Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2013   #61
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 4 VS Seahawks...Let's predict ;)

At halftime:
Seahawks 13
Texans 10

Final:
Seahawks 37
Texans 20

Sitting Schaub, Andre and Daniels on my fantasy team this week.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #62
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate it like heck, but I expect the Seagulls to win in a blowout.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And you base this on recent first half history?

Hey, the thread says "Let's predict", not "let's hope". I hope they win. I'll be cheering them on. But predictions are based on substance, not hope. I mean, I could just blindly predict that I'm going to win the lottery, but there's not much factual evidence to suggest it'll actually happen.
I beg to differ. There was a lot of good things going on in our last three games. It's only a matter of time before we put it all together. I think we'll get most of it right this Sunday... & with help from the hometown crowd, we'll pull off a convincing victory.
Old 09-26-2013   #64
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Statement game for the Texans.

HOU - 27
SEA - 17

Then they'll ride the momentum and win a nailbiter in SF next week.
Old 09-26-2013   #65
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I beg to differ. There was a lot of good things going on in our last three games. It's only a matter of time before we put it all together. I think we'll get most of it right this Sunday... & with help from the hometown crowd, we'll pull off a convincing victory.
There was a lot of bad happening those first couple games and they put that all together against the Ravens, so maybe it's time they flipped the script. They haven't scored over a TD in the first quarter yet, though, so not sure where you're getting the idea they'll jump out to an early lead. Here's to hoping, though!
Old 09-26-2013   #66
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 67440 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the roof will be closed.
We'll win the toss but it won't matter.
I'll go to the game.
Drink some crown.
Yell as loud as i can.
Schaub will throw short of the sticks.
I'll boo and get elbowed in ribs.
Look at some hot girls and get elbowed again.

Last edited by TejasTom; 09-26-2013 at 11:21 PM.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #67
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict MS will have a hard time finding wide open receivers because of the way Seattle plays D and therefore he will get sacked often and throw the ball away many other times. 2 or more interceptions or fumbles by MS. We will have a difficult time running the ball. Basically our offense will be stagnant. We will go for it a couple times on 4th down just to try and get something going. I think we score 6-10 points. Seattle may not be able to move the ball traditionally but we will not be able to contain Wilson at key times and he will scramble and extend plays that extend drives. He will complete a few long passes or get pass interference that will kill the Texans. Even with all this they only score 27 or so points. If we can win the TO battle by 2 or more and we don't give up a pick 6 or long return the game will be competitive and we may win.
Really looking forward to this game and I like that it is early in season because this will be a very good measuring point for team and MS.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2013   #68
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks 20
Texans 14

Think it'll be a tough battle and the Texans will give the best team in the NFL (IMHO) a good hard game...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #69
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a very good and tough game, as well as low scoring because we run the ball alot to avoid their pass rush. In the end though I think we lose a close one.

17-13 Seahawks
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #70
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Nah... it lets us know who's who. Remember we had to wait 6 games last season before the "told you so"s were able to tell us so. Then they had to wait another 7 games so they could tell us so again. These poor guys, who have no love for our QB or our HC, have been waiting all offseason to tell us so again.

The Texans will start winning soon enough. This negativity will subside. Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.
Agree with your first paragraph 100%, but IMO they will not say they believed all along, and supported when no one else would, instead they will give the credit to someone else, ANYONE ELSE but Schaub and Kubiak. They will say the Texans won in spite of Schaub and Kubiak. It's what they live for.

Let's just hope Schaub and Kubiak can silence them for a long period of time real soon.

Prediction: Seahawks 14 Texans 17

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz

Last edited by Nitrofish; 09-27-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #71
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks: 4

Texans: 2

Matt Schaub resigns while in hospital.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
They haven't scored over a TD in the first quarter yet, though, so not sure where you're getting the idea they'll jump out to an early lead. Here's to hoping, though!
We scored a 1st Qtr TD against the Chargers & the Titans. On the opening drive vs the Titans. We marched the length of the field on our first drive against the Ravens & scored (not a TD, but we scored).

We've yet to score more than 9 points in the first half... definitely something to work on. But that's what this is, a work in progress. Just like every other NFL team.

We'll get it done Sunday.

There's still going to be areas needing improvement, & "everybody" will piont them out. It won't be a finished product... a work in progress.
Old 09-27-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I predict MS will have a hard time finding wide open receivers because of the way Seattle plays D and therefore he will get sacked often and throw the ball away many other times.
They play the same defensive philosophy that many of us hate. Pressure up front, primarily man on the back end.
Old 09-27-2013   #74
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANS-24
SEACHICKENS-16
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #75
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Look there have been alot of close games in the NFL this year already..The Sky is not Falling...We are 2-1 tied for 1st place in the AFC SOUTH....0-3 Giants.omg..or any team that is 0-3.. We got this,,might not be pretty......WE WIN
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #76
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They play the same defensive philosophy that many of us hate. Pressure up front, primarily man on the back end.
And they are good at it. One thing I want to see is will MS spread the ball out a little more. He may be forced to because of AJ's physical condition. Anybody notice how Peyton and Brady distribute the ball based on who is open or should be based on their read of defense prior to the snap. Notice how MS concentrates on AJ while he is on the field and only goes to others when AJ is out. I have to think that AJ is not the most open receiver on most of the plays. Please explain why people consider MS such a heady QB because I have not ever felt that way.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #77
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks 34
Texans 13
Old 09-27-2013   #78
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict DB will not be playing. I'd rather him not. If we happen to get our sht straight and make a run at the post season, we'll need him healthy. Sit him!
Old 09-27-2013   #79
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Seahawks 34
Texans 13
That's optimistic.

Seahawks: 34
Texans: 6

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #80
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Its the all roads lead to Rome theory.
Hoping you're wrong Vincent.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read