Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2013   #41
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OK, I'm starting to panic

Schaub has built up enough credibility with Kubiak to secure his starting role until at least the end of the season. He would have to really screw up consistently for many weeks before getting the bench. What that means is that this season will likely see no changes, and it's going to be a tough one to watch.

The right tackle position is compromised, and it could possibly improve if Ryan Harris rotates in. But the QB production will steadily decline as Schaub's foot becomes more unreliable. Just set your expectations right now, because there is a lot of ugly Texans football for the next 13 weeks.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So it is likely the lingering effects of the injury? How can that get better?

OK, I'm starting to panic. For real.
I do believe that we are seeing lingering effects of his Lisfranc. As I've tried so many times before to explain, this is not the type of injury that you necessarily would expect re-injury. It is an injury that many times manifests itself as a slowly progressive course of tenderness and aching, not atypically including a degenerative arthritis component. Rest tends to help temporarily, but as soon as repeated stresses are placed on the foot again, the negative effects on performance tend to return and continue, much like an elbow tendonitis problem in a tennis player. Unfortunately, unlike the knee which can be better supported and stabilized by strengthening the large hamstring and quad muscles, there are virtually no muscles of significant size in the foot that can be strengthened enough to effictively improve the support and stability of the Lisfranc joint that must carry the burden of a moving 6'5" 240 pound person.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #43
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I do believe that we are seeing lingering effects of his Lisfranc. As I've tried so many times before to explain, this is not the type of injury that you necessarily would expect re-injury. It is an injury that many times manifests itself as a slowly progressive course of tenderness and aching, not atypically including a degenerative arthritis component. Rest tends to help temporarily, but as soon as repeated stresses are placed on the foot again, the negative effects on performance tend to return and continue, much like an elbow tendonitis problem in a tennis player. Unfortunately, unlike the knee which can be better supported and stabilized by strengthening the large hamstring and quad muscles, there are virtually no muscles of significant size in the foot that can be strengthened enough to effictively improve the support and stability of the Lisfranc joint that must carry the burden of a moving 6'5" 240 pound person.
I experienced so,etching similar with my elbow and it progressed to the point over the years to where I can't even do curls over 15 pounds with my right arm without paying for it for a month. If that's Schaub's problem, it explains a lot.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #44
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation Doc.

The future is looking kinda bleak. It seems to be time to find the QB of the future.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #45
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So it is likely the lingering effects of the injury? How can that get better?

OK, I'm starting to panic. For real.

Seth Payne this morning was pointing out that Schaub was passing off of his back foot most of the game.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #46
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Seth Payne this morning was pointing out that Schaub was passing off of his back foot most of the game.
The question is now is this mental or physical issues, and only a few people will likely know the reason.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #47
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite Watt and Cush, the front seven is just garbage

Hopkins being a beast gives me hope for the offense though.

At least the Texans haven't gotten kicked in the balls by Father Time like the Steelers. Good lord do they look slow.

Young teams like the Colts and the Bengals are closing the gap. Not sure what to think of Miami yet, but they are vastly improved.

Its one game to a superior opponent. Its not like the Texans fell off a cliff like the Steelers, Giants, and Skins.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2013   #48
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Blaming OD for that play is like blaming the Titanic sinking on the musicians being out of tune on the side deck. Ridiculous.

Equally ludicrous is saying people would be bitching that we are peaking too early if we had blown these three teams out. You took examples posts from late in the year when the team was tanking. People at that point were speculating on why. One theory was peaking too soon.

That is far, far different then saying the team is peaking too soon during the "peak". It was all hindsight Monday morning QBing. That's what fans do. So ya when the team tanked, people were grasping for straws.

Ya, it's all sunshine and rainbows here. Don't worry that this team should be 0-3 but for a couple of miracle comebacks. It's all good here. Nothing to see. Move along.

You are easily the worst person I have ever seen at making analogies
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

To heck with "peaking" go out each game and manhandle the opponent, play to win not play to remain close and hope to win game at end. Call better plays, let the FB protect the Qb rather than block for the half back 100%. Quit throwing passes 5 yards from LOS and stretch the field. 14 penalties? Get outta here!

