Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The problem with this team

Actually, the entire team lost this game. The defense gave up 30 yards in over time on penalties. Game changing penalties.

Schaub threw a bonheaded pass that was returned for 6.

The offensive line (Wade Smith, I'm looking at YOU) was dominated in the second half.

The receivers had several drops (Foster with one, Keyshawn Martin, even AJ had a drop he should have caught).

This team is what it is. Undisciplined. It reminds me of the cowboys several years ago. You can blame the QB, you can blame special teams, you can blame the defense but I honestly think this starts and stops with the HC. I don't know what happened but we completely lack discipline. I've been behind Kubiak most of the time but this is getting ridiculous.

I still believe that Schaub is the QB we need but Kubiak needs to man up and bench him for a half. There was a time when we had a young upstart RB that was clearly the best on our team, he missed a meeting and he was benched for the first half.

I remember when the Ninja used to get offsides penalties, I was always ok with them because they were in the field of play and it was him trying to get an advantage but the penalties that we saw today, the horse collar and the body slam are both dead ball fouls. Either wade needs to sit somebody or Kubiak needs to do it.

The focus will be on Schaub's play but he isn't the real problem. His mistake comes in the field of play and it isn't a matter of discipline (you could make the argument that it is) but the other two penalties? They are AFTER you already made the play.

If you will sit Tate for a turnover then you should be sitting your defenders getting 15 yard personal fouls AFTER the play is over. At this point, I would be ok with sitting Schaub for a game. Somebody please send the message that lack of discipline is not acceptable. This team is too talented to be plagued with cowboys type mistakes. That is what we do every game. Fix it Gary or Bob needs to find someone who will.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The problem with this team

Defense gives up 13 points and we have another thread saying they are part of the problem....get real...in what world do defenses pitch shut outs every week? They dont....they will give up drives, points and get penalties sometimes, but they are clearly holding up their end of the bargain on this team....

Accusing anyone other than the offense (mainly Schaub) is naive and being a homer...

oh on another note, Trindon just ran ANOTHER pr back....good thing we got rid of him
Old 09-29-2013   #3
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We were up 20-3! 20-3! We lost 23-20. That is not on the defense. Quit being a ****ing apologist!
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #4
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

I still believe that Schaub is the QB we need
Stopped reading here

Senile at 35 years old.. jeez
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #5
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's Matt Schaub MAAAAAATTTTTT SCCCHHAAUUUB!!!!! How many times is he going to have to screw up for everyone to see???
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #6
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Stopped reading here

Senile at 35 years old.. jeez
Not surprised you stopped reading. I wasn't talking about race.

Mike

Old 09-29-2013   #7
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Other people besides Schaub did make bonehead plays, but it starts with him. Three games in a row with a pick six- totally unacceptable. He needs to be benched.

Even thought the D played well most of the game, they made too many mistakes. That penalty by Kareem was inexcusable.

When a team with as supposedly as much talent as the Texans have is up 17 points at half at home, they should never lose. The fact they did says a lot about the coaching as well.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2013   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

We go nowhere with ms
Old 09-29-2013   #9
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not surprised you stopped reading. I wasn't talking about race.

Mike
But he is right. You are being a damn apologist. I can respect fandom but you have too see what EVRYONE else sees!
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
We go nowhere with ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Castrated bulls on parade
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, the entire team lost this game. The defense gave up 30 yards in over time on penalties. Game changing penalties.

Schaub threw a bonheaded pass that was returned for 6.

The offensive line (Wade Smith, I'm looking at YOU) was dominated in the second half.

The receivers had several drops (Foster with one, Keyshawn Martin, even AJ had a drop he should have caught).

This team is what it is. Undisciplined. It reminds me of the cowboys several years ago. You can blame the QB, you can blame special teams, you can blame the defense but I honestly think this starts and stops with the HC. I don't know what happened but we completely lack discipline. I've been behind Kubiak most of the time but this is getting ridiculous.

I still believe that Schaub is the QB we need but Kubiak needs to man up and bench him for a half. There was a time when we had a young upstart RB that was clearly the best on our team, he missed a meeting and he was benched for the first half.

I remember when the Ninja used to get offsides penalties, I was always ok with them because they were in the field of play and it was him trying to get an advantage but the penalties that we saw today, the horse collar and the body slam are both dead ball fouls. Either wade needs to sit somebody or Kubiak needs to do it.

The focus will be on Schaub's play but he isn't the real problem. His mistake comes in the field of play and it isn't a matter of discipline (you could make the argument that it is) but the other two penalties? They are AFTER you already made the play.

