Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Bringing Back the soap..

Today was an epic Conserviak gameplan, and the fact he'll never pull Matt Schaub I'm back on the soap bandwagon.. Give me Coach Cower..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #2
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bringing Back the soap..

Well...Kubiak tried to go aggressive...for once we all wished he would have just ran the ball...
Old 09-29-2013   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowher hasnt coached for years, what makes you think he wants to? McNair is as loyal to Kubes as Kubes is to Marciano.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #4
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Well...Kubiak tried to go aggressive...for once we all wished he would have just ran the ball...
That was way late in the game.. he should have never let his foot off the gas, then the end of the second half, if Pete Carroll doesn't call a timeout he runs the clock out.. but instead we get three.

Kubiak plays not to lose, instead of to win.. The post game press conference proves the point now.

Old 09-29-2013   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Cowher hasnt coached for years, what makes you think he wants to? McNair is as loyal to Kubes as Kubes is to Marciano.
Yah not sure how likely he is to come back but would be nice.

Old 09-29-2013   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I GUARANTEE Chucky would kill to coach this team. KILL.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Maybe literally.
Old 09-29-2013   #8
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

think ya'll need to step it up and throw Kubiak a blanket party
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #9
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 10276 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Was about to post about this. Throwing the ball up for grabs when your receiver already has a defender on him when you are up by 7 with only 2:51 left hardly screams conservative to me. But I must say that Schaub should've been smart enough there to either throw it away or eat the dirt. They were already out of Bullock's range anyways.

Bad decision by Schaub that did directly costed the Texans a win today.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
This team really needs a Chucky type coach. Someone to put a boot up their back side.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

What about a Bench Matty Picksix scent?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #12
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No No No, please not him!

I would rather have Kubiak.

If McNair makes a move, I suspect Kevin Sumlin will be high on his list.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
No No No, please not him!

I would rather have Kubiak.

If McNair makes a move, I suspect Kevin Sumlin will be high on his list.
No No No not him and his gimmick offense!!!!! Let him stay in Aggieland.
Old 09-29-2013   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And I GUARANTEE you will see my ass shipping my season tickets back to McNair if we hire that FRAUD.

He is the Lane Kiffin of the NFL.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #15
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
No No No not him and his gimmick offense!!!!! Let him stay in Aggieland.
At least Sumlin would bring in a new system.

Gruden runs a west coast offense. No thanks.
Old 09-29-2013   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaubapologist View Post
at least sumlin would bring in a new gimmick.

Gruden runs a west coast offense. No thanks.
fify
Old 09-29-2013   #17
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
fify
I don't view the spread/no huddle offense as a gimmick.

The NFL is gravitating towards it whether you like it or not.
Old 09-29-2013   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowher and Chucky are both overrated. I'll stick with the staff we have, minus Marciano(he's absolutely gotta go), and go with a change at QB. I believe that Kubiak is a good coach but he's too damned loyal to the albatrosses that hang around his neck. The four games played this year have convinced me that Kubiak is shackled by Schaub, not Schaub by Kubiak. If Kubiak can find it in his heart to put Schaub on the bench and really turn Yates or Keenum lose, this team would be better off for it and Kubiak could keep his job. There is no honor in falling on the sword for standing behind a loser. Of course, if Kubiak refuses to change, maybe I'm misunderestimating his coaching ability. If we miss the AFCG, or worse yet the playoffs altogether, Kubiak is committing career suicide by sticking with Schaub.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #19
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

/\ agree 100% DocBar
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #20
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
I don't view the spread/no huddle offense as a gimmick.

The NFL is gravitating towards it whether you like it or not.
Yeah. Ask the Sea Chickens how effective it was today. I reject the premise that NFL teams are gravitating towards it. A few teams are experimenting with it and having limited success a la Chip Kelly. Eventually NFL DCs figure the gimmick out and shut it down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read