I will calm down when we start playing like a contender. I don't watch crappy wins. Let's play like we belong in the NFL and coach like it also.
Old 09-23-2013   #50
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
The question is now is this mental or physical issues, and only a few people will likely know the reason.
It's both and it has been both. If you honestly put Kubiak and Schaub against Harbough and Flacco who do you truly thinks wins? Right now looking at it like this makes me think we should be 2-1 but will be 2-3 after going against tye former usc coach/Russell Wilson then Harbough/kap.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #51
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
It's both and it has been both. If you honestly put Kubiak and Schaub against Harbough and Flacco who do you truly thinks wins? Right now looking at it like this makes me think we should be 2-1 but will be 2-3 after going against tye former usc coach/Russell Wilson then Harbough/kap.
Isolated in a bubble with identical teams? It is probably a coin flip. Save me the "but look at their history".

Before last year Flacco had the same reputation that many attribute to Schaub. The Coaches aren't even close?

It gets so old hearing how Kubiak has been her for sooooo long and done nothing. Harbaugh inherited Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Hiloti Nata, Terrel Sugs, Bart Scott, Willis McGahee, Derick Mason, Jonathan Ogden, Todd Heap and then got to draft Flacco and Rice his first year.

Those players went on to start hundreds of games for either the Ravens or other teams for YEARS.

His team was one season removed from 13-3 and then the year before he got there was 5-11 after McNair went down and Kyle Boller and after staring 4-4 they lost 7 of 8 with Boller.

Kubiak inherited Andre Johnson. No HOF tackles, no HOF LBrs, no HOF safety, no top 20 RB. His RB? Ron Dayne. Johnson and Daniels are the only names even mentionable on the best players at their position on offense. Mario Williams was a top tier player and I'll give you Ryans. That's it.

Now lets look at 2009. Both teams went 9-7.

QB: Joe Flacco - Matt Schaub --- wash
RB: Ray Rice - Slayton --- adv BAL
WR: Mason - Johnson --- adv Hou
WR: Clayton - Walter --- wash
TE: Heap - Daniels --- wash
LT: Gaither - Brown --- adv Bal
LG: Grubs - Studdard --- adv Bal
C: Birk - Meyers --- adv Bal (both Brown and Meyers were terrible in 09)
RG: Chester - White --- adv Bal (seriously, a bloody tampon was more likely to block)
RT: Oher - Winston --- adv Hou
FB: McClain - Leach --- adv Hou (but close, McClain was great too)

Front 7: Nata, Kelly Gregg, Dwan Edwards, Terrell Suggs, Tavares Gooden, Ray Lewis, Jarret Johnson

vs.

Antonio Smith, Shaun Cody, Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, Demeco Ryans Zach Diles

Umm... you tell me...

CB: Fabian Washington - Robinson(5 games)/Bennett --- adv Bal
CB: Domonique Foxworth - Glover Quinn --- adv Bal
SS: Dawan Landry - Bernart Pollard --- wash
FS: Ed Reed -Eugene Wilson (stop laughing)

The team won a SB with was together for 5 years as a core.

Take Flacco and Schaub out of the equation... at what point did the Texans accrue a similar talent level? Everyone points to Flacco as so much better than Schaub in the playoffs? That is laughable. Prior to last year:

134/247 1532 yards, 8td, 8int 54% comp 6 yds/att and a QB rating of 70.

That leaves you with one of two options. Either Flacco got hot or get got better with age. We are all talking about him as "clutch".... give me a break.

That doesn't mean that Schaub is all world, there are 3 QBs that are all world, no more. Schaub and Flacco are very similar QBs really. To say you can't win a SB with Schaub is ridiculous though. Before you call for his head, how many options do you have for QBs you CAN win a SB with if you can't win with Schaub?

You can "rank QBs" if you want but realistically there are a few groups of QBs. 18, 12 and Rogers. Class of their own. If you don't have one of those three you don't have an "elite" qb. The next group includes everyone from Eli to Romo to Schaub and Flacco. They are all good QBs that have a weakness that has to be hidden or at least not manifest itself. The argument to get rid of Schaub would have to include a way to get an all world QB. Sure, it may happen and maybe Luck or RGIII are that guy but you aren't going to get rid of Schaub and get one that same year. If you want to plan for the future, that's fine but you are better served to build around Schaub (which I think we've done pretty well actually) or you have to give up on the next couple of years while you groom his successor.

The truth is probably closer to "if a guy can get you to the playoffs he CAN win a superbowl" but that doesn't mean he will. People can lambast the coach/qb combination but that someone doesn't win a superbowl doesn't mean they aren't "capable" it means it didn't happen. There are several teams that CAN win a superbowl every year but not every team that CAN win WILL. Some teams that SHOULDN'T win SBs get lucky and do. Some teams that SHOULD win get unlucky and don't (Patriots v. Giants anyone)?

Sure, go out and tell me I'm wrong with some subjective "I know what I'm talking about because I've watched the game". Tell me I'm a "homer" or a "sunshine pumper"... then explain how an objective look at history proves your point and not mine.

