Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2013   #41
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 4 VS Seahawks...Let's predict ;)

34-13 Hawks with the lone TD going to Posey via Yates in garbage time.
Old 09-26-2013   #42
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
In the ten games after our 11-1 start of last season, we will be 4-6 (since the December 02 Titan victory) if we lose to the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/TEXANS

I think the Texans will be sub .500 at the bye.
Old 09-26-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Our defense could put up a good fight, but if they cannot consistently get to Wilson, he will scorch our soft coverage. Dude is elusive and will give our front 7 a hard time all day long.
That does concern me. He'll extend a play, giving his "ho-hum" WRs time to get open.

We struggle with the big play, Russell Wilson is a big play just waiting to happen.

But I think we'll get our lead early. After that, It's our time.
Old 09-26-2013   #44
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I should of known better than to do a prediction thread after a bad loss, this is depressing.
Old 09-26-2013   #45
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I should of known better than to do a prediction thread after a bad loss, this is depressing.

I tried to get everyone pumped in another thread and no one listened. Ill try again.

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

What the f--k happened to the Texans fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get beaten.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wilson, he's a dead man! Sherman dead! Lynch dead!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #46
Allegra
Rookie

Section: 530 - Row J
Rep Power: 0 Allegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think the Seahawks are going to bring massive heat on Schaub and they are gonna be very physical with our WR's. Andre is less than 100% and Hopkins will face the biggest secondary in the NFL and he won't do much since he isn't going to run past anyone. I can see us moving the ball between the 20's but I don't see too many scores. This team is still too slow. If Andre Johnson takes another hit and goes out for any length of time this offense will get ugly in a hurry because everyone is going to crowd the box and the middle of the field. Texans fatal flaw is the lack of killer speed.
Andre's still being listed as a game-time decision, right? And Brown? I heard that this morning - haven't heard any updates since.
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #47
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

I tried to get everyone pumped in another thread and no one listened. Ill try again.

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

What the f--k happened to the Texans fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get beaten.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wilson, he's a dead man! Sherman dead! Lynch dead!
Haha hell yeah, well i'm still one of those fans always have been. Homerism champ must i say
Old 09-26-2013   #48
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Andre's still being listed as a game-time decision, right? And Brown? I heard that this morning - haven't heard any updates since.
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1h
Duane Brown on his turf toe: "I can take the pain but I don't want to make it any worse."
He needs to sit until fully healed. Look at Okung from Seahawks, out 8 games.

Dre had a deep muscle bruise, says he will play.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #49
Allegra
Rookie

Section: 530 - Row J
Rep Power: 0 Allegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha hell yeah, well i'm still one of those fans always have been. Homerism champ must i say
I'm afflicted with that as well. I don't give up until it's so obvious it's screaming.

That served me well the first two games. I'll be at the game Sunday hoping like heck the Texans (particularly the OL and ST) have worked some of the bugs out and can pull this one off.

Just call me "Mary Sunshine." Or something like that.
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah... it lets us know who's who. Remember we had to wait 6 games last season before the "told you so"s were able to tell us so. Then they had to wait another 7 games so they could tell us so again. These poor guys, who have no love for our QB or our HC, have been waiting all offseason to tell us so again.

The Texans will start winning soon enough. This negativity will subside. Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.
Old 09-26-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I wouldn't consider myself a homer, but in this sea of negativity, it's hard not to give that appearance. I'd love to be able to talk to my fellow Texans about what's going on on the field, but there's so much negativity now, so much hate... it wouldn't make for good conversation.

The second half was hard to watch a second time. But I think we're all going to be pleased with our young WR corps.

There were a lot of 5 step drops, a few 7 step drops where Harris & Newton were able to protect Matt... to me, that's encouraging because we'll probably never face another pair of end rushers like those two again in the regular season.
Old 09-26-2013   #52
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Nah... it lets us know who's who. Remember we had to wait 6 games last season before the "told you so"s were able to tell us so. Then they had to wait another 7 games so they could tell us so again. These poor guys, who have no love for our QB or our HC, have been waiting all offseason to tell us so again.

The Texans will start winning soon enough. This negativity will subside. Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.
Ahhhhhh... That would be the day! I want a better QB just like everyone else. But until that happens, Schaub is my guy and I can't wait for him to prove all of the doubters wrong!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #53
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 29
Seahawks - 13
Old 09-26-2013   #54
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2083 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected

I still haven't seen enough of Seattle on the road to say they are the same team there as they are at home.

My prediction is it's 24-12 Texans win.

Initially everyone will be freaking out when the Seahawks go up 9-3 early and the defense seems to only be able to stop them in the red zone. Yet, the commitment to the run pays off with some big runs in the 2nd and 3rd qtr, and we end up seeing 1 TD each for Foster and Tate. To seal the deal there will be another TD in the 4th qtr to OD on a play-action on first down in the red zone.

As amazing as the Seahawks pass defense is, their run defense has always been close to average once you look at per play (at least outside of the red zone). They are currently giving up 4 yards a rush this year (good for 17th according to ESPN), and they gave up 4.5 yards a rush last year (for 23rd). Key will be for Barian Fostate to pound them into submission.
MidtownMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #55
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then when we win the Super Bowl, they'll tell us how they were here supporting the Texans the whole time, that they believed when no one else would.
Even the darkest pessimist can still support the team.

If you think only sunshine pumpers are the only true fans, so be it.

But I know many diehard fans, some season ticket holders since 2002, that are realistic about the team and often have streaks of pessimism. It doesn't mean that they no longer support the team, though.

Sunnybrook Farmers hold no exclusivity as Texans fans.
Old 09-26-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Even the darkest pessimist can still support the team.

If you think only sunshine pumpers are the only true fans, so be it.

But I know many diehard fans, some season ticket holders since 2002, that are realistic about the team and often have streaks of pessimism. It doesn't mean that they no longer support the team, though.

Sunnybrook Farmers hold no exclusivity as Texans fans.

Don't put words in my mouth DB.

There's a difference between pessimism & hate. There's a lot of hate on this board right now.

CnD is very pessimistic about Schaub's future, I don't consider him a hater.
Old 09-26-2013   #57
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHawk View Post
You guys say the sweetest things.
Shaddit seaduck!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #58
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Shaddit seaduck!
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #59
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 12966 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely tough score to predict for me. Hoping that the Texans win, but I don't see the Texans scoring much on the Seahawks' D. However, the Texans have been giving up points, and Russell Wilson is a great mobile QB, and mobile QBs historically do well against the Texans, so I must find that happy medium:

Texans 30
Seahawks 27

Might require overtime to get to this score.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #60
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
But I think we'll get our lead early. After that, It's our time.
And you base this on recent first half history?

Quote:

Hey, the thread says "Let's predict", not "let's hope". I hope they win. I'll be cheering them on. But predictions are based on substance, not hope. I mean, I could just blindly predict that I'm going to win the lottery, but there's not much factual evidence to suggest it'll actually happen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read