #36
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Just for fun I will do the Colts season just to see were are bench mark is cuz locker might miss a few games so yeah titans are done

COLTS

vs Seahawks-LOSS- hawks rock dem boyz

@ SD-LOSS- Rivers is playing good football and SD are hard to beat at home

vs DEN- LOSS- manning beats the breaks off his former team

@HOU- LOSS My goodness this will be our most important game of the year Monday night we better win this game and the fans better be ape **** but u know this will be a WW3 battle since the colts def don't want to lose 4 straight but if there is one thing I know the Texans want 2 do they want to win ""there"" divison again

vs STL-WIN

@ten-LOSS

@ ARZ-LOSS

vs ten-WIN

@cincy-WIN

vs HOU-WIN

@KC-LOSS

vs JAX-LOSS jaxs will be lead by tebow or Qb XYZ or something besides jags always seem to play decent when it does not matter and esp at indy

so we are lookin at a 7-9 season or 8-8 season for dem colts pretty good for only a 2nd year team

so yeah im thinking 10 wins or maybe 9 wins can win this divison ...... yup

also if the Texans really want to make it easy for them selfs they really need to finally win @ indy on paper indy should not beat the Texans but hey we all know about on paper
There you have it folks, upstart expansion Indianapolis is going to lose against Jacksonville, who will be led by Tim Tebow, to wrap up an 8-8 season.
Old 09-30-2013   #37
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

@49ers: Loss

Rams: Win

@Chiefs: Loss

Colts: Win....if they lose this game we might as well go into full tank mode

@Cards: Win

Raiders:Win

Jags: Win

Patriots: Loss

@Jags:Win

@Colts: Loss

Broncos: Loss

@Tacks: Loss

I said 9-7 before the season started, but I thought they would be Baltimore, but now I may be thinking too much of this team to say 8-8.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #38
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

My take:

Colts: Loss

Raiders: Win

@Jags: Loss

7-9 Season
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #39
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
My take:

Colts: Loss

Raiders: Win

@Jags: Loss

7-9 Season
This would be a 6-10 season, same as I'm thinking we'll end up.
Old 09-30-2013   #40
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Just for trivia's sake...the last time a Houston NFL team won at Indy was 21 years ago in September 13, 1992.
The good news was that Warren Moon was 29 for 39 w/361 yards and 2 TD's. Great stats plus a win. Everyone happy that day.
Warren Moon would be ridiculous in today's systems..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read