If you will sit Tate for a turnover then you should be sitting your defenders getting 15 yard personal fouls AFTER the play is over. At this point, I would be ok with sitting Schaub for a game. Somebody please send the message that lack of discipline is not acceptable. This team is too talented to be plagued with cowboys type mistakes. That is what we do every game. Fix it Gary or Bob needs to find someone who will.

Mike
Pretty sure Schaub put the Defense in that position to make them penalties. We should of never been in that position but "why" were we ? Who let them tie the game ? Not Kubiak or the defense.
Old 09-29-2013   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

There's bad takes and then there is this.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He wants to sit defenders for penalties, but says nothing about the qb that has spotted the other team points in every game this year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #15
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with this team is Gary Kubiak. It all boils down to him.
Old 09-29-2013   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with this team? Matt Schaub. He has thrown three pick-6's already this season...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #17
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
But he is right. You are being a damn apologist. I can respect fandom but you have too see what EVRYONE else sees!
No, I'm not an emotional fan and I'm looking beyond the obvious.

Schaub's play is evidence of a lack of discipline. So is Tate's. So was KJ's. So was Sharpton's. It doesn't matter who you bring in here, if you don't fix the lack of discipline on this team you won't win anything. Look at the last decade of Cowpies play. Nobody can argue that they haven't had the talent to be a factor in January but they have played undisciplined football basically since Jimmy Johnson left.

This team displays the same tendencies. On our last offensive drive look at the sack that Schaub took at the 45. Smith gets sloppy with his footwork, extends his arms and gets rolled. Look at KJ. Great play. Lacks discipline. Sharpton? That play is a lack of discipline. Tate fumbling? Lack of discipline.

This team lacks accountability and discipline. Schaubs problems aren't that he is incapable, they are that he isn't disciplined. The OL isn't disciplined either. The defense has killed us multiple times with boneheaded penalties.

I get it that you want somebodies head but I'm telling you that if you bring in any QB that isn't elite (ie not named Peyton, Brady Aaron) and put them into the culture of this team you don't get anything different than you have right now.

Call me an apologist, I don't care. I will never tell you that this team is a SB caliber team and I will probably never tell you that you can put it all on one person. If someone is looking for the easy "analysis" or the head to put on a pole, I probably won't give them that. I want to know why we are losing, not find someone to ***** about. I don't care about names, I don't care about numbers I want to get to the root cause. The common denominators in all of the negative plays was discipline or lack thereof.

I don't want to see what "everyone else sees" because that's usually wrong.

Mike

Old 09-29-2013   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I'm not an emotional fan and I'm looking beyond the obvious.

Schaub's play is evidence of a lack of discipline. So is Tate's. So was KJ's. So was Sharpton's. It doesn't matter who you bring in here, if you don't fix the lack of discipline on this team you won't win anything. Look at the last decade of Cowpies play. Nobody can argue that they haven't had the talent to be a factor in January but they have played undisciplined football basically since Jimmy Johnson left.

This team displays the same tendencies. On our last offensive drive look at the sack that Schaub took at the 45. Smith gets sloppy with his footwork, extends his arms and gets rolled. Look at KJ. Great play. Lacks discipline. Sharpton? That play is a lack of discipline. Tate fumbling? Lack of discipline.

This team lacks accountability and discipline. Schaubs problems aren't that he is incapable, they are that he isn't disciplined. The OL isn't disciplined either. The defense has killed us multiple times with boneheaded penalties.

I get it that you want somebodies head but I'm telling you that if you bring in any QB that isn't elite (ie not named Peyton, Brady Aaron) and put them into the culture of this team you don't get anything different than you have right now.

Call me an apologist, I don't care. I will never tell you that this team is a SB caliber team and I will probably never tell you that you can put it all on one person. If someone is looking for the easy "analysis" or the head to put on a pole, I probably won't give them that. I want to know why we are losing, not find someone to ***** about. I don't care about names, I don't care about numbers I want to get to the root cause. The common denominators in all of the negative plays was discipline or lack thereof.

I don't want to see what "everyone else sees" because that's usually wrong.

Mike
If discipline is the main problem with this team, then Schaub is the least discilined of all, and thats not good since he is the "leader" right.
Old 09-29-2013   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Kubiak is going into his full, "It's my fault." routine. I think we should take him at his word.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
If discipline is the main problem with this team, then Schaub is the least discilined of all, and thats not good since he is the "leader" right.
The leader needs to be the HC. Honestly if you change the QB I don't think you change the situation. The problem is the culture of the locker room. I don't think you sit Schaub because he's "Not the answer", you sit him because "unacceptable play has consequences".

Schaub isn't the least disciplined player on the team, the entire team is undisciplined.

Mike

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read