Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2013   #1
JRingo
Rookie

Rep Power: 1978 JRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans mirror image.

Watching TNF football. Rams seem very similar to our boys. Great defensive effort at times then errors on offense. Bone headed plays on D. Not much difference in the mobility between Sam and Matt. Sam does have some zip on the ball..
JRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans mirror image.

Yeah, it's exactly the same.

Merge.
Old 09-26-2013   #3
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRingo View Post
Watching TNF football. Rams seem very similar to our boys. Great defensive effort at times then errors on offense. Bone headed plays on D. Not much difference in the mobility between Sam and Matt. Sam does have some zip on the ball..
Are you high?
Old 09-26-2013   #4
JRingo
Rookie

Rep Power: 1978 JRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Are you high?
Guess I missed your point. Care to explain your comment?
JRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #5
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRingo View Post
Guess I missed your point. Care to explain your comment?
The only way anyone can make a claim that Bradford and Schaub have similar mobility is under the influence of drugs. Bradford is 1000 times more mobile, he just doesn't do it much, but not only can he scramble he is good at throwing on the run.

The Rams are horrible at running the ball and defending the run. They don't have many receiving threats. Honestly I don't see any similarities whatsoever.
Old 09-26-2013   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this some reference to Justin Timberlake's "mirrors"????

Just turrrble!
Old 09-26-2013   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Rams look nothing like "our boys".. I'm beginning to sour on Schaub, but even I know he's a hell of a lot better than Sam Bradford. Not to mention the Rams have no running game like ours, or a receiving core near as talented as ours, and the Rams are (and have been this season) getting ran the hell over.. That doesn't happen against "our boys". Innegan went out with a "thigh injury" yeah right, the punk got benched because Boldin was destroying him.

Just because you see a anemic offense that is struggling (and this has always been this rams team), that doesn't mean they are our "mirror image". The Rams suck this year and Fisher led teams have never been great offensive strong teams.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2013   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only way anyone can make a claim that Bradford and Schaub have similar mobility is under the influence of drugs. Bradford is 1000 times more mobile, he just doesn't do it much, but not only can he scramble he is good at throwing on the run.

The Rams are horrible at running the ball and defending the run. They don't have many receiving threats. Honestly I don't see any similarities whatsoever.
For about 5 yards.. and saying he's a "1000 times more mobile", is like me saying I can beat my dad in a foot race... that doesn't make me very mobile either. Sam Bradford is not a mobile QB.
Old 09-27-2013   #9
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
For about 5 yards.. and saying he's a "1000 times more mobile", is like me saying I can beat my dad in a foot race... that doesn't make me very mobile either. Sam Bradford is not a mobile QB.
So Bradford wasn't rolling out (scrambling under pressure) avoiding some sacks and throwing zingers on the run last night? Maybe I was the one who was loopy then. Sure seemed like he could move, and it sure seemed like he could move at least 999 times better than Schaub, maybe not 1000 times I tend to exaggerate.
Old 09-27-2013   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So Bradford wasn't rolling out (scrambling under pressure) avoiding some sacks and throwing zingers on the run last night? Maybe I was the one who was loopy then. Sure seemed like he could move, and it sure seemed like he could move at least 999 times better than Schaub, maybe not 1000 times I tend to exaggerate.
There are many QBs who can avoid sacks.. it doesn't mean they are "mobile QBs". The most yards Sam has ran for in his career is 124 with a 3.4 average. He's more elusive than Schaub since he isn't a complete statue, but he isn't what I would call a "mobile QB". And he wasn't throwing "zingers" last night. Lol, he only completed 46% of his passes for less than 5 ypa. For all the beef we give Schaub he's a better passer and a better QB.
Old 09-27-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Just turrrble!
I agree, tarbull.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Just turrrble!
I'm kinda disappointed in the fact you know of a Justin Timberlake song. :shakeshead:
Old 09-27-2013   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

someone one the radio the other morning made the comparison to the Texans being the 91' Detroit Lions.

Not talking talent in general but being key pieces on their team...

Erik Kramer = Matt Schaub
Herman Moore = Andre Johnson
Barry Sanders = Arian Foster
Lions D = Texans D

Go through that roster and the similarities are staggering. and guess what the deciding factor was with both teams not being as successful as they should have been with their receptive talents....

Head coach...

Wayne Fontes = Gary Kubiak

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have much better talent, but unfortunately have been playing like the Rams this season.

The 2013 Texans have a much higher ceiling than the 2013 Rams. They just need to play like it.
Old 09-27-2013   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
someone one the radio the other morning made the comparison to the Texans being the 91' Detroit Lions.

Not talking talent in general but being key pieces on their team...

Erik Kramer = Matt Schaub
Herman Moore = Andre Johnson
Barry Sanders = Arian Foster
Lions D = Texans D

Go through that roster and the similarities are staggering. and guess what the deciding factor was with both teams not being as successful as they should have been with their receptive talents....

Head coach...

Wayne Fontes = Gary Kubiak
Didnt they have a shoddy O line as well?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Schaub is more accurate than Bradford.
Old 09-27-2013   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see us bring in Bradford if he doesn't work out in STL. He's been a victim of bad coaching, a bad o-line and he's not had any real weapons around him since he's been in STL.

He's got a better arm than Schaub, he's just as accurate if not more accurate than Schaub & he's a bit more mobile too. I think with right coaching, he could be good here.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #18
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams are an average team at best and they were one of the worst teams in the league a few seasons ago. The Texans have a legitimate Super Bowl contender and have won a lot more games than the Rams so far this decade. How are they a mirror image?

That being said, the Texans better play up to their potential soon. These first three games have been horrible. We trailed all three games in the fourth quarter as well at halftime. Still waiting to see a solid 60 minutes of football out of the Texans.

Even playing horribly the Texans are still 2-1
Old 09-27-2013   #19
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams go 4-12 this year. They went 2-14 just two seasons ago, sandwiched by a 7-8-1 and 7-9 season.

The Rams are 1-3 right now, but the Cardinals choked away that Week 1 game against the Rams, blowing a double-digit lead in the fourth quarter and lost 27-24. Otherwise the Rams would be 0-4

Only valid comparison you can really make between the two teams is that the Texans are lucky not to be winless right now. We had to come from behind to pull out the first two games after trailing in the 4th.

That's it. The Texans are a much better team than the Rams.

Talent wise, we under-played those first three games. Hopefully we will come alive this Sunday against a 3-0 Seahawks team. If we beat the Seahawks and reach 3-1, all of a sudden we'll gain back some respect from the national media.
Old 09-27-2013   #20
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This message board is a complete mess right now, WOW.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read