Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #41
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for a players only meeting

It's time for Kubiak to grow some balls and make the right move at the quarterback position. I've been saying Matt Schaub is not the qb for us to win a super bowl for 4 years now and I for one am just tired of the bs. The texans will never get my money in ticket sales. David Carr for 5 years then we go out and get a backup then proclaim him as a starter. Matt Schaub needs to be holding jock straps not throwing a football he is a great loser no qb.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
It's time for Kubiak to grow some balls and make the right move at the quarterback position. I've been saying Matt Schaub is not the qb for us to win a super bowl for 4 years now and I for one am just tired of the bs. The texans will never get my money in ticket sales. David Carr for 5 years then we go out and get a backup then proclaim him as a starter. Matt Schaub needs to be holding jock straps not throwing a football he is a great loser no qb.
And you need to go back to grammar school and learn how to use proper punctuation.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #43
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And you need to go back to grammar school and learn how to use proper punctuation.
You should not start a sentence with an "And".
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #44
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
You should not start a sentence with an "And".
But you would be wrong.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/conjunctions.htm

A frequently asked question about conjunctions is whether and or but can be used at the beginning of a sentence. This is what R.W. Burchfield has to say about this use of and:

There is a persistent belief that it is improper to begin a sentence with And, but this prohibition has been cheerfully ignored by standard authors from Anglo-Saxon times onwards. An initial And is a useful aid to writers as the narrative continues.

from The New Fowler's Modern English Usage
edited by R.W. Burchfield. Clarendon Press: Oxford, England. 1996.
Used with the permission of Oxford University Press.

The same is true with the conjunction but. A sentence beginning with and or but will tend to draw attention to itself and its transitional function. Writers should examine such sentences with two questions in mind: (1) would the sentence and paragraph function just as well without the initial conjunction? (2) should the sentence in question be connected to the previous sentence? If the initial conjunction still seems appropriate, use it.
Old 09-29-2013   #45
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
stats are so baseball...toughness, putting your foot down when the game is on the line, in game adjustments....now that is football. Who cares about the stat line?
And not make a decision that I'd bench a JV quarterback for making. Jesus.
Old 09-29-2013   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
And not make a decision that I'd bench a JV quarterback for making. Jesus.
Too bad this isn't a JV football MB
Old 09-29-2013   #47
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still feeling the pain hours after the game. At the end of last season I was calling for Schaub's head.

He just chokes with any pressure. I really feel sorry for our defense. They are busting their guts knowing that Shaub is going to fold like a deck of cards.

He gave away the game with idiotic plays and lack of ability to get out of the way.

I'm really wondering why I am paying Directv for the Sunday ticket? I'm just optimistic I guess.

Maybe we should go out and get Tim Tebow. At least he can run for positive yardage.

It's pretty obvious that Seattle beat us with a mobile quarterback.

Just depressed at watching a 20-3 3rd. quarter lead go down the drain.
Old 09-30-2013   #48
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
I'm still feeling the pain hours after the game.
I'm not sure what it says about my expectations, but I wasn't surprised by the loss, so I wasn't upset. In fact, I only remember screaming at the TV in anger once throughout the game, and that was when they flagged KJax for playing to the whistle. There might have been a phantom whistle, I guess, but you sure as hell didn't hear it on the broadcast. This constant coddling of the offense just pisses me off to no end and erodes my enjoyment of the game I've loved since I was a kid.

But the loss? It sucks, because the team I support is now 2-2. It sucks because I don't really see the progress that will be necessary to get through the playoffs, or maybe even to the playoffs. But I'm not pissed off or upset, because I expected it. I expected Schaub to throw an untimely pick (maybe not a pick 6, but hey). I expected the team to play one half. I expected the defense to give up a backbreaking long drive to mar an otherwise plus performance. I expected Kubiak to go to the press conference and talk about how it's his fault. In short, I expected what we saw.

I am wide awake after my Breaking Bad marathon watching, so I figured I'd mosey on over and stir the pot a little, but I feel like I ought to be upset. I'm not.
Old 09-30-2013   #49
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They need to strip the C off of Schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.

Yesterday you thouht Schaub was the man. Second thoughts?

It's time to see if Yates/Keenum are the future.

Because after all of the football I've watched, trust me Schaub/Gary aren't the people you want in charge if winning a SB is your ultimate goal.

Looks like SOS different yr to me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm not sure what it says about my expectations, but I wasn't surprised by the loss, so I wasn't upset. In fact, I only remember screaming at the TV in anger once throughout the game, and that was when they flagged KJax for playing to the whistle. There might have been a phantom whistle, I guess, but you sure as hell didn't hear it on the broadcast. This constant coddling of the offense just pisses me off to no end and erodes my enjoyment of the game I've loved since I was a kid.

But the loss? It sucks, because the team I support is now 2-2. It sucks because I don't really see the progress that will be necessary to get through the playoffs, or maybe even to the playoffs. But I'm not pissed off or upset, because I expected it. I expected Schaub to throw an untimely pick (maybe not a pick 6, but hey). I expected the team to play one half. I expected the defense to give up a backbreaking long drive to mar an otherwise plus performance. I expected Kubiak to go to the press conference and talk about how it's his fault. In short, I expected what we saw.

I am wide awake after my Breaking Bad marathon watching, so I figured I'd mosey on over and stir the pot a little, but I feel like I ought to be upset. I'm not.
I was at the game and I expected the same. (SAD)

The org is what it is and dont expect anything traunatic anytime soon.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 09-30-2013 at 09:33 AM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #51
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Go to school and teach a class and smile about how great you sound. This board is about texans football.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #52
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Agree with the meeting, especially when you consider:

1. The Seahawks gave up 476 net yards. The Texans only gave up 270.

2. Russell Wilson only passed for 123 yards.

3. TDs from pick 6's

4. Penalties that have kept drives alive for the other team.

Focus and discipline is needed throughout the entire game.
All good points so #8 isn't the only problem .
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #53
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
He was yesterday. The QB single handedly cost us that game. OT and Kareem's penalty would've never happened

The defense was simply awesome yesterday. Other than the obvious drop off when Cush went out. They were handing to game to the offense to put away and Schaubiak screwed the pooch
Old 09-30-2013   #54
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sean Pendergast
@ SeanCablinasian

ICYMI, Texans S @ManningUp38 said on
our show today players had players only
meeting. Said Antonio, Ed Reed & Andre
did a lot of the talking
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #55
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
Not the only problem but the biggest one.
Old 09-30-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Sean Pendergast
@ SeanCablinasian

ICYMI, Texans S @ManningUp38 said on
our show today players had players only
meeting. Said Antonio, Ed Reed & Andre
did a lot of the talking
Old 09-30-2013   #57
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 42m
@SeanCablinasian Extinction Level Event stuff happening at Reliant right now.
Call me stupid but what exactly does this mean? "Come to Jesus" type meeting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
After the tweet about a players only meeting and who spoke and Watt's comments after the game I honestly feel they will come out Sunday and play angry. They were embarrassed and want to prove something and they have the biggest stage in the regular season to do it, Sunday Night Football.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #58
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

More details from manning on the players only meeting.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...rc=desktop&wjb
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #59
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask and you shall receive.....

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-only-meeting/
Old 09-30-2013   #60
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Call me stupid but what exactly does this mean? "Come to Jesus" type meeting?

After the tweet about a players only meeting and who spoke and Watt's comments after the game I honestly feel they will come out Sunday and play angry. They were embarrassed and want to prove something and they have the biggest stage in the regular season to do it, Sunday Night Football.
Stupid....you asked for it. LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read