Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #1
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak Presser

Just a few notes:
Kubiak won't say Schaub is the starter if he's healthy. Take this with a grain of salt - he also said I'm going to prepare "Case & TJ" to play. Not TJ & Case.

Manning hasn't been confirmed to has a broken fibula.
Still evaluating Schaub. He's been getting shots and is still sore.

Nothing else but typical coach speak.
Old 10-14-2013   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Take this with a grain of salt - he also said I'm going to prepare "Case & TJ" to play. Not TJ & Case.
Lol at how everyone is grasping at anything to have some hope...yes sir desperation has truly set in..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #3
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill give credit to McClain he went full bore #FREECASE on Kubiak. Every QB question involved Case specifically
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #4
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol at how everyone is grasping at anything to have some hope...yes sir desperation has truly set in..
This team needs a spark. If you want to have a chance at still making the postseason, you need something to shake things up. Will playing Keenum guarantee a win vs KC? Of course not. Will Keenum be the next Tom Brady? Seriously doubtful. Will he make me MUCH more interested in watching the next few weeks? Heck yeah.
Old 10-14-2013   #5
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm already in draft mode. This team isn't making the playoffs.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
this is me as well... I'm gonna watch just b/c i'm a loyal fan, but I've seen enough of this team as it is currently composed.
Old 10-14-2013   #7
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
This team needs a spark. If you want to have a chance at still making the postseason, you need something to shake things up. Will playing Keenum guarantee a win vs KC? Of course not. Will Keenum be the next Tom Brady? Seriously doubtful. Will he make me MUCH more interested in watching the next few weeks? Heck yeah.
Exactly.

Keenum needs to start, we pretty much know what Yates is capable of and even though he took the Texans pretty far when he was forced to start...it was more because of how great everyone around him was playing.

And he still had a tendency to throw INTs. Now is not the time to put someone out there because he has seniority.
Old 10-14-2013   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if Kubiak is hell bent on Schaub due to loyalty. Or it is over 6 years he did a piss poor job of getting a second string quarterback that he feels comfortable taking the chains off and running the damn offense

Buffalo had to start a Practice squad QB against Cincy and they about pulled it off. Their offense had a lot more spark than what we have seen lately
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ came in and I was hoping Kubiak would have some urgency with the offense and just flat out go with it....hell no he didn't. If you can't trust TJ why didn't we bring in someone to push him or even Matt?

Been 3 years with TJ and if he doesn't know the offense by now, he never will
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Desperation is a stinky cologne"

Old 10-14-2013   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know if Kubiak is hell bent on Schaub due to loyalty. Or it is over 6 years he did a piss poor job of getting a second string quarterback that he feels comfortable taking the chains off and running the damn offense

Buffalo had to start a Practice squad QB against Cincy and they about pulled it off. Their offense had a lot more spark than what we have seen lately
Well, he did not display loyalty at the presser today. When asked if Schaub would start if he was healthy, Kubiak said something like, "well, we need to get him healthy and then I will evaluate who will start..."

It seemed clear in the presser that:

1. He plans to start Case this week... or,
2. He is strongly considering it and simply hasn't decided yet.
3. He is not content with Schaub's play- when given an opportuntiy to commend Schaub's performance yesterday, he didn't do it. Instead, he said something like, "it was better, but..."

With Schaub's ankle injury, the upcoming bye week, and the 2-4 record, I have no idea what may play out the next two weeks. I tell you what, though... They better sit Schaub down instead of starting a hobbled version of him against the Chiefs in KC. He will get creamed this week!

By the way, Kubiak had a hysterical reaction when someone mentioned that the Chiefs had 10 sacks yesterday. His face told the story!
Old 10-14-2013   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The presser is purposely vague to make KC guess as to whom they will be facing..........purposely keeping Schaub in the mix.

If there was no mention of the MRI results, I would virtually guarantee that not only will Schaub not start Sunday, but also that, due to whatever likely injury(ies) he sustained, he will not be able to play again (even if Kubiak wanted him to or Schaub wanted to) before at least 2-4 weeks. If the MRI was negative or would have have shown something minimal and encouraging, Kubiak would be volunteering every detail of the test to the world.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Exactly.

Keenum needs to start, we pretty much know what Yates is capable of and even though he took the Texans pretty far when he was forced to start...it was more because of how great everyone around him was playing.

And he still had a tendency to throw INTs. Now is not the time to put someone out there because he has seniority.

Yeah...according to you guys its time to start a guy who hasnt seen any live bullets in a regular season in his career..
Old 10-14-2013   #14
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33993 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The presser is purposely vague to make KC guess as to whom they will be facing..........
LMFAO, yep because they would be a real SKEERED if they knew who we wuz a throwin out there ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #15
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[/b]

Yeah...according to you guys its time to start a guy who hasnt seen any live bullets in a regular season in his career..
Yeah, because most of us saw the result of putting in a backup QB who HAS seen live bullets in a regular season game, and came to the conclusion that Yates is a Schaub clone, and putting him in as starter solves exactly nothing...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #16
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
This, I gave them til the Rams game to turn it around. I was fine with a weak start, beats going weak before playoffs, but I said if they didn't beat the Rams I was calling the season.

I will still watch, I want the W, but I can't really be surprised with a L in ANY of the remaining games.

IF we lose to Jags however, we will be in worse shape than I even currently suspect.
Old 10-14-2013   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

On the coach show on 610 he was vague again. He's not going to tip his hand this early.

Honestly, I think he's going with case. I think that's the guy he identified as his pet project and he's willing to go through some growing pains with him.

Also, I do think TJ will play better with more work, but like tkyss said in another thread....no matter the circumstances, you can't be TJ Yates and get that opportunity and come in and play that poorly.

I'm ready to see case now. Been ready. Need to see him to see what we have to work with going forward.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #18
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The presser is purposely vague to make KC guess as to whom they will be facing..........purposely keeping Schaub in the mix.

If there was no mention of the MRI results, I would virtually guarantee that not only will Schaub not start Sunday, but also that, due to whatever likely injury(ies) he sustained, he will not be able to play again (even if Kubiak wanted him to or Schaub wanted to) before at least 2-4 weeks. If the MRI was negative or would have have shown something minimal and encouraging, Kubiak would be volunteering every detail of the test to the world.
If that was a grade 2 sprain I'm thinking more like 2 months. Who knows he may have even torn his ATFL or CFL and could be done for the year.
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly, I think he's going with case. I think that's the guy he identified as his pet project and he's willing to go through some growing pains with him.
If Case is his pet project, I can't imagine him not feeling like it's "now or never" Case probably isn't ready, but neither was Geno Smith but the Jets are much more optimistic about their season than we are & that ain't right.
Old 10-14-2013   #20
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be shocked if Keenum isn't the starter this week.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read