Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Favorite Texans Play - History

Since I'm full on hatorade this week with Gary.. I figured I might try to brighten up my day and start a list of your favorite texans play.

For me it's pretty easy: Andrew Johnson beast mode touchdown against the cardinals.

- great catch, first hit was like get off me don't try that launching yourself in the air.
- LB please, get off me..
- safety come get some..

Then watching Vonta come over and talk smack to the #25 while he's face flat in the endzone is awesome.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Favorite Texans Play - History

#1 JJ Watt pick 6 is a no-doubt for me.

#2 Marcus Coleman pick in the EZ against the Chiefs that he ran back for a TD. We ended up beating them which was a huge surprise.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ's touchdown pass to Kevin Walter for the Texans first playoff clincher. Clinching was just a matter of time in 2011, but I will never forget the first moment I could say "The Texans are a playoff team."
Old 10-15-2013   #4
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

nice thread, I need some happy thinking

my favourite is the AJ TD against Washington in 2010 (week 2)

Maybe the play itself wasn't so good, but that game is special for me since it's the first game ever I watched of the Texans.

At the time I wanted to start following football and for some reason I went with Houston figuring I could always change later.

I loved that game, in the end I was literaly standing in front of the TV shouting.

I've been a Houston fan since then. It's not much time, but I can't see myself rooting for any other team.

PS: The TD celebration was awesome

Last edited by Sigma; 10-15-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: image link screwup
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt the #1 for me is Watt's pick-6 against Cincinnati.

#2 could be from that same game: Arian Foster going down the sideline for a TD.. I was sure he was out of bounds and I was celebrating a long run, then I went "WTF! TOUCHDOWN!". Good times.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Foster's long cutback touchdown run against the Steelers in 2011.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

My favorite is probably the AJ TD at the top of this thread. After that would be the pick 6 by JJ Watt. In a close 3rd would be one of the rarest plays ever, the AJ TD in the back of the end zone against the Vikings where he went way up high for a pass.
Old 10-15-2013   #8
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

That fake punt we ran
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta go with the OP's call, but I want to quote: "Big hole! Left Side!! (Duane Brown) Foster on the run!!!" This was the first game of 2010, Foster's first year as a starter, and the game were he put up 231 against the Colts. He went for 40 on that play and the Colts run D was OBLITERATED after that. Too bad we had a horrible pass D that year.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #10
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02

2009 vs the Patriots, Jacoby tip toe touchdown in the back of the endzone go ahead score. Put the Texans at 9-7 first winning season in history, and as of that moment it was a playoff lock, unless the bungles layed down to the jets. Which they did...
I think this play was special to me because I was at the stadium and I remember grabbing my son when they scored and cheering for like 5 minutes straight! It was insane in that stadium!
since02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the play in the Chargers game a few years ago where Turk fell over trying to kick the ball out of bounds when the long snapper hummed it about 25 yards over his head. Good stuff. Sums up our franchise in a nut shell.
Old 10-15-2013   #12
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

Arian Foster's stiff arm on Chris Crocker while he tip toes down the sideline comes to mind as well.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

good list:

I would have to agree with the Marcus Colemen int. return, along with the Watt interception return...

a few not mentioned:

1. 4th and 10 vs. Miami (catch by Andre Johnson), soon to be followed by a deep pass to KW, and then a QB draw for a TD by..... Matt Schaub.

2. Cushing had a set of plays at Cincinnati a couple years ago that were freakin' amazing.

3. There were a series of incredible plays in 07 vs. Tennessee- when we were down 32-7 and Sage brought us all the way back... of course, we gave up a drive to lose 30 seconds later, but man, the details are a little foggy, but that was incredible.
Old 10-15-2013   #14
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Matt Schaub injury.

Just Kidding calm down people.

For me it was the first play of Andre clowning three defenders. And then the Andre whipping the red headed step child aka sideshow bob.

Old 10-15-2013   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

most memorable play is the Rosencopter. I was sitting on the 50 yard line for that. Walking out of the stadium was surreal.

Favorite moment was AJ beating down the fake Irishman.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown's winning 50 something yarder against the Colts. The Texans first victory over the Colts.

Quincy Carter being sacked in the endzone for a safety in the Texans first game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Watt's SwatTD
2. AJ bowling-ball TD
3. DeAndre's OT TD

more here: Houston Texan's Top Plays In Team History
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #18
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

That time our defense scored 5 pick sixes in as many games.

OH WAI-
Old 10-15-2013   #19
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario hula dance.

Most complete game up till that point.

Kubiak vs his old team.

Vindication for the draft pick.

Prime time.
Old 10-15-2013   #20
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Fosters first TD in Miami his rookie season when he was still wearing #37, i knew after that game we had something special.

AJ against the Bills in Buffalo his rookie season where 3 guys tried to tackle him and he busted through all 3 of them for a TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read