Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2013   #21
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 4 VS Seahawks...Let's predict ;)

so you guys have the Seahawks this Sunday? wow! that is a tough one! imo, the Seahawks defense is playing incredible football right now. they play with chips on their shoulders. i think it will be a tough game on your offense but, i believe that your defense can keep you guys in this game and even take it over for you. your defensive front was giving my Ravens hell with trying to run the ball. and if they can play like that against Wilson and Beastmode, then you guys will have a shot.

what's the word on AJ? is he playing? cause if not, that's a whole different issue.
Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The Seahawks are favored by 3. Would you bet cold, hard cash on the Texans to cover?
No.
Old 09-26-2013   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Western Yankee Birds win, TexansTalk.com crashes.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Western Yankee Birds win, TexansTalk.com crashes.
And dalemurphey will be there to tell everyone that Schaub looks great
Old 09-26-2013   #25
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

20-17 Texans
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #26
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
if the score ends up being 5-3 I will proclaim you king of TexansTalk.
I second this motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #27
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
5-3 SeaDucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakos82
if the score ends up being 5-3 I will proclaim you king of TexansTalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL
I second this motion.

K...I kinda have to agree with Brakos and Papal (yeah I know it's "Papa L" but I like saying "papal") if the final score is 5 to 3 I will declare you the *John the Baptist of Texans Talk, despite my being Bill's disciple. Vugg it. You'll be a LEGEND.

*Iesvs said of his cousin John the Baptist that he was: "The greatest man of woman born."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2013   #28
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

16 - 14 Texans.

Posey to score the Texans TD.

The Seagulls 14 points coming from 2 Schaubs.
Old 09-26-2013   #29
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

24-16 Seahawks.

DeAndre with 100 yards receiving, OD with the lone touchdown, everywhere else we settle for FGs.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #30
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks 24, us 6.

Anemic offensive performance of course, Scub throwing 2 picks and the defense will give up a TD drive in the first series of the second half. Defense of course doesn't force a turnover because the DB's don't locate the ball ever and they can't catch. Hero of the game will be Shane Lechler besides JJ who will get 2 sacks and swat 2 passes.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Seahawks are going to bring massive heat on Schaub and they are gonna be very physical with our WR's. Andre is less than 100% and Hopkins will face the biggest secondary in the NFL and he won't do much since he isn't going to run past anyone. I can see us moving the ball between the 20's but I don't see too many scores. This team is still too slow. If Andre Johnson takes another hit and goes out for any length of time this offense will get ugly in a hurry because everyone is going to crowd the box and the middle of the field. Texans fatal flaw is the lack of killer speed.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #32
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think the Seahawks are going to bring massive heat on Schaub and they are gonna be very physical with our WR's. Andre is less than 100% and Hopkins will face the biggest secondary in the NFL and he won't do much since he isn't going to run past anyone. I can see us moving the ball between the 20's but I don't see too many scores. This team is still too slow. If Andre Johnson takes another hit and goes out for any length of time this offense will get ugly in a hurry because everyone is going to crowd the box and the middle of the field. Texans fatal flaw is the lack of killer speed.
So you theorize their secondary will take away the deep stuff and their linebackes will take away the short underneath stuff? Fascinating.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #33
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Hawks 23
Texans 13

Frowny face.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
So you theorize their secondary will take away the deep stuff and their linebackes will take away the short underneath stuff? Fascinating.
Its the all roads lead to Rome theory.

Old 09-26-2013   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on what we've seen the first three weeks, I would not be surprised by total domination by the Seahawks in a game that is never close.

Obviously hope the Texans rise up and compete, but I do not see Schaub escaping the rush and beating the coverage.

Our defense could put up a good fight, but if they cannot consistently get to Wilson, he will scorch our soft coverage. Dude is elusive and will give our front 7 a hard time all day long.
Old 09-26-2013   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Based on what we've seen the first three weeks, I would not be surprised by total domination by the Seahawks in a game that is never close.

Obviously hope the Texans rise up and compete, but I do not see Schaub escaping the rush and beating the coverage.

Our defense could put up a good fight, but if they cannot consistently get to Wilson, he will scorch our soft coverage. Dude is elusive and will give our front 7 a hard time all day long.
Unfortunately, I agree wholeheartedly

Eh, I'll look at it this way. I won't be as pissed if we lose because it was expected. The 1st three games I've been pissed, win or lose.
Old 09-26-2013   #37
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I predicted 46-10 Seahawks. I always predict 46-10 Texans but I honestly believe this will be one ugly game. There will be a demand for blood from the fans on Sunday evening that Bob will not be able to ignore.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:

In the ten games after our 11-1 start of last season, we will be 4-6 (since the December 02 Titan victory) if we lose to the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/TEXANS

Old 09-26-2013   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Unfortunately, I agree wholeheartedly

Eh, I'll look at it this way. I won't be as pissed if we lose because it was expected. The 1st three games I've been pissed, win or lose.
I feel exactly the same way. I expect the Texans to be handed an ass whippin', so I'm not going to be that upset when they lose. If the game is even competitive I'll be OK with it.

Unless we lose on a last second Schaub int or something.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #40
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys say the sweetest things.
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read