Manning "Couldn't win a SB" for years. Hell, he couldn't win a playoff game. Brady came out of nowhere. Marino got to one.. and then? Elway "couldn't win the big one on his own" despite being captain comeback and then Dilfer wins one.

Big Ben won one his second year. Was he a better QB then that at any point since? Analyzing these games and acting as if somehow history proves what is possible and disproves that which hasn't happened yet is stupid. It would be really nice if someone that keeps saying we can't win with this or that... ok... come up with a real plan (some detail please) that gets us to where you think we need to be instead of screaming how "this sucks get rid of Schaub". Oh and by the way, we may not ever win a SB with Schaub. I'm sure that in 5 years you'd love to find me and remind me of that point... but the odds are stacked in your favor every year. If 10 teams are in the upper tier with a possibility to win and Houston stays in that group for the next 5 years then the odds of us winning one in the next 5 years are somewhere around 30%. So sit and complain, fine. Sit and get mad, fine but don't turn around and tell me that you are somehow "objective" when all you are analyzing is a hand full of plays over the last 4 years acting as if you're a) in the huddle or b) know the playcall and can actually diagnose what went wrong.

The "QB/WR/TE" formula recently is not "get a great QB and a great WR" it is "Get a QB that can run your offense and load up with 3-5 targets forcing the defense to pull nickel and dime backs off the bench and play 1/3 - 50% of the snaps. Ever watch a Pats game? Look at the Broncos or the Pack... How do they win? They spread opposition out and get rid of the ball quickly.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #52
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Isolated in a bubble with identical teams? It is probably a coin flip. Save me the "but look at their history".

Before last year Flacco had the same reputation that many attribute to Schaub. The Coaches aren't even close?

It gets so old hearing how Kubiak has been her for sooooo long and done nothing. Harbaugh inherited Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Hiloti Nata, Terrel Sugs, Bart Scott, Willis McGahee, Derick Mason, Jonathan Ogden, Todd Heap and then got to draft Flacco and Rice his first year.

Those players went on to start hundreds of games for either the Ravens or other teams for YEARS.

His team was one season removed from 13-3 and then the year before he got there was 5-11 after McNair went down and Kyle Boller and after staring 4-4 they lost 7 of 8 with Boller.

Kubiak inherited Andre Johnson. No HOF tackles, no HOF LBrs, no HOF safety, no top 20 RB. His RB? Ron Dayne. Johnson and Daniels are the only names even mentionable on the best players at their position on offense. Mario Williams was a top tier player and I'll give you Ryans. That's it.

RG: Chester - White --- adv Bal (seriously, a bloody tampon was more likely to block)

Front 7: Nata, Kelly Gregg, Dwan Edwards, Terrell Suggs, Tavares Gooden, Ray Lewis, Jarret Johnson

vs.

Antonio Smith, Shaun Cody, Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, Demeco Ryans Zach Diles

Umm... you tell me...

Take Flacco and Schaub out of the equation... at what point did the Texans accrue a similar talent level? Everyone points to Flacco as so much better than Schaub in the playoffs? That is laughable. Prior to last year:

That leaves you with one of two options. Either Flacco got hot or get got better with age. We are all talking about him as "clutch".... give me a break.

That doesn't mean that Schaub is all world, there are 3 QBs that are all world, no more. Schaub and Flacco are very similar QBs really. To say you can't win a SB with Schaub is ridiculous though. Before you call for his head, how many options do you have for QBs you CAN win a SB with if you can't win with Schaub?

You can "rank QBs" if you want but realistically there are a few groups of QBs. 18, 12 and Rogers. Class of their own. If you don't have one of those three you don't have an "elite" qb. The next group includes everyone from Eli to Romo to Schaub and Flacco. They are all good QBs that have a weakness that has to be hidden or at least not manifest itself. The argument to get rid of Schaub would have to include a way to get an all world QB. Sure, it may happen and maybe Luck or RGIII are that guy but you aren't going to get rid of Schaub and get one that same year. If you want to plan for the future, that's fine but you are better served to build around Schaub (which I think we've done pretty well actually) or you have to give up on the next couple of years while you groom his successor.

The truth is probably closer to "if a guy can get you to the playoffs he CAN win a superbowl" but that doesn't mean he will. People can lambast the coach/qb combination but that someone doesn't win a superbowl doesn't mean they aren't "capable" it means it didn't happen. There are several teams that CAN win a superbowl every year but not every team that CAN win WILL. Some teams that SHOULDN'T win SBs get lucky and do. Some teams that SHOULD win get unlucky and don't (Patriots v. Giants anyone)?

Sure, go out and tell me I'm wrong with some subjective "I know what I'm talking about because I've watched the game". Tell me I'm a "homer" or a "sunshine pumper"... then explain how an objective look at history proves your point and not mine.

Manning "Couldn't win a SB" for years. Hell, he couldn't win a playoff game. Brady came out of nowhere. Marino got to one.. and then? Elway "couldn't win the big one on his own" despite being captain comeback and then Dilfer wins one.

Big Ben won one his second year. Was he a better QB then that at any point since? Analyzing these games and acting as if somehow history proves what is possible and disproves that which hasn't happened yet is stupid. It would be really nice if someone that keeps saying we can't win with this or that... ok... come up with a real plan (some detail please) that gets us to where you think we need to be instead of screaming how "this sucks get rid of Schaub". Oh and by the way, we may not ever win a SB with Schaub. I'm sure that in 5 years you'd love to find me and remind me of that point... but the odds are stacked in your favor every year. If 10 teams are in the upper tier with a possibility to win and Houston stays in that group for the next 5 years then the odds of us winning one in the next 5 years are somewhere around 30%. So sit and complain, fine. Sit and get mad, fine but don't turn around and tell me that you are somehow "objective" when all you are analyzing is a hand full of plays over the last 4 years acting as if you're a) in the huddle or b) know the playcall and can actually diagnose what went wrong.

The "QB/WR/TE" formula recently is not "get a great QB and a great WR" it is "Get a QB that can run your offense and load up with 3-5 targets forcing the defense to pull nickel and dime backs off the bench and play 1/3 - 50% of the snaps. Ever watch a Pats game? Look at the Broncos or the Pack... How do they win? They spread opposition out and get rid of the ball quickly.

Mike
That's a lot of explaining but I feel ya. To me I believe playing under Harbaugh is easier then playing under Kubiak. Kubiak way to success is like riding a horse when all the other coaches that coach contending teams are driving sports cars. Schaub is the horse the other qbs are sport cars. Harbaugh has a gps and kubiak is looking at stars in the sky while having no understanding of astrology or evening knowing a gps exist.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #53
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Simply put, we didn't make plays. We've had a lot of bad football in Houston, a lot. I recognize it when I see it. Usually discussions about an inherently bad team are about growing in the future. That's not the case here. We're disappointed because this team is under performing.

Mike
We got our tails stomped Sunday, there's no other way to put it. The Crows don't have more talent than the Texans, but they do have a coach. The score was a fair measure of the difference between SB champs and the Texans. The Texans don't deserve SB status any more than a draft dodger deserves a medal of honor.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
We got our tails stomped Sunday, there's no other way to put it. The Crows don't have more talent than the Texans, but they do have a coach. The score was a fair measure of the difference between SB champs and the Texans. The Texans don't deserve SB status any more than a draft dodger deserves a medal of honor.
When the Crows came to Reliant last year, we put a real a55 whup'n on them. We didn't let them think they could move the ball. We abused their QB. We tucked their tails between their legs then gave them a wedgie.

If they win their division, they'll come to Reliant & we'll show them more of the same.
Old 09-23-2013   #55
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear, it feels like nobody around here has watched an nfl season before.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #56
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When the Crows came to Reliant last year, we put a real a55 whup'n on them. We didn't let them think they could move the ball. We abused their QB. We tucked their tails between their legs then gave them a wedgie.

If they win their division, they'll come to Reliant & we'll show them more of the same.
Our 3rd consecutive AFC South title is no sure thing.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #57
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I swear, it feels like nobody around here has watched an nfl season before.
What we did watch was a team who melted down badly over the stretch run last season, and it clearly has carried over into this year.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #58
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

vs.

Umm... you tell me...

Mike
What a long and insightful post. I'm sure we will all study it and learn some things before responding.

So you think Trent Dilfer was an elite QB?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #59
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I'm not so confident the texans are a lock for the afc south title over the colts. Unless this team gets its collective head out of its Ashe I dont see any kind of serious post season success. I know there is a lot of football to be played but the first three weeks have been exciting yet eye opening. If there is a switch it needs to be flipped but it looks like the lights are not coming on.
Old 09-23-2013   #60
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't panic just yet. I think the team will play hard against the Seahawks and pick up a nice home win. Things will look a lot better next week with a 3-1 record. Just a matter of getting it done. Every player on the Texans roster can look themselves in the mirror and realize they can play better football. There really isn't anything more to say. I'm really excited for Sunday's game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read