Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2013   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SeaHawks fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
That Ring was a gift from his defense. But I will give Flack credit he had his Doug Williams/Buster Douglas moment.
You must have missed the playoffs last season if you are going to insist that Flacco received a ring because of his defense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You must have missed the playoffs last season if you are going to insist that Flacco received a ring because of his defense.
Hey Tex, what does --><-- mean?
Old 09-24-2013   #63
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Aside from last years playoffs, Flacco has been sub-mediocre.
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #64
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.

Okay, how about this: Brice McCain for Richard Sherman straight up?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #65
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
All I know is this.... @theGuruStu is coming in town Friday from Seattle. I look forward to seeing him but kicking his ass Sunday!!!

Stu, I'll see ya at Nick's place Friday!

*EDIT*

BTW Stu, you sounded a bit awnry on 1560 this evening!!
Not that you know me, nut I am making the trek to Houston this week to support my team and I do not have good good win loss track record.

I feel that the Sanchez Jets season opener and Rosencopter were too of the worst games I have been a part of attending.

Last year I watched the Texans crush the Titans, so I hope that means I have turned into a good luck charm instead of my attendance being a curse.
Old 09-24-2013   #66
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Okay, how about this: Brice McCain for Richard Sherman straight up?
I think we would have to include a 4th or 5th rounder to make that palatable for Seattle.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #67
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, Sherman was originally a 5th round pick. The SeaHawks front office has been uncannily good at drafting in the mid/late rounds. The whole defense is built on afterthoughts when you think about it. Only Earl Thomas is a first round pick. Irvin is too, but he's a pure pass rusher, not an every down starter.

Sherman - 5th round
Browner - CFL Castoff
Chancellor - 5th round
Bobby Wagner - 2nd round
KJ Wright - 4th round
Malcom Smith - 6th round
Mebane - 3rd round
Red Bryant - 4th round
Clemmons - Was a throw in from philly along with the draft pick they sent us for Daryl Tapp

Crazy stuff, really.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2013   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Slightly off-topic, but go Sounders.
Brakos my friend (and also off-topic), knowing you live in the Pacific Northwest (your hitchhiking trek not withstanding), what the hell are the Sounders?? My brother-in-law played baseball (minor league) for the Nashville Sounders, BWTH???
Old 09-24-2013   #69
SacHawk
Rookie

The Sounders are a Soccer (aka: sissy football aka: futbol aka: European flopology) team.
Old 09-24-2013   #70
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHawk View Post
The Sounders are a Soccer (aka: sissy football aka: futbol aka: European flopology) team.
Oh!! The Sssounderss. Now that I hear it like that, yeah, I've heard of 'em.
Old 09-24-2013   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn the madness!! Brian Ching announced his retirement!! Apparently there will be some sort of "demonstration match" or some such shyte!! But I digress!!

Never mind, who cares about sissy football!! LOL!

*EDIT*

And yes my friends or mods, feel free to move this post!!!
Old 09-24-2013   #72
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: SeaHawks fan here

Quote:
Hey, Sherman was originally a 5th round pick. The SeaHawks front office has been uncannily good at drafting in the mid/late rounds. The whole defense is built on afterthoughts when you think about it. Only Earl Thomas is a first round pick. Irvin is too, but he's a pure pass rusher, not an every down starter.

Sherman - 5th round
Browner - CFL Castoff
Chancellor - 5th round
Bobby Wagner - 2nd round
KJ Wright - 4th round
Malcom Smith - 6th round
Mebane - 3rd round
Red Bryant - 4th round
Clemmons - Was a throw in from philly along with the draft pick they sent us for Daryl Tapp

Crazy stuff, really.
What's a CFL Castoff? It's not unusual for CFL guys to try their luck in the NFL. I still remember Vernon Perry Remember Joe Kapp?
Old 09-24-2013   #73
SacHawk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
What's a CFL Castoff? It's not unusual for CFL guys to try their luck in the NFL. I still remember Vernon Perry Remember Joe Kapp?

What I meant was that he was cut from the Broncos and had to toil away in the CFL before he got another shot.
Old 09-24-2013   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Doug Flutie??? Warren Moon.....

Vernon Perry????
Nice pull!!! He won a playoff game for the Oilers almost singlehandedly by himself given the fact Earl and Dante couldn't go, with 4 picks and a blocked kick (returned for a TD IIRC).
Old 09-24-2013   #75
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: SeaHawks fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Doug Flutie??? Warren Moon.....

Vernon Perry????
Nice pull!!! He won a playoff game for the Oilers almost singlehandedly by himself given the fact Earl and Dante couldn't go, with 4 picks and a blocked kick (returned for a TD IIRC).
He got 2 interceptions in the 1977 Grey Cup (stapled shoes) game IIRC, it was the year before Warren Moon joined the Eskimos. I watched a replay of that game a couple of years ago & Warren Moon wasn't there... didn't even see him on the sidelines.
Old 09-25-2013   #76
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

Welcome. And you should be worried. I am not sold on the Seahawks being as good as they are being touted just yet. You scored 12 points against the Panthers who lost to the Bills, killed the Jags in your stadium who are the NFL's worst team and beat the 49ers who have been looking like frauds so far this season by getting shellacked by the Hawks and the Colts.

You lost Okung. No Irvin.

You are in our house and the Texans are mad. Foster is getting healthy, AJ is getting healthy, Duane Brown is getting healthy and the crowd is going to be going nuts.

You may be able to pull out a win if you buckle your chinstrap tight. But I think the Texans will show you why they collected 22 wins over the past 2 seasons.

Here is to a good injury free game. Cheers.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #77
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks, Texas A & M called. They want their 12th man shtick back.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #78
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Seahawks, Texas A & M called. They want their 12th man shtick back.
Seattle does it better.

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks fans set stadium noise record Sunday

The fan group attempting to set a Guinness World Records mark for loudest stadium says it has established a record during Sunday night's game between the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

The group, called Volume 12, announced on its Facebook page it had set the mark late in the first quarter. The decibel reading taken during a sack of San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the first quarter following a one hour weather delay was 131.9 decibels.

The previous record for "loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium," was 131.76 decibels, set in 2011 in Turkey at the Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex Turk Telekom Arena during a soccer match between Galatasaray SC and Fenerbahce.

Source
Old 09-25-2013   #79
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Seattle does it better.
Many times when the Texans fall behind at home, it becomes eerily quite and all you can hear is the 12th Man snoring.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read