Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
While also throwing 2 picks.
Well, they are the second best (now) defense in the league.
Old 09-29-2013   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's not the point. If he threw for 300+ yards on a team that's only allowed 246 yards total through three games, off his backfoot that's pretty impressive. They allowed 9 points per game over the first three games, off his back foot, Schaub threw 2 TDs on them before the half.

I'm just not buying the foot being an excuse..... folding under pressure is damning enough.
As long as you're beginning to understand that Schaub is the sickness, it's all OK. It's not the stats, it's the score. Schaub is continually helping the other team's score. And hurting his own teams score.
Old 09-29-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
As long as you're beginning to understand that Schaub is the sickness, it's all OK. It's not the stats, it's the score. Schaub is continually helping the other team's score. And hurting his own teams score.
I'm watching him in the first half again & he's doing everything we want him to do. He's stepping into his throws, fully turning his hips, putting all his weight on that front foot on almost every throw. There's a couple where he's backpedalling or trying to scramble where his feet aren't set, but he's getting good hip rotation on every throw.

The first INT, good rotation, all on his front foot.

I wonder if there's anything to be said about Owen Daniels being his target on three of the INTs I can think of. Both today, one last week.
Old 09-29-2013   #44
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm watching him in the first half again & he's doing everything we want him to do. He's stepping into his throws, fully turning his hips, putting all his weight on that front foot on almost every throw. There's a couple where he's backpedalling or trying to scramble where his feet aren't set, but he's getting good hip rotation on every throw.

I wonder if there's anything to be said about Owen Daniels being his target on three of the INTs I can think of. Both today, one last week.
Go ahead and fast forward to the 2nd half....
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Go ahead and fast forward to the 2nd half....
I can't, my satellite dropped the signal.
Old 09-29-2013   #46
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
That bone should have been healed by now. If it is currently causing him trouble, is it soft tissue damage or is there actual re-injury to the bone? If he is putting more weight on his back leg on his throws this could very well explain his latest inaccuracies dating back to late last season...
The LisFranc is not a bone. It's a ligament. And the doctor told me after he surgically reconstructed my Lisfranc injury, that it would heal, but it wouldn't be the same foot again. I've been watching him closely. As long as he can drop back and get set, he can throw accurately, but when he has to move . . .

But having said that, I don't think it's been all that different from before his LisFranc. He's not a mobile quarterback now, and he never has been one.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I saw several backfoot throws in the 1st half. Every one one of them were with some kind of pressure, iirc. Interesting.

Schaub throwing INT's when targeting a particular receiver would lend credence to my opinion that Schaub misses wide open receivers while locking on to his security blankets.
Old 09-29-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I've been watching him closely. As long as he can drop back and get set, he can throw accurately, but when he has to move . . .
I'm going through now, watching every throw. I'm at the 1:03 mark in the third. This is pretty much what I've seen. When he's on the move it's like he doesn't even bother trying to set his feet. He's more apt to throw it with neither foot on the ground as he is to throw it off his back foot.

This is all I can see now. Lost my signal after this point, but Schaub looks healthy. There's got to be another reason for his poor play.
Old 09-29-2013   #49
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be fine with some sort of completely non-painful non-harmful injury, like a sprained earlobe or something. ANything that will get him off the field.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm going through now, watching every throw. I'm at the 1:03 mark in the third. This is pretty much what I've seen. When he's on the move it's like he doesn't even bother trying to set his feet. He's more apt to throw it with neither foot on the ground as he is to throw it off his back foot.

This is all I can see now. Lost my signal after this point, but Schaub looks healthy. There's got to be another reason for his poor play.
When he's moving, the reason he doesn't SET, is because he has to put even more stress on that foot just to go from moving to abruptly stopping and setting.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #51
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
When he's moving, the reason he doesn't SET, is because he has to put even more stress on that foot just to go from moving to abruptly stopping and setting.
You're never going to convince TK.

Meanwhile, that's a pick 6 three games in a row.

This is Gary's team. he's to blame. It looks like Gary is going to let the ship sink with Schaub at the controls. (Really sad)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #53
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The LisFranc is not a bone. It's a ligament. And the doctor told me after he surgically reconstructed my Lisfranc injury, that it would heal, but it wouldn't be the same foot again. I've been watching him closely. As long as he can drop back and get set, he can throw accurately, but when he has to move . . .

But having said that, I don't think it's been all that different from before his LisFranc. He's not a mobile quarterback now, and he never has been one.
Marcus, a while back, I made it a point to go back and watch games Schaub pre-Lisfranc. You did not see him throwing off of his back foot (please dont look for the isolated exception, because Im sure someone can find it). You yourself have sustained a Lisfranc in the past, and have some pretty good understanding of its implications. However, the functional effect on a non-athlete vs. an athlete is very much different. You would better appreciate this difference if you made it a routine to jump up and down on the ball of your foot a couple of hours of each day. I would dare say that this would significantly negatively effect your daily routine functionality..........and more so over time. With prolonged rest (such as an offseason/preseason), athletic functionality to some extent can return. But with return again to the routine of continued stress being placed on the foot over a season, deterioration of the functionality as a rule is a given.
Old 09-30-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm ready to be convinced, but what I'm seeing contradicts what he is saying. Schaub did not live off his back foot. He threw the ball 49 times yesterday (& there's a post of mine comparing Schaub to Romo, you don't want them throwing the ball 50 times) I counted 5 where he threw it off his back foot & an offensive lineman in his lap was just as likely to cause that than any pain he might have been feeling.

As far as not planting & setting his feet while he's on the move, yes it could be because of pain from the LisFranc, I think it's more likely that he's a clumsy bastid.. always has been, always will be.

Quote:

This is Gary's team. he's to blame. It looks like Gary is going to let the ship sink with Schaub at the controls. (Really sad)
I've never played football at this level, but I've been part of many professional atmospheres & I know trying to assign blame is the way of a losing/unsuccessful organization.

So I'm not trying to assign blame on anyone, but...... Matt didn't throw that ball to Richard Sherman. He put it up in desperation to allow his guy to make a play. Sherman knocked OD out of the way to get the ball. Like I said, not trying to level blame, but I don't think it would be too much to ask our receivers to go after the ball & not just wait on it. Three or his interceptions have been to OD. Two of them he was beat to the ball by more physical players.
Old 09-30-2013   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Marcus, a while back, I made it a point to go back and watch games Schaub pre-Lisfranc. You did not see him throwing off of his back foot (please dont look for the isolated exception, because Im sure someone can find it). You yourself have sustained a Lisfranc in the past, and have some pretty good understanding of its implications. However, the functional effect on a non-athlete vs. an athlete is very much different. You would better appreciate this difference if you made it a routine to jump up and down on the ball of your foot a couple of hours of each day. I would dare say that this would significantly negatively effect your daily routine functionality..........and more so over time. With prolonged rest (such as an offseason/preseason), athletic functionality to some extent can return. But with return again to the routine of continued stress being placed on the foot over a season, deterioration of the functionality as a rule is a given.
So you say it aint going to get any better?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #56
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are different grades of LisFrancs, and different severities. Mine was particularly bad. 2 plates, 9 screws, which were never taken out, 2 fusions and bone graft. All of that adds up to permanent decrease in foot mobility. If Schaub had a LisFranc as bad as mine, he'd be done. Period.

Schaub made it back to training camp from his LisFranc, which I predicted would NOT happen. I was proven wrong, because I didn't know the details. Ryan Clady of the Broncos has been lost for the season because of a LisFranc, but if that's all they going to say about it, that doesn't tell me squat.

So, is this throwing his back foot due to lack of mobility from the LisFranc? I don't know. But wouldn't logic state that if it did, it would have shown up last season right after his injury? That would portend some kind of deterioration in his foot. Unless . . . He chose not to have fusions done, in order to keep playing. Who knows.

But if Kubiak decides to yank him, he'll dream up an injury, just like when he stashes players on reserve in training camp. But it would shock me to the core if he goes anywhere near that foot.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #57
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

How about showing you are not pleased with action? Start by not attending or watching games if it is so bad.
Old 09-30-2013   #58
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's worse than that. I got this off the Texans/Seahawk recap page; bottom left in the "Research Notes" section...
Quote:
Today marked the 8th time since joining the Texans (in 2007) that Matt Schaub has thrown an interception with 3 minutes or less remaining in the 4th quarter. The previous 7 games did not go into overtime. The Texans are 0-8 in those games, with 6 of those games being determined by a TD or less.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #59
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55535 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

How much does a hitman cost?

Oh, don't worry Schaub fans. This one is for Fat Albert.

Albert Haynesworth Is Proud of Hurting Matt Schaub

Old 09-30-2013   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Marcus is absolutely correct. There are varying degrees of this injury. However, as compared to a non-athlete, it takes a much lesser Lisfranc to take down an athlete